Transsexuals And Thai Law

kingscliff

The law has been changed according to recent Bkk Post and transsexuals can get there female ID card now! The reason behind this, as in many laws in Thailand, mainly so straight farang can be convinced they are actually with women rather than transsexuals. Thaksin made the profound mistake of mandating bilingual ID cards which immediately made some posers have no clothes on! Well, okay, apart from the Bkk Post bit I made most of that up on the back of too much Beer Chang but it does make a certain amount of sense.

The law has been changed according to recent Bkk Post and transsexuals can get there female ID card now! The reason behind this, as in many laws in Thailand, mainly so straight farang can be convinced they are actually with women rather than transsexuals. Thaksin made the profound mistake of mandating bilingual ID cards which immediately made some posers have no clothes on! Well, okay, apart from the Bkk Post bit I made most of that up on the back of too much Beer Chang but it does make a certain amount of sense.

woahhh, is this seriously true??!! I tried to search the BKK Post website but couldn't find the article. If this is true, this would really change a lot for my gf and I- I assume it means she can get a fiancee visa now?

Ok, i've looked around and talked to some people and greg's post isn't true, baring the bkk post article was from like just yesterday and was only in the print version or something. don't post lies and get our hopes up like that :o ! my gf was quite adamant: "only scam, if I could really change my ID card, I would be first to know!"

but i want to clarify another point- so we all know gays can't get married in thailand, but will thailand recognize gay marriages from a legitimate place that offers them like south africa or massachusettes? i'm just wondering, will anyone at the amphur really take the time to check the gender?

Edited by Svenn

• 2 weeks later...

The gender is on the Thai's ID card so easy for the amphur to check it. If a farang's home country let's them change their gender on the passport then the Thais would probably accept it.

Definitely saw the article in the BK Post, possibly I misread it and it is pending legislation. I recall it because at the time I thought it was another way the Thais can trick farang, as they could no longer rely on the gender in the ID card or passport and some of the doctors do such a good jpb that it is the only way to tell.