One Week Left

angelal

Pai

Is Pai still populated by those neo-hippies who sometimes have to borrow a match to light their joints ?

I was just in Pai this past weekend. After what I read, I expected to see a whole lot of "hippie" types. Instead what I noticed was a whole lot of hi-so looking Thai girls and farang tourists that seem to be of a higher class than normally seen in Chiang Mai. I even ran into a whole group of girls from my office here in Chiang Mai.

Oh, another random observation.. It seems to me that the ratio of American tourists to other farangs is quite a bit higher than I normally see in Chiang Mai, BKK, or Koh Samet.

-Mestizo

The hippies got out after they started doing random pee tests a year or two ago. Pai is popular with Thais because of a movie that was set there.

Rambo 4 ? :o

Pai

Is Pai still populated by those neo-hippies who sometimes have to borrow a match to light their joints ?

I was just in Pai this past weekend. After what I read, I expected to see a whole lot of "hippie" types. Instead what I noticed was a whole lot of hi-so looking Thai girls and farang tourists that seem to be of a higher class than normally seen in Chiang Mai. I even ran into a whole group of girls from my office here in Chiang Mai.

Oh, another random observation.. It seems to me that the ratio of American tourists to other farangs is quite a bit higher than I normally see in Chiang Mai, BKK, or Koh Samet.

-Mestizo

The hippies got out after they started doing random pee tests a year or two ago. Pai is popular with Thais because of a movie that was set there.

Rambo 4 ? :o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:The_memo...ovie_poster.jpg

WTK

And you need to visit Sayuri Entertainment Complex, quite obviously .

Or Pandoras ..... same same area and cheaper

Opens at 3 30 every afternoon.

Enjoy ; ) ..... dave2

what if the OP is a female? i have a strange feeling its a she!

Good intuition. I am a she (hence the "Angela" in my name). I don't know what Sayuri Entertainment Complex or Pandoras are, but given YOUR reply, tigerbeer, I have a strong suspicion. :o And if I'm correct...I have no interest.

And ChiangMai2, I'll leave all the pre-ops for you. :D

Your "strong suspicion" Angela, is probably spot on.

Many of the people responding to your post are real "chok well's" TB excepted.....

What's a "chok well?"

Ask a Thai :D

I think he means ชักว่าว

A kite ! Marvellous, I have been as high as a kite before but I've never directly been called a kite.. Lovely xx

Bit further out but.......SKP Hot Springs...dip your feet in the sulphure water and follow up with a visit inside the famous Muang Cave.

After that take a run up to 'Hoi Gell' eco village,back for coffee in the local mountain huts/highland golf club,drive round Eagle,Elephant and Dragon mountain via Mae pa-kri and finally a very reasonably meal at Khun Jintas restaurant in Mae-on village.... :o