Can I Apply For A Tourist Visa If I Still Have One Outstanding?

Basically, I got a 2 entry 60 day visa from America.

I'm planning on getting a 30 day extention, then going back to the states for a few weeks after my first 90 days are up.

My question is, can I apply for another 1 or 2 entry tourist visa while i'm there, even though I still have one outstanding and not used yet? If so, will that give me a total of three or do I max out at two?

Basically they will cancel the old visa, but my question here, which I did not try before, is what about if someone has an exit & re-entry visa, would they cancel it too if he applies to a new visa?

Bishop :o

Arent all visas entry and re entry. If you have a valid visa and you apply for another they have to cancel the existing one to issue the new one. In the case of a lost passport with a visa, that visa cannot be transferred to the new passport. Only the most recent stamp can be transferred. When that is up you have to go out and get a new visa in the new passport. I just went through this and it was really inconvenient. I received my replacement passport with 3 days left on the last entry stamp on a 3 month entry with a 1 yr non O. I was asked to leave and when I came back they only gave me 14 days and would not continue with my 1 year visa I had before(I had copies and a letter from my embassy asking them to transfer the visa). So I had to go to penang and get another non o multiple entry valid for one year. Technically that original visa is still valid, but the passport that it is in is no longer valid. I would advise to start getting in the habit of getting one year Multiple entry visas now because they are much easier to do everything in Thailand with. If you dont want to put money in a thai bank then forget it they will not give the one year, and you will only get 3 months at a time. It is really pretty simple.

He is talking about a retirement or marriage to a Thai extension. You won't get a multiple entry from any nearby conuslates in your case.

I think I remember you talking about going to a dive school while here. If you could get a letter from one of them showing you are enrolled you probably could get a multiple entry non immigrant O visa from one of the honorary conulates in the states.

Edited by ubonjoe