Au Bon Pain Closed

sharecropper

That will be a shame if they're permanently closed. yeah the whole "Royen" mall has been

undergoing some painful upgrades. I think they have maybe (1) working bathroom in the

entire place now. :o The avenue isn't long for this world, I would have thought the RGP

branch was a vastly greater revenue earner? crossing 2nd road is for athletes only.

The problem with all this places in and around the shopping malls is: The rentals are to high, higher than in Europe. Customers complainig about the prices, but they forgot that rentals are so high that nobody can exist. The same story 11 years ago when the first Lotus supermarked in Thepprasit- South Pattaya opened. There was a MC Donald in the second floor. After 6 months the MC Donald closed down. I guess it was the similar situation. American Companies don't pay any "Key Money" to some silly chinese Landlords.

Went to RGP yesterday for a wander and was shocked how empty the place was. From the beach road side, you could clearly look all the way through to the 2nd road end. Nothing in between, no stalls or anything, just a void. Was positively melancholic. Not so long ago there was a thread here from someone complaining about shirtless blokes walking around RGP with hairy backs. Well, they're all gone now it would seem.

The problem with all this places in and around the shopping malls is: The rentals are to high, higher than in Europe. Customers complainig about the prices, but they forgot that rentals are so high that nobody can exist. The same story 11 years ago when the first Lotus supermarked in Thepprasit- South Pattaya opened. There was a MC Donald in the second floor. After 6 months the MC Donald closed down. I guess it was the similar situation. American Companies don't pay any "Key Money" to some silly chinese Landlords.

correct annalyse !

tha main franchise for au bon pain is in hand of indian family who run very big bussiness in bkk soi 24..........

for now they face some problem in court concerning real estate ............ and loan .

just wait a little bit and everything become as usual soon.