Corn Farmer's Blockade

toybits

Last night, corn farmers were said to have blockade the Seeyeak Mae Korn interestion nearby that Notorious Bridge beside the Little duck Hotel. They said that it was because of the government has cancelled the corn mortgage scheme.

However, I really think it is because of that nasty bridge that they are building beside the Little Duck Hotel. It is taking faaaar toooo looong to complete and has caused sooo many vehicular accidents.

Anyway, I had to double back and find an alternative route back home. Good think I like to explore backroads on my bicycle.

This morning, traffic was snarled like I have never seen before. Will have to find a better alternate route because more people are using the one I used yesterday. Ces le vie.

Corn farmers continue Chiang Rai road blockade

CHIANG RAI: -- Corn farmers in Thailand's northern province of Chiang Rai continued their protest against the slump in corn prices nationally by cutting traffic on Phahonyothin road in the province, urging that state officials intervene.

Farmers from six Chiang Rai districts blocked the highway at Mae Korn intersection on Phahonyothin road, demanding to meet Chiang Rai governor Trisith Sinsomboonthong seeking government action on measures to help the agricultural sector.

The farmers threatened to hold protests to block other roads and government offices if the authorities fail to meet with them and address their concerns.

All vehicles were blocked from passing through the blockade and were forced to divert to use other routes causing hours of delay.

Farmers from other districts were reportedly joining the protest.

-- TNA 2008-12-17

First. C'est la vie. And after that snotty remark I would just like to add that I went there last night and had a quick chat with the farmers. Weren't that many around, about 20 people maximum. They didn't really have the blockade going that well either so I could go through on a motorbike. Since I will go through there again tonight it will be interesting to see how things have developed.

Aren't there two routes from the Thoeng direction at least, through Sriburin Hospital and also a small soi before that. Ah, I have to go and have a look because I can't remember.

Aren't there two routes from the Thoeng direction at least, through Sriburin Hospital and also a small soi before that. Ah, I have to go and have a look because I can't remember.

I don´t think so dear Goski. yesterday evening going home from Rico´s I past all the policestops all the way over the bridge that is not there (under construction) but then I had to go back and make a detour passing Santiburi on my way home.

Same thing this morning going into town we were adviced to take the same detour, passing Santiburi.

Maybe the farmers in Thailand are inspired from the farmers in France that love to <deleted> up the traffic.

I think it is over by now.

:o:D:D

Ha ha... Pardon my French....

First. C'est la vie. And after that snotty remark I would just like to add that I went there last night and had a quick chat with the farmers. Weren't that many around, about 20 people maximum. They didn't really have the blockade going that well either so I could go through on a motorbike. Since I will go through there again tonight it will be interesting to see how things have developed.