Mattress Topper Wanted - My Bed Is Killing Me!

tampasailor

I will have this appartment in N East Bangkok for two weeks.

Ram-in-Tra Ramintra

Everyone here complains of the hard beds.

They appear to be very dense styrofoam.

I did a search for "mattress" here and found some old posts and references

to camping mattresses etc but cant find toppers like we have stateside.

Two herniated disks complaining :o

Any ideas appreciated.

Most large department stores and chains like Big C will have these thin mattresses which work quite well on a regular mattress. The other thing to do is check the other side of the mattress. Some of the mattresses have a hard side and the other is a soft side. I had one like that--problem was the hard side was too hard and the soft side, too soft. I ended up with one of those thin matresses and then could sleep on either side!

• 2 weeks later...
I will have this appartment in N East Bangkok for two weeks.

Ram-in-Tra Ramintra

Everyone here complains of the hard beds.

They appear to be very dense styrofoam.

I did a search for "mattress" here and found some old posts and references

to camping mattresses etc but cant find toppers like we have stateside.

Two herniated disks complaining :o

Any ideas appreciated.

Buy a latex top, not cheap but a good nights sleep!

The furniture fairs that make the rounds of the BK conference venues sell them. Jaspal home sells something as well, but it is not as thick -more of a cushion top, but its nice.

But why not buy yourself a mattress? I gave up on the mattresses that come with apartments/condos years ago. Just tell them to remove it and buy your own. You can get a good mattress in Thailand for 20,000 baht on sale from Seally.

Edited by Furbie

• 4 weeks later...
But why not buy yourself a mattress? I gave up on the mattresses that come with apartments/condos years ago. Just tell them to remove it and buy your own. You can get a good mattress in Thailand for 20,000 baht on sale from Seally.

I did the same. First I wasted 2000 baht on a thin topper. Didn't work so spent more money on something fancier and more expensive. Didn't work so ended up buying a mattress. It would have been cheaper if I'd gone straight to the mattress (but finding a sheet to fit a fat mattress is a bugger).

• 2 weeks later...

I did the same. First I wasted 2000 baht on a thin topper. Didn't work so spent more money on something fancier and more expensive. Didn't work so ended up buying a mattress. It would have been cheaper if I'd gone straight to the mattress (but finding a sheet to fit a fat mattress is a bugger).

I HAD ONE MADE!! 3" LATEX FOAM WITH PERFERATIONS! QUEEN SIZE, At first I bought a Thai topper but once home I found it was just as hard as the matress! So I took it back and the gf explained my problem. They said they could build me a latex topper for 3000 bt so I went for it. Wow is it good! I finally get the lumbar support that I need. I have checked out a lot of matresses since I came here and this is equal to the best and it folds and can be jammed into a little tax too. I am leaving LOS tilll next Nov and have this for sale for 2000.00 bt if you want it. Its just over a month old. I can give you a mobile nr so you can see it and buy it if you want. email me here! It has a regular nice sewn matress cover and its ready to go now!

You cant put a regular matress in a taxi!

• 11 months later...

I HAD ONE MADE!! 3" LATEX FOAM WITH PERFERATIONS! QUEEN SIZE, At first I bought a Thai topper but once home I found it was just as hard as the matress! So I took it back and the gf explained my problem. They said they could build me a latex topper for 3000 bt so I went for it. Wow is it good! I finally get the lumbar support that I need. I have checked out a lot of matresses since I came here and this is equal to the best and it folds and can be jammed into a little tax too. I am leaving LOS tilll next Nov and have this for sale for 2000.00 bt if you want it. Its just over a month old. I can give you a mobile nr so you can see it and buy it if you want. email me here! It has a regular nice sewn matress cover and its ready to go now!

You cant put a regular matress in a taxi!

It's past November now, so I figure your mattress is already sold. But, can you tel me: Where did you go to have a Latex topper made for 3,000 baht? PM me please... thanks!

Edited by Michaelaway

I sleep on an Isan-mattress. The kind you see in some bars that fold up and have this triangular cushiony bit at the end. This one is custom-made without the triangular bits, has 4 folds, is 180cm wide and 200cm long. Fantastic double bed and can be used a sofa in day time (add pillows) and set me back less than 3000THB. Better than any actual bed I think. Ordered at Suan Lum Nightmarket.

Hi

've got Arthritis in the spine & have the same problem,usually end up sleeping on floor,with a large been-bag for back and neck support ,or sleep at dining table ,slumpt over the table or else in the living room easy chair .doc had me on Temazepam for years ,worked ok for a while but I had become addicted to them ,eventually came of them take nothing now but dont work now either when working I used to be still awake at 6am and started at 8am that was murder eventually exhaustion took over and I would fall asleep on chair for about 12 hours and I still cant get anything worked out ,thats why I 'm on here at this time in the morning.if you get a cure for this please E-Mail me with info as being like this really gets me down Good Luck.