Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

HI all my first years first class insurance has just run out and i am looking at renewing. I was with The Thai Setakij last year and paid about 8,500 for 180,000 cover which was sorted out from the dealer where i got the bike from. I have been in touch with then and they say they no longer do insurance for bi bike and have recommended AR which is 12,891 and only covers 160,000. Have any of come come across any better deal.

Thanks Kev

Versys first class from Kawa dealer was 14k?! I suppose too many people crashing their big bikes.... let us know when/if you find anything, I am going to look for alternatives next year too.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 14K isn't bad. My ER6n is 2 years old now and when I first got it the insurance was 12K. I don't have a policy with Falcon and it covers a higher value for the bike. A value of 160K for a bike which was 245K new is a bit shoddy, that's 65% of its original value.

6k with Falcon via the dealer in pattaya. 160k covered :jap: :jap:

Is that first class? Was that recently? And whats the deductible and coverage? Thx!

The quotes i saw at Kawa cm were for er6n, ninja, and versys, from falcon and another one, started at 12.5k or so first class for he er6n and a bit more for the ninja/versys. All first class with pretty decent coverage but 5k deductible.

At the end of 2009 i got a first class faclon for the er6n for 7k that covered 180k on the bike including theft...

Edited by nikster

Considering getting a ninja 650 screen and mounting it on my er6n. I had a Puig screen but all it seemed to do was funnel the air up to my helmet, so going at 120 would make me feel like my helmet was about to come off. But having no screen makes riding the bike at speed like riding a bull.

Anyone in CM know of a place that could fabricate a mount for me?

Or anyone else have any other suggestions?

HI, Is somebody know a shop who can paint the Er6n body parts for a resonable price?

also what would be teh best shop for accesories as mirors and exhaust? Thank you very much!

Here is a shop I have used and would recommend for quality re-sprays at reasonable prices.

AP Performance:

map.jpg

พิกัด GPS ครับ 13.83012, 100.60481

email: [email protected]

Phone: 086-380-8191 086-899-6999

6k with Falcon via the dealer in pattaya. 160k covered :jap: :jap:

Norman. did they offer you this straight off??

Mine is due for renewal, went in last Saturday, but was told the insurance company was closed for the weekend, though the staff in the Kawasaki shop did telephone them, I spoke with a lady named Goy, who told me the renewal cost would be around 6k, so went in on Tuesday to finalise this and was then told that the original insurance company had gone out of business and that the renewal cost would be close to 14k.

So, just wondering if it is a case of having to push for the Falcon one, as the dealer's commission for the 14k version is obviously better than the 6k Falcon version?

Anyone know if the Falcon Insurance is available through any other brokers in the Pattaya area??

Thank you very much Tony. Will contact them!

FYI I've heard that 3M stickers is the way to go now - cheaper, faster, and better than paint.

Hi heared that it is very costly. How do you install them? Teh famous one is to get black "mat" paint right?

FYI I've heard that 3M stickers is the way to go now - cheaper, faster, and better than paint.

Ninja 650R, 4k to have all parts sprayed in pearl white (pearl white is expensive) in Phuket. Anuphas in kathu. Brilliant job, absolutely perfect. kwaker stickers (kwasaki, ABS and Ninja) 900 baht in addition

Can we get Falcon insurance here in Phuket? Mine insurance is running out next week, and TSI are not doing motorcycle insurance anymore..

btw, I tried to call Falcon but I gave up after 18 minutes of waiting.

Edited by dollarman

Can we get Falcon insurance here in Phuket? Mine insurance is running out next week, and TSI are not doing motorcycle insurance anymore..

My first Ninja650 had Falcon. It was cheaper than the Viriyah I have on the 2nd Ninja650 now. (I guess because this bike is financed I had to use Viriyah? They suck BTW. Had to fight with them to cover only half of the damages to my bike when I fell over in my steep driveway.)

Try calling Pongsak, manager at Kawasaki Phuket. He will know. Best to have a translator. 089 873 3878.

My first Ninja650 had Falcon. It was cheaper than the Viriyah I have on the 2nd Ninja650 now. (I guess because this bike is financed I had to use Viriyah? They suck BTW. Had to fight with them to cover only half of the damages to my bike when I fell over in my steep driveway.)

Try calling Pongsak, manager at Kawasaki Phuket. He will know. Best to have a translator. 089 873 3878.

Last time I spoke with Pongsak about insurance, he wasnt keen on Falcon as they dont give him any comision. I recieved a quote for second year from Falcon at 6200 baht as I recall, but gave up after calling them for 20 times or so. Bike needed to be inspected and photographed (by Pongsak).

Suggest finding an Insurance with actual Phuket office

Ninja 650R, 4k to have all parts sprayed in pearl white (pearl white is expensive) in Phuket. Anuphas in kathu. Brilliant job, absolutely perfect. kwaker stickers (kwasaki, ABS and Ninja) 900 baht in addition

Jeez, that's cheap. 4k baht.. wow.

I actually payed only 2k baht, as i chose to buy all parts new in pearl white, except for fuel tank and 2 very small covers for passenger handrail. 2k was spraying fuel tank and 2 tiny plastics without providing them with proper color code, so they had to find the color themself (from one of the new parts). Amazing quality, parts in on monday, pickup on friday

I had quotes up to 12k baht for same job :rolleyes:

I actually payed only 2k baht, as i chose to buy all parts new in pearl white, except for fuel tank and 2 very small covers for passenger handrail. 2k was spraying fuel tank and 2 tiny plastics without providing them with proper color code, so they had to find the color themself (from one of the new parts). Amazing quality, parts in on monday, pickup on friday

I had quotes up to 12k baht for same job :rolleyes:

Ah, that explains it! Because 4000 Baht wouldn't even cover the cost of the paint to do a complete re-spray on a 650R.

Ah, that explains it! Because 4000 Baht wouldn't even cover the cost of the paint to do a complete re-spray on a 650R.

sorry if I wasnt clear

4k baht is what this shop wanted to respray all parts on Ninja 650. other shops wanted up to 12k baht

2k is what I payed to have resprayed tank and 2 plastic parts. included 7% vat.

sorry if I wasnt clear

4k baht is what this shop wanted to respray all parts on Ninja 650. other shops wanted up to 12k baht

2k is what I payed to have resprayed tank and 2 plastic parts. included 7% vat.

Wow, wonder where they get their paint... That's crazy-cheap!

Well I ended up using Falcon to insure the bike as there is no real choice out there now.

This was purchased via the Kawasaki shop.

Cost was as follows:

1st Class Insurance - 13,000 THB

Government Insurance - 1,200 THB (this is more than a car???)

Road Tax - 250 THB (the extra is for the shop to go and do)

Falcon did ring me up in response to an email query I'd sent them, they explained why the costs are now higher, as basically they have a MOU with Mityon to insure the bigger Kawasaki bikes and this works on the number of bikes insured, every time a claim is made, then it affects all bikes insured in this consortium.

Seems there are a lot of claims, hence the higher prices.

A friend of mine works for a very reputable commercial insurance brokers in Bangkok, he also owns an ER6N and he had his staff checking all over to put together a more competitive package together, the best they could get is 21,000 THB................

Seems we are all stuck with Falcon for the time being.

One thing to note if you are due to re-insure, get this done early, they need to see the bike, or at least photos of the engine number, frame number and full view of the bike, both sides and front and rear.

Well I ended up using Falcon to insure the bike as there is no real choice out there now.

This was purchased via the Kawasaki shop.

Cost was as follows:

1st Class Insurance - 13,000 THB

Government Insurance - 1,200 THB (this is more than a car???)

Road Tax - 250 THB (the extra is for the shop to go and do)

Falcon did ring me up in response to an email query I'd sent them, they explained why the costs are now higher, as basically they have a MOU with Mityon to insure the bigger Kawasaki bikes and this works on the number of bikes insured, every time a claim is made, then it affects all bikes insured in this consortium.

Seems there are a lot of claims, hence the higher prices.

A friend of mine works for a very reputable commercial insurance brokers in Bangkok, he also owns an ER6N and he had his staff checking all over to put together a more competitive package together, the best they could get is 21,000 THB................

Seems we are all stuck with Falcon for the time being.

One thing to note if you are due to re-insure, get this done early, they need to see the bike, or at least photos of the engine number, frame number and full view of the bike, both sides and front and rear.

Yeh last time I renwed I had to take photos from all sides. B)

I am looking for red YSS skocks for ny ER6n in Pattaya. Any idea? The Kawa shop only has way ugly violet ones and they need 2 weeks to order!!! Any good mailorder shop? What a reasonable price for the shocks?

Cheers

I am looking for red YSS skocks for ny ER6n in Pattaya. Any idea? The Kawa shop only has way ugly violet ones and they need 2 weeks to order!!! Any good mailorder shop? What a reasonable price for the shocks?

Cheers

About 12k Baht if you order direct from YSS. Google for contact info. Ride On, T

Cheers

About 12k Baht if you order direct from YSS. Google for contact info. Ride On, T

Hiya

Seems they don't have a webshop. I have part no. though but there is no information on price, payment, colors etc.

Nobody in Pattaya except for Kawa/Mityon on Sukhumvit?

Cheers