Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

Any opinions on the best aftermarket exhaust for the Er6?

The three options I'm looking at are the Akrapovic, Two Brothers and Leo Vince... prices are all pretty similar.

Any poinions/experience?

(This thread has got so big, it's impossible to find anything... should have an Er6 subForum!!!)

Cheers.

If you want people to 'kee tag' as you go past get the Two Bros! cool.gif

Great, thanks, but I'm more interested in performance than sound.

(I have a set of 3" 2 into 1 sideburners on my Vulcan, and that set's off the neighbour's car alarms... I don't need my weekday ride to be obnoxious as well!)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any opinions on the best aftermarket exhaust for the Er6?

The three options I'm looking at are the Akrapovic, Two Brothers and Leo Vince... prices are all pretty similar.

Any poinions/experience?

(This thread has got so big, it's impossible to find anything... should have an Er6 subForum!!!)

Cheers.

If you want people to 'kee tag' as you go past get the Two Bros! cool.gif

Great, thanks, but I'm more interested in performance than sound.

(I have a set of 3" 2 into 1 sideburners on my Vulcan, and that set's off the neighbour's car alarms... I don't need my weekday ride to be obnoxious as well!)

If i am recalling right the akrapovic is one of the best in terms of performance

open

stock - akrapovic - Max. increased power

Max. rear wheel power (HP / rpm) 69.8 / 8730 - 72.3 / 8970 - 5.2 /5280

ec approved

stock - akrapovic - Max. increased power

Max. rear wheel power (HP / rpm) 69.8 / 8730 - 72.0 / 8900 - 4 / 5440

Edited by Hili

Being on my Ninja now for a few days, my riding will be fast as I can go... Have touched 200kmph quite a few times now, but I feel that I like 170kmph more during day...

Fast is good, faster is better, but the standard tires are not the best in a slightly wet weather!!!

So you went for the Ninja! Welcome to the club.

Sounds like your taking it nice and easy to start off ...laugh.gif

Yep... Still running her inn, the problem is that she is too slow up to 200... but 160 is fast and fun... lots of short bursts in there, to keep the engine at different revs all the time...

I will only keep her for a few years, I think that 2 years is enough on that bike... then something bigger again :-0

but my good she is sweet...

Thanks for the welcome...

Until I read this topic, I never considered the ER6N...

My last Bike in Thailand was an old CBR 954 RR , but we couldnt get the papers transferred, so returned it back to the seller a month and a bit, later. It was a bit too much bike for going to work and back. Weekends, thats another story :)

Being a racer in my younger days, its been a tough decision, so thanks guys, I will give this bike a whirl

Edited by MarceloRune

Yep... Still running her inn, the problem is that she is too slow up to 200... but 160 is fast and fun... lots of short bursts in there, to keep the engine at different revs all the time...

I will only keep her for a few years, I think that 2 years is enough on that bike... then something bigger again :-0

but my good she is sweet...

Thanks for the welcome...

Pull the baffles out of the airbox, lose the stock exhaust and add a fuel injection controller and she'll pull to 200 easy and top out around 220 with stock gearing :)

thanks for that BigBikeBKK... I will do that later if I do not learn how to stop speeding...

It seems like the ninja has a problem of going slower than 150 with me on it... I do like speed but sometimes, rather often i come home and call myself stupid... (no tracks down here)...

Tony, just because i am curious, why did you pick the er6n as a track day weapon and not the ninja?

cant see that the er6n is very comfortable at the speeds i ride- over 140... Short distance yes, long sessions, i dont know...

Anyone know where i could get quality rear sets for the ER6N here in thailand..thx

Have you checked the ThaiVisa classifieds? :)

Ride On!

Tony

dsc0878ndSSR.jpg

Yep, you dont have them listed , not for me for a german friend

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/automotives-vehicles/motorcycles/kawasaki-ninja-650r-er6n-adjustable-aluminum-race-rearsets-123142.html

:jap:

thanks for that BigBikeBKK... I will do that later if I do not learn how to stop speeding...

It seems like the ninja has a problem of going slower than 150 with me on it... I do like speed but sometimes, rather often i come home and call myself stupid... (no tracks down here)...

Tony, just because i am curious, why did you pick the er6n as a track day weapon and not the ninja?

cant see that the er6n is very comfortable at the speeds i ride- over 140... Short distance yes, long sessions, i dont know...

I wouldn't describe the ER6 as a "track weapon", more like a "track toy" ;)

I prefer naked because none of the tracks in Thailand are fast enough to really warrant full fairings IMO and...

motivator2710661qa1.jpg

Ride On!

T

I don't have enough time to enjoy my Versys to it's full potential but don't want to be without a bike altogether so seeing if anyone would like to swap their ER6n (possibly ER6f) + cash for my Versys? It is 8 months old with 5300kms, in excellent condition with the following upgrades & accessories

Pirelli Scorpion Trail tyres (only 2500kms on them)

Leo Vince Titanium exhaust (will put that on the er6 if still has stock exhaust)

GiPro Gear Indicator

Givi Touring screen

Handguards

Engine Guard

EBC HH brake pads front & rear

New JT rear Sprocket & X-Ring chain (both gold colour)

Motowerks lowered footpegs

Wheelrim tape.

If anyone is interested and has a bike with similar low KM's and also in excellent condition please PM me.

Just a quick update, i found this website http://motoroids.com...india-er6n.html and towards the bottom of the page there's a picture of a French motorbike magazine.

I'm not too sure about how authentic this magazine is but i didn't see this article during my desperate searches for 2012's revisions over the past 2 months, so it must be a recent publication.

The bike pictured looks stunning with it's split seats, Versys swingarm and exhaust and i'm all the more exited and pleased that i waited for the new model. :)

If these changes come to fruition then as said by the author, similar changes should be shared with the F version too.

Sorry to duplicate my post from the 2012 Ninja 650 thread, just though both threads might take an interest in this. :)

Just a quick update, i found this website http://motoroids.com...india-er6n.html and towards the bottom of the page there's a picture of a French motorbike magazine.

I'm not too sure about how authentic this magazine is but i didn't see this article during my desperate searches for 2012's revisions over the past 2 months, so it must be a recent publication.

The bike pictured looks stunning with it's split seats, Versys swingarm and exhaust and i'm all the more exited and pleased that i waited for the new model. :)

If these changes come to fruition then as said by the author, similar changes should be shared with the F version too.

Sorry to duplicate my post from the 2012 Ninja 650 thread, just though both threads might take an interest in this. :)

Looks great, I hope that's an authentic pic - if not maybe Kawasaki should be hiring the photoshopper.

3 years now since the last update so I'm pretty hopeful that we'll get a new model and if it looks like that I'd be really tempted to trade in the Ninjette.

Sorry but the Moto Revue ER6 pic is a photoshop hack:

sommaire_2549_zoom.jpg

They've spliced in some parts from a Versys and a Z1000 / Ninja 1000.

It would almost have been convincing had they not forgotten to include a right front foot peg when they slapped on that goofy looking exhaust! :lol:

In other news, 2012 Versys is unchanged but the new model will be available in YELLOW with Black tank- looks dam_n sharp but I wasn't allowed to take a picture of it.

Ride On!

Tony

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Stock-

IMG_2253SSR.jpg

Dropped-

IMG_2254SSR.jpg

Measured-

IMG_2255SSR.jpg

Clipped-

IMG_2258SSR.jpg

Ready to roll!

IMG_2259SSR.jpg

Ride On!

Tony

523IMG_0939SSR.jpg __________________

2006 GSXR 1000 aka "The BEAST"

2009 Kawasaki ER6n "RR" biggrin.gif

2010 Lime Green Ninja 650R!- SOLD :-(

2011 Versys has arrived! cool.gif

How does it handle with the triples so low? i was thinking about doing that so I could put clip-ons on my 650r but was worried about making it too twitchy. Also I noticed in the last picture you have them below the top triple. Which one did you do first and what was better?

Have just changed handles bars from sports to stock. Much more comfortable for long, occasionally heavy traffic commutes. Less weight on the arms and core - more upright.

Still got the sports bars if any wants em!

Ninja650RPearlWhiteSportBars3SSR.jpg

^Hope you don't mind Tony, this photo appears on first page of Google.

Next supernaked race is Oct 15-16th, I'm undecided if I'll race supernaked again. Might just race superstreet next time or maybe both depending on how much of a break between races.

Superbike race this weekend at BIRA, luke is coming down on Friday for practice, you should join us.

so, after getting up to 1000km i took the bike to the kawasaki dealer where i bought it... They told me that they could not do the 1st service. They would have to send the bike to Surat Thani (1 day up and back the next day)... They also quoted me high numbers for a service...

could anyone give me a ballpark figure on how much the 1st service should be? I refuse to believe it is more than a few thousand (think the guy was talking out of his a-hole)...

I will ride the bike ti surat myself on monday, that way i will have it done by people who knows more!

No complaint about the bike, but the shop where i bought it- not happy!!!

so, after getting up to 1000km i took the bike to the kawasaki dealer where i bought it... They told me that they could not do the 1st service. They would have to send the bike to Surat Thani (1 day up and back the next day)... They also quoted me high numbers for a service...

could anyone give me a ballpark figure on how much the 1st service should be? I refuse to believe it is more than a few thousand (think the guy was talking out of his a-hole)...

I will ride the bike ti surat myself on monday, that way i will have it done by people who knows more!

Correct me if i'm wrong but shouldn't a half decent dealer do the first service for free, or least just pay for the parts (oil, filter and a few adjustments) In my opinion and depending on the oil used it shouldn't cost any more than 1500baht MAX!

Probably wise to take it to the main dealer, some limited big bike training is better than none!

Can't remember exactly but the 1000km service on my Versys was around 800baht...150baht per litre of Shell AX7 oil, 350baht for the oil filter and 150baht labour.

But don't you have a Ninja Snowflake, what you doing in the er6n thread? ;)

1.000km service is

2 liter oil 300 baht

oil filter 350 baht

labour 100-300 baht

make sure they note it in your service book, and take the warranty 1.000km-slip and send it to kwaker bkk. If not warranty lost

^^ that's right. Several thousand is certainly taking the piss...