Coral Reef Squadron

smartecosse

Took the opportunity this morning to take a longtail out to the newly sunk planes and helicopters in Bang Tao.

Apart from the well discussed point of just how an unsuitable location it is it was actually quite a fun dive and something different.

The wrecks havent been cleaned that well, there are quite a lot of "torn" edges that are easy to avoid now but will no doubt causes some cuts and scrapes once they are a little "furred" over.

Plenty of fish life already there including a seahorse about 1 cm in size. Apart from the wrecks themselves its just sand, they are all sitting at about 21 meters at the bottom except the southern most one which is about 15m backing onto a small "rubble" reef.

If you want to see some pictures they are here and there is a couple of short / low qual video clips here

That looks very cool, I'm sure they will be teaming with life in a couple of years. Should get some nice cobia dropping buy as well as GT and Snapper, grouper too probably.

Were these planes planted by the FSF, for sea foundation? I saw them at the last dive expo and made a pretty healthy donation as well as buying a load of shirts and stuff.

Very nice crowd, and sponsored by a Thai actress as well if I remember right, who was also very nice to chat to.