Anyone Else Get An Sms From The New Mp Today?

Boater

(BangkokPost.com) - Newly-elected Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva sent short messages via service operators, introducing himself and vowing to lead the country out of crises.

"I am the new prime minister, and I would like to lead Thailand out of crises. If you are interested, please contact me by sending your postal code back to this number," said the message.

Meanwhile, executives of Democrat party had a meeting at party headquarters this morning.

The new government, under the lead of Democrat party, is expected to deliver policy statement to the Parliament before New Year.

i got the message from the sender Your_PM ... but the message was in Thai so took no notice untill i read it in the BKK Post as above...

but 2 things struck me

1) Should it not be telephone number instead of Postcode

2) Have my service provider ' True ' not broken any laws by allowing ' Spamming ' of the MP to my number???

as mine is AIS, suffice to say I don't expect alot of spam from the current administration.

funny, after posting this, I have now recieved the same SMS from "your PM", I guess he is mine afterall PB, forget what that other guy said in the other thread.

On the nation website...

PM's SMS might violate privacy: consumer advocate

By The Nation

Saree said under the telcommunication law, mobile phone operators are banned from releasing the list of subscribers without their consent.

She said Abhisit should opt to keep contacts with the people via television and other public communication outlets in order to avoid infringing on the consumer's right.

The Democrat Party should not place financial burden on mobile phone users, she said.

Democrat MP Korn Chatikavanij, tipped to become the finance minister, asked every mobile phone operator to transmit a text message to subscribers on Thursday.

The message read, " I am your new PM committed to lead Thailand out of the crisis. If you are interested to receive my messages, please send your five-digit postal code to telephone No 9191 (Bt3 standard rate applies)". It was signed "Your PM".

Saree said under the telcommunication law, mobile phone operators are banned from releasing the list of subscribers without their consent.

She said Abhisit should opt to keep contacts with the people via television and other public communication outlets in order to avoid infringing on the consumer's right.

The operators did not release their lists of subscribers to the PM. He, or more likely his office, sent the message to the operators and they sent them on a blanket distribution to one and all.

Next thing khun Saree will be telling us he personally and individually sent every one of those messages. :o

If anything the operators are guilty of spamming their subscribers. Yeah, right sue them. :D

The operators did not release their lists of subscribers to the PM. He, or more likely his office, sent the message to the operators and they sent them on a blanket distribution to one and all.

Next thing khun Saree will be telling us he personally and individually sent every one of those messages. :o

If anything the operators are guilty of spamming their subscribers. Yeah, right sue them. :D

Stupid isn't she, can't believe the nation covers this. it states that MP Korn instructed (paid) to have a message sent out to subscribers, no different than the other junk mail sms' i get.

I complained to DTAC years ago about spam messages, surprisingly I have never had another since, including of course the PM message.
I used to receive a lot of Spam Messages from DTAC, I complained and they ceased forthwith.

Can one of you guys say how you got DTAC to stop sending the spam? Is there a special number to call?

Thanks if you can help.

I have to put my mobile on 'quiet' at night so I don't get woken up by unwanted spam in the morning. Trouble is, I miss real messages. Very frustrating.

I complained to DTAC years ago about spam messages, surprisingly I have never had another since, including of course the PM message.
I used to receive a lot of Spam Messages from DTAC, I complained and they ceased forthwith.

Can one of you guys say how you got DTAC to stop sending the spam? Is there a special number to call?

Thanks if you can help.

I have to put my mobile on 'quiet' at night so I don't get woken up by unwanted spam in the morning. Trouble is, I miss real messages. Very frustrating.

Give me your number and I'll let you know how. :o

"I am the new prime minister, and I would like to lead Thailand out of crises."

This is how it should go:

I am the new prime minister, and I would like to lead Thailand out of crises caused by myself (when sending my Party member to protest with PAD) and my side (you're not allowed to discuss this).

Did MP Korn pay out of his pocket or will the bill come out of the tax I am paying to this government?

Stupid isn't she, can't believe the nation covers this. it states that MP Korn instructed (paid) to have a message sent out to subscribers, no different than the other junk mail sms' i get.

First thing for him to do to lead Thailand out of crisis is to dissolve the House. We'll have a new election. Fair to everybody.

Or lets say 3 month government to sign the most important things and let the other parties time, triple the money and personal they have and let vote again....Fair.

Samgrowth i take it you are Thai then.

what he did is no different than many companies do. Market research

admittedly it is a bit strange with out releasing the details first, so people can get a better idea of what he had in mind.

But i really don't see how it infringes your privacy.

Koo82 i don't think he 'sent' any one to the 'pad' rallies and 'caused by myself' it was Thaksin's dissolution of the government that got us here or have you all forgotten, and the Thai peoples ability to follow a leader ANY leader (even Sondhi who is as power hungry as Thaksin is/was)as long as they don't think much them selves. but i do think he (Abhisit) believes in a Democracy and form of government that has NEVER been seen before in Thailand, more like most of the European countries and the UK.

Give the guy a chance. because quite frankly there ain't anything else to choose from.

Allan

Edited by thaicbr

Koo82 i don't think he 'sent' any one to the 'pad' rallies and 'caused by myself' it was Thaksin's dissolution of the government that got us here or have you all forgotten, and the Thai peoples ability to follow a leader ANY leader (even Sondhi who is as power hungry as Thaksin is/was)as long as they don't think much them selves. but i do think he (Abhisit) believes in a Democracy and form of government that has NEVER been seen before in Thailand, more like most of the European countries and the UK.

Give the guy a chance. because quite frankly there ain't anything else to choose from.

I won't give him a chance because he did not come up by election but by tricks.

How could he let his Sor Sor member Somkiat Pongpaiboon go with PAD to block airports like that? Blocking Government House was already wrong.

No chance for him to be PM. The message to all Thai boys now is: if you quit military service now, you'll become prime minister in the future.

Koo82 'tricks' the other parties were dissolved due to them breaking the law and vote buying.

'how could he let' thats an easy one he believes in a democracy not a dictatorship.

message to Thai boys. mate most Thai boys dodge conscription now by doing army cadets at school. and as he was abroad at the time studying. he did his when he came back by an arrangement that he taught at Chula military academy.

If you can think of a better person to lead Thailand at the current time please say. the world is in recession and because of the PAD'S stupid actions Thailand is as well. I do not agree with the PAD'S action over the last 3 months or so. as i have stated i believe Sondhi is no better than Thaksin in the sense that he is power mad. but unless you want Thailand to be with out a government again and have the millions of baht spent on a meaningless election that could be spent propping up the country. then you have to give him a chance........

Regards Allan