Laos Visa In Nakhon Sawan?

Hey everyone,

I am planning my Vientiane visa run and was wondering if there someplace in Nakhon Sawan that I can get a Laos visa. (Travel Agent/Company) I'd like to save time by getting the visa before I go but I would rather not make a trip down to Bangkok. I've been searching for a place the past couple of days but have had no luck. Only found one place near the bus station, but there was only a very old women sleeping inside. She didn't know if they did it or not.

If of course there is no reason to get my Laos visa now, and just get it when I arrive, please let me know!

Thanks for the help!

Hey everyone,

I am planning my Vientiane visa run and was wondering if there someplace in Nakhon Sawan that I can get a Laos visa. (Travel Agent/Company) I'd like to save time by getting the visa before I go but I would rather not make a trip down to Bangkok. I've been searching for a place the past couple of days but have had no luck. Only found one place near the bus station, but there was only a very old women sleeping inside. She didn't know if they did it or not.

If of course there is no reason to get my Laos visa now, and just get it when I arrive, please let me know!

Thanks for the help!

You're going to have to wait someplace for a Lao visa, either at the Embassy in Bangkok, at Khon Kaen, their only consulate in Thailand, or at Thanaleng, on the Lao side of the bridge from Nong Khai where you get a Visa On Arrival.

Might as well just get it there at the Lao end of the bridge. I got mine on Sunday 7 Dec in about 10 minutes, no crowd. Of course, does take longer if you arrive right after a bus load of tourists but that's the breaks of the game.

Mac

I've been in lao for some years now and have often read on this forum of people "paying" others to either sort out or even do the visa run for them. In the latter case people have been really caught out, causing unnessessary grief.

Visas obtained at lao embassies used to have the bonus of getting one whole month, (instead of the 2 weeks you used to get on arrival) but that's changed and you'll get a month on arrival.

Just go to the friendship bridge and do it yourself, they are a lot quicker these days too. Don't forget passport photos x2 and have the cash in US dollars.

All sorts of grim practises spring from either people being unaware of how to do things themselves or just laziness. RUN YOUR OWN PAPERS.

No disrespect meant to the OP, just something I feel strongly about.

:o