Non-imm B In Hanoi

Greetings,

I will be changing my job so my extension of stay based on my work permit will be cancelled. I will be starting another job and I need to get a new Non-Imm B visa from outside Thailand (my original Non-Imm B is now several years old and I am on an extension of stay connected to my work permit)

I selected the Thai Embassy in Hanoi, but after doing some research on this site, I am concerned that I may have a problem.

I do have a current work permit and it will not expire for about 6 months, but the new Non-Imm B visa that I need will have nothing to do with my current work permit. From other posts, it seems that the Hanoi Embassy is only willing to give out Non-Imm B visas to current work permit holders.

Does anyone have any recent experiences or can they give any suggestions about how I can get the Non-Imm B in Hanoi?

Thank you.

• Like 1

If on an extension of stay, the day your job ends is the day your WP and permission of stay expire.

If you are on good terms with your currrent employer and you still have some time that you will be working for him ask him to agree to put your new employer on your current WP. You will briefly have 2 employers (you could ask for unpaid leave for 2 months) and when the old employer finaly cancels the contract you still have a WP (now only based on your new employer) and your extension of stay.

Mario2008,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately adding my new position to my current WP is not an option.

Can anyone provide any other recommendations or clarifications about how I can obtain a Non-Imm B visa in Hanoi? Does anyone have any experience trying to get a Non-Imm B in Hanoi? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi,

I received a non Imm B from Hanoi back in October, very nice young chap who works in there. Filled out my application wrong and he just said scribble it out and write this, that and this.... I gave him my current W.P as the company I worked for hadn't had time to get my extension of stay sorted as their docs weren't in order (hence the reason I had to get a new B visa). He didn't ask for this though I just offered it him.

I'm sure he will be aware of the fact that you need a non Imm B to obtain a new W.P as long as you show an offer of work letter and relevent comp docs asking to give you the visa to obtain a W.P can't see any problem...

Good luck.