Dog Catchers In Phuket?

steelepulse

Its quite simple!

Give what ever treatment there is that will prevent the stray dogs from breeding.

STOP crazy farrang man, standing and feeding the dogs in the middle of the road on blind corners!

F1fanatic - I dont think the problem is the amount of dangerous dogs, but the fact that there are so many of them. Its definatlety an issue that needs to be addressed on the south side of the island.

The stray dogs here do not choose to be homeless, hungry and alone as a 'lifestyle'. They have no option thanks to the various idiotic people who gave them no choice.

The number of 'dangerous' dogs on Phuket is so small to be infinitesimal, but the rabid anti-dog mob is incredibly large.

How many times do you people have to be given the numbers to 'phone'?

Once again, the Soi Dog number is 087 0508688.

Those dogs have NOTHING, but if it makes you feel better hating them then - great, good on you. If there's a next life you'll come back as a dog, if you're a christian - you think you'll get into heaven?? Try EMPATHY, or if you're incapable of that try using your brain for a change.

F1

YOU need to get a life, i don’t think any people here say they hate dogs, i like dogs. but i still mean that you don’t help them just to go around in a car feed them and then take off again, this will just bring more dogs to that area.

So maybe you should go out and help the dogs, not just feed them.

The stray dogs here do not choose to be homeless, hungry and alone as a 'lifestyle'. They have no option thanks to the various idiotic people who gave them no choice.

The number of 'dangerous' dogs on Phuket is so small to be infinitesimal, but the rabid anti-dog mob is incredibly large.

Those dogs have NOTHING, but if it makes you feel better hating them then - great, good on you. If there's a next life you'll come back as a dog, if you're a christian - you think you'll get into heaven?? Try EMPATHY, or if you're incapable of that try using your brain for a change.

I wonder if you would feel the same way if you, or a friend was injured in a road accident caused by a stray dog running out into the road.

Try EMPATHY, or if you're incapable of that try using your brain for a change.

I completely disagree here, and F1 if you could use your brain, there is a difference between a dog with no owner, a dog that has a pea brain owner that does not train or control the animal, and a dog with a conscientious owner that trains the animal and has it under control.

I had the experience yesterday with #2 above. An Italian couple had their litle chiuaua type dog on the beach. All of a sudden they let it run loose and the thing went nuts, jumped on the head of the gal laying down next to me, and then came full speed at me.

I swatted the thing like the little flea it was and it came back at me and got a swift kick. The Italian lady screamed at me "it's just a little dog", still not reason enough to allow the dog to go run amok and let it jump on people.

Later a guy with a pit bull mix pulled up next to me and chatted with some people. He told the dog to sit down (it did), stay (it did) and he went for a swim and the animal was perfectly behaved.

As far as the stray non-owner dogs, come low season (June) and animal control guy comes down when no one is around and shoots them, throws the carcasses in the back of a truck.

Just can't do it while F1 types are around during high season.

I had the experience yesterday with #2 above. An Italian couple had their litle chiuaua type dog on the beach. All of a sudden they let it run loose and the thing went nuts, jumped on the head of the gal laying down next to me, and then came full speed at me.

These are Italians I referred to in my earlier post.When the signs banning dogs first went up a few weeks ago I didn't know if they had seen them so I told them about the fine ect just being helpful i thought but the look they gave me you would have thought I had insulted their mother.So xxxx em I hope they do get a fine

Saw that pit bull as well.It dragged it's owner past me at about 20 m.p.h

Just heard that it cost a fine of 1000 bath to take your dog to Nai Harn Beach in Day light hours.

My nabo works for a animal organisation with support from US, who for free or for a donation helps animals or if to sick give them a finish injection.

2-3 yrs ago in Patong the tesseban came around and dropped off huge piles of poisoned dog food in various locations in the Nanai area. Our landlord's dog got into it and nearly died, luckily was saved by the local vet at the last min. One of our neighbors was heard shrieking when she found her poodle in a garbage bag filled with dead dogs that was dropped off with several other bag-fulls of carcasses in the garbage dump at the end of Nanai 2.

There weren't so many strays around for a while, but it sounds like it might be time for another round. Dog owners beware and keep tabs on your dog!!

but the rabid anti-dog mob is incredibly large.......

also, to end the point here, I am not anti-dog. I love dogs and have raised two myself, two trained dogs.

What I am anti, is aggressive strays, and idiot/impolite owners.

The Italian couple at Nai Hairn, did not apologize to the lady next to me when their dog jumped on her head and startled her. The least they could have done was say "sorry about that".

Thus the swift kick from me. Had to teach both dog and owners some manners.

Try EMPATHY, or if you're incapable of that try using your brain for a change.

I completely disagree here, and F1 if you could use your brain, there is a difference between a dog with no owner, a dog that has a pea brain owner that does not train or control the animal, and a dog with a conscientious owner that trains the animal and has it under control.

I swatted the thing like the little flea it was and it came back at me and got a swift kick. The Italian lady screamed at me "it's just a little dog", still not reason enough to allow the dog to go run amok and let it jump on people.

Later a guy with a pit bull mix pulled up next to me and chatted with some people. He told the dog to sit down (it did), stay (it did) and he went for a swim and the animal was perfectly behaved.

As far as the stray non-owner dogs, come low season (June) and animal control guy comes down when no one is around and shoots them, throws the carcasses in the back of a truck.

Just can't do it while F1 types are around during high season.

We're talking about soi dogs here, i.e. dogs with no family (owners). I have no problem with uncontrolled dogs being kicked when they're misbehaving.

I go back to my original point that 99% of soi dogs here are frightened and run when any stranger comes by.

If a friend of mine was hurt by a stray dog running out on the road, I'd blame the friend, I drive VERY slowly and carefullly because I know there are so many stray dogs who will wander into the road at any time.

As for the person with no conscience at all who was talking about the poisoning of dogs as if it was O.K.! - If you think these dogs need to be removed from the streets (and I agree, they do), help out the Soi Dog organisation who are sterilising them to reduce the problem.

Unfortunately, (suprise, suprise) they don't have enough money to REALLY tackle the problem. Don't complain or blame the dogs who have no home and no life, support the organisation who can really do something to help.

F1

YOU need to get a life, i don't think any people here say they hate dogs, i like dogs. but i still mean that you don't help them just to go around in a car feed them and then take off again, this will just bring more dogs to that area.

So maybe you should go out and help the dogs, not just feed them.

Sorry, missed this point, but can I say again, help the Soi Dog organisation by giving money (or other ways), so they can sterilise the soi dogs.

Anyone who can not feed a starving dog (as a temporary measure) is beyond redemption. As I said before, if you're christian you won't go to heaven and if you're buddhist, you'll come back as a soi dog!!

I go back to my original point that 99% of soi dogs here are frightened and run when any stranger comes by.

Yes, generally..........until they start roaming in packs (just like on the beaches).

If a friend of mine was hurt by a stray dog running out on the road, I'd blame the friend, I drive VERY slowly and carefullly because I know there are so many stray dogs who will wander into the road at any time.

Yeah.....right!

It doesn't matter how slow you're going. The motorbike accident rarely kills.......it's the tail-gating pick-up truck behind you that runs you over.

As for the person with no conscience at all who was talking about the poisoning of dogs as if it was O.K.! - If you think these dogs need to be removed from the streets (and I agree, they do), help out the Soi Dog organisation who are sterilising them to reduce the problem.

All kudos to the Soi Dog Foundation, well......at least for effort.

They've been here years and the difference they've made is a drop in the ocean. In other words; nothing.

Don't complain or blame the dogs who have no home and no life, support the organisation who can really do something to help.

Blame is beside the point. It won't get rid of the problem. Sterilization hasn't worked either.

Yes, generally..........until they start roaming in packs (just like on the beaches).

Yeah.....right!

It doesn't matter how slow you're going. The motorbike accident rarely kills.......it's the tail-gating pick-up truck behind you that runs you over.

All kudos to the Soi Dog Foundation, well......at least for effort.

They've been here years and the difference they've made is a drop in the ocean. In other words; nothing.

Don't complain or blame the dogs who have no home and no life, support the organisation who can really do something to help.

Blame is beside the point. It won't get rid of the problem. Sterilization hasn't worked either.

I've never been attacked by a soi dog, or anything close. The Thai dogs are far softer than those in the West.

Of course Soi Dogs haven't been able to sort out the problem, they've got nothing like enough money to do so!

If you GENUINELY wish to reduce the number of soi dogs, then put your money where your mouth is, give money (lots) to Soi Dogs.

If they had enough money they could sterilize most of the soi dogs and stop the problem.

I'm willing to bet that those complaining here have given nothing to the only people trying to sort out the problem!

If you GENUINELY wish to reduce the number of soi dogs, then put your money where your mouth is, give money (lots) to Soi Dogs.

Or...........sponsor a cull :o

Yes, that's where the heartless bastard with no idea of what empathy means would do.

Personally, I think being a homo sapien means having empathy.

Other animals have the quality, but what excuse do we have for not having empathy?

Our excuse for being at the top of the food chain is that we're more intelligent. If we don't have empathy to go along with it....... we're psychopaths!