Australian Drug Smuggler Arrested At Suvarnabhumi

Jai Dee

The best way is giving him an overdose of his own heroine.

I can't believe I agree with you....

They should change the drug laws, if you get caught you have to consume 100% of what you are caught with, if you live lucky you you live another day, if not well to bad.

That would save a ton of money on the jails, or if executed it would save on the electric fee.

I can't believe I agree with you....

There must always be a first time, this only proves that miracles still happening once in a while :o

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is typical TV fashion ust put the guy down to hel_l and call him all the names under the sun..

Yes the guy is stupid and he will really regret this for the rest of his life but npobody knows the circumstances on why he did this, maybe the guy was on his arse and in so much desperation that he thought it was the only was to do this, or there again maybe not..

I recon a fair few of the slag emm off characters have probably had a dabble in their time so it doesnt really make them any better whether the dealer or taker.

This guys life is effectivly gone now, it isnt law that after a few you get a pardon...

I for one dont like to see the drug dealers get life it just aint right, life should be saved for the pedos, rapist and murderers not some poor mule who was probably gonna get a few g for his cut..

good luck mate, and i mean that

I do admire your compassion with the man.

But I think he was just an occasional smuggler who was looking for earning quick buck. the easy way. Professional organisations will never hide the heroine with a street value of 12 million baht in the stupid way he did.

Btw the way how he get the capital to purchase the heroine, looking by the picture he was dressed rather well. So maybe he was not such a poor man that he could took his daughter with him in Holiday and have the capital to buy the drugs

You wrote that rapist, pedo's and killers are worse then him, IMHO hes not better. How Many lives will be destroyed by his 3Kg of heroine, How Many fathers and mothers seeing their children lives destroyed by his heroine, how many people will get robbed and killed because of his heroine. No my friend he is in the same league as killers, rapist and pedo's.

Sorry I can't find any excuse, pitty or compassion for him.

This could possibly be one of the most stupid posts I have ever read. Now to apply your own theory to this 2008bangkok, you must be a pedo, rapist and murderer, that what you are saying, isnt it....because for all those that spoke against this fellow you said were dabbling in the drugs, now you've had a shot at pedo & rapists, so that makes you one??? That is silly, very silly.

Further to that you're saying that if someone is desperate, 'was on his arse' as you so put it then that makes it ok to be a drug dealer/mule whatever....thats very stupid. I guess in your world, when you're down and out....its acceptable to break the law. Well having locked up more than my fair share of scumbags I would say that its most likely that you are the one that has a few issues here? Sympathise with Drug Mule/Dealer for what?

Be careful who you call pedo on a open forum mate..

and if you read what i said dumbass i said they should save a life sentence for the really bad crimes.... doesnt make me one now does it..

You guys are not really going far enough in my opinion.

First he should be hanged, drawn and quartered the old fashioned way.

The body should then be cremated and the ashes flushed down the nearest drain.

Then all members of his family should be executed to ensure his gene pool is not allowed to continue.

The all close friends should be rounded up and arrested and locked up just in case they are of the same ilk.

Geez I feel better now i got that off my chest.

This could possibly be one of the most stupid posts I have ever read. Now to apply your own theory to this 2008bangkok, you must be a pedo, rapist and murderer, that what you are saying, isnt it....because for all those that spoke against this fellow you said were dabbling in the drugs, now you've had a shot at pedo & rapists, so that makes you one??? That is silly, very silly.

Further to that you're saying that if someone is desperate, 'was on his arse' as you so put it then that makes it ok to be a drug dealer/mule whatever....thats very stupid. I guess in your world, when you're down and out....its acceptable to break the law. Well having locked up more than my fair share of scumbags I would say that its most likely that you are the one that has a few issues here? Sympathise with Drug Mule/Dealer for what?

Be careful who you call pedo on a open forum mate..

and if you read what i said dumbass i said they should save a life sentence for the really bad crimes.... doesnt make me one now does it..

2008bangkok - You should re-read what i wrote, I have in fact stated that you must be one based on your own theory, i then go on to say that this is very very silly isnt it....here ive highlighted what i actually said. I did NOT accuse you of being one, I argued the case against it. I can't imagine that a pedo, rapist or murderer would actually go online posting for increased sentances for those crimes. So I guess you should follow your own advice & not suggest other people are dabbling in drugs just because they heavily critise some filthy dirty rotten stinking DRUGGIE!

I'm not sure why you would think what I have said would require me to be careful, irregardless of whether it was an open or closed forum OR perhaps at a social function. You're going to need to be a lot sharper than that, to catch me out. :o

Just goes to show how powerful the drug is. You have got to be off your rocker (or have a diplomatic pouch) to try smuggling smack.

lucky for us the west has got the situation under control over in afghanistan. :o

that stuff you ingest which causes intelligent remarks like the one above... is it legal? :D

This is typical TV fashion ust put the guy down to hel_l and call him all the names under the sun.

I for one dont like to see the drug dealers get life it just aint right, life should be saved for the pedos, rapist and murderers not some poor mule who was probably gonna get a few g for his cut..

i am with you here. and would go even further.

legalise it. a win-win situation.

it's not only the individual right of a person to do what ever he want with his body, also economic wise for the society drug legalisation would be smarter.

let the people who want buy drugs buy it to free market prices. they buy it anyway and it's available anyway, despite harsh laws and prohibition. look at the alcohol prohibition years in the states.

the drug-related crime, stealing to get money to buy drugs, violence against rival drug dealers would disappear.

anti drug laws help only the big drug cartels to have a monopol market and keep the prices up.

legal drugs can be produced under pharmaceutical conditions, controlled by the FDA. the consumer can buy "clean" drugs and not some dirty dangerous cocktails mixtures. the "dirty" drugs, not pure drugs are actually responsible for the most medical damage that comes with drugs.

law enforcement agencies can focus on real crimes and don't have to waste money and man power on the war on drugs (or can not extract corruption money from the busisness anymore)

you don't have to jail the user anymore. pusher, trader, dealer will have to do some other work.

i am here with milton friedman. i don't like youtube videos as argument so much, but for a couple of people are texts maybe to long to read. so listen to this man to hear the point.

there are also field studies around that prove that legalising do good. but okay, there are also people with the same professional background who say the opposite.

before you flame me take your time, google: *legalize/legalise drugs* to get some idea of the pro and counter arguments.

i don't like drugs and i saw some personal tragedies, victims of drug abuse. prohibition didn't help them. educational advertising instead of demonising maybe had done it. i think the pro legalisation arguments are convincing.

above my position, thats why i can not jump on that australian man like the TVforum justice fighter.

he is dumb that is for sure, he should know the laws in thailand and should respect them, and he have to face his punishment according to the thai law.

but i can't not wish him death or can follow the most arguments here against him. mostly stupid arguments of redneck wannabe sheriffs.

people causing accidents and harm innocents because the driving drunk a car can get a away with much softer punishments as this drug mule who only deliver what other people want to buy out of free will.

Just goes to show how powerful the drug is. You have got to be off your rocker (or have a diplomatic pouch) to try smuggling smack.

lucky for us the west has got the situation under control over in afghanistan. :o

that stuff you ingest which causes intelligent remarks like the one above... is it legal? :D

i think that stuff is called humour, it comes in various forms and colours.

You play, you pay. No diccussion about it.

Yup.

He will get Death, commuted to Life because he will admit resposibility, do 8 years in Bangkwang and then go home............. Nex

Correct

About writing a book on his bangkok hilton experience, I'm quite sure (although as you can tell by my poor english, i'm no aussie) in Aus there's a law that bans incomes from writing books or screenplays about crimes you committed. Quite sure about that, but obviously he could publish in another country.

This is quite irrilevant at the moment, you would agree :o

About this guy, he made a wrong thing, but portraing him like a pedophile or a murderer is quite wrong, in my humble opinion. Alchol and cigarettes kill any year thousands of people more than heroin; everybody knows that; and almost any state in the world gains on alchool and tobacco; the bartender who gives whisky to a drunkard is not (morally) much worse than this idiot who's been busted at the airport.

To rape a child and to sell heroin to john bonham (R.I.P) are not the same sport.

Anyway, I cannot feel "happy" for him to be in jail now. I think nobody of you really is. I'm just sad, cuz quite for sure he does not deserves 8 years of hel_l for 3 kgs of H.

IKO

I will be in Burma for a week or so in the near future.

There's no chance in hel_l I will let my suitcases get out

of my hands after they are emptied and packed by myself for return.

Well the wife can help, she HATES this stuff passionately.

I ASSUME :

I will be searched well while returning.

Someone 'helpful' will try to 'give me a present'

Or plant a distraction/decoy amount.

That I will be followed around for 2 weeks by someone

till they figure I am harmless or suspect not... and keep following.

I will NOT be some scammers victim....

This guy was monumentally foolish,

whether HRM gives 8 or 15 year pardons or not.

Nice to see compassion alive and well here. Yeah....you are right....the guy was/is dumb. This is a sad story.

Canada, I agree with your comment, I was thinking how scared this guy must be right now. But at the end of the day, he is a drug dealer, he wanted easy money and must be well aware of what heroin does to people. I think he should be made an example of in the hope it will stop others in the future.

Hang him on public T.V, thats what the chinese used to do, seems to working.

He doesn't deserve to be a father when you think about it, I have friends that have been trying to have a baby for years and some muppet like this gets to be a father and only thinks about his most precious AFTER he is busted!

After the hanging, the sentenced loses consciousness almost immediatelly; the death occurs by asphyxiation, because of a slipknot put around the neck and fixed to a support by the other end. The weight of the body, hanging in mid-air or inclined forward, rests on the slipknot, determines its closing and the compressing action on respiratory tract.

The hanging leaves different signs, both inside and outside the body: the sentenced becomes cyanotic, the tongue hangs out, the eyes pop out of his head, there is a groove on the neck; there are also vertebral lesions and internal fractures.

Medical consequences of chronic heroin abuse include scarred and/or collapsed veins, bacterial infections of the blood vessels and heart valves, abscesses (boils) and other soft-tissue infections, and liver or kidney disease. Lung complications (including various types of pneumonia and tuberculosis) may result from the poor health condition of the abuser as well as from heroin's depressing effects on respiration. Many of the additives in street heroin may include substances that do not readily dissolve and result in clogging the blood vessels that lead to the lungs, liver, kidneys, or brain. This can cause infection or even death of small patches of cells in vital organs. Immune reactions to these or other contaminants can cause arthritis or other rheumatologic problems.

Of course, sharing of injection equipment or fluids can lead to some of the most severe consequences of heroin abuse-infections with hepatitis B and C, HIV, and a host of other blood-borne viruses, which drug abusers can then pass on to their sexual partners and children.

HIV/AIDS - due to sharing of needles

Poisoning - from the addition of toxin to the drug

Hepatitis - liver damage

Skin infections - from repeated intravenous injections

Other bacterial and viral infections

Increase risk of stroke

Collapsed veins

Lung infections

3 kilos of that will do a lot of damage to a lot of people.

Best hang him me thinks

:o I don't think they still hang drug smugglers in Thailand any more...I think they use lethal injection now. Some time ago I read an interview with the Thai who was once the official government executioner who shot those sentenced to die. Then they tied them to a stake and shot them with a machine gun. That hasn't happened for at least 20 years, however.

But your decscription of hanging is incorrect. If done correctly, taking the weight of the person hung, their bone structure, and the distance dropped into consideration; a professional hangman carefully calculates the fall to just snap the backbone at the base of the neck...which instantly severs the nerve trunk to the brain...and is supposedly painless. (How they know that, I'm not sure...nobody ever comes back to verify the fact.) It is considered very bad form to drop the body to far and rip off the head, only beginners do that. (I read the book by the last official hangman for the British government, who provided many details on the subject. His family had the post for 3 or 4 generations, until it was abolished.).

Back to the subject....

:D

Nice to see compassion alive and well here. Yeah....you are right....the guy was/is dumb. This is a sad story.

Canada, I agree with your comment, I was thinking how scared this guy must be right now. But at the end of the day, he is a drug dealer, he wanted easy money and must be well aware of what heroin does to people. I think he should be made an example of in the hope it will stop others in the future.

He doesn't deserve to be a father when you think about it, I have friends that have been trying to have a baby for years and some muppet like this gets to be a father and only thinks about his most precious AFTER he is busted!

After the hanging, the sentenced loses consciousness almost immediatelly; the death occurs by asphyxiation, because of a slipknot put around the neck and fixed to a support by the other end. The weight of the body, hanging in mid-air or inclined forward, rests on the slipknot, determines its closing and the compressing action on respiratory tract.

The hanging leaves different signs, both inside and outside the body: the sentenced becomes cyanotic, the tongue hangs out, the eyes pop out of his head, there is a groove on the neck; there are also vertebral lesions and internal fractures.

Medical consequences of chronic heroin abuse include scarred and/or collapsed veins, bacterial infections of the blood vessels and heart valves, abscesses (boils) and other soft-tissue infections, and liver or kidney disease. Lung complications (including various types of pneumonia and tuberculosis) may result from the poor health condition of the abuser as well as from heroin's depressing effects on respiration. Many of the additives in street heroin may include substances that do not readily dissolve and result in clogging the blood vessels that lead to the lungs, liver, kidneys, or brain. This can cause infection or even death of small patches of cells in vital organs. Immune reactions to these or other contaminants can cause arthritis or other rheumatologic problems.

Of course, sharing of injection equipment or fluids can lead to some of the most severe consequences of heroin abuse-infections with hepatitis B and C, HIV, and a host of other blood-borne viruses, which drug abusers can then pass on to their sexual partners and children.

Hepatitis - liver damage

Increase risk of stroke

Collapsed veins

Lung infections

Best hang him me thinks

:o I don't think they still hang drug smugglers in Thailand any more...I think they use lethal injection now. Some time ago I read an interview with the Thai who was once the official government executioner who shot those sentenced to die. Then they tied them to a stake and shot them with a machine gun. That hasn't happened for at least 20 years, however.

But your decscription of hanging is incorrect. If done correctly, taking the weight of the person hung, their bone structure, and the distance dropped into consideration; a professional hangman carefully calculates the fall to just snap the backbone at the base of the neck...which instantly severs the nerve trunk to the brain...and is supposedly painless. (How they know that, I'm not sure...nobody ever comes back to verify the fact.) It is considered very bad form to drop the body to far and rip off the head, only beginners do that. (I read the book by the last official hangman for the British government, who provided many details on the subject. His family had the post for 3 or 4 generations, until it was abolished.).

Back to the subject....

I love the bit where you state it is considered very bad form to drop the body to(sic) far and rip off the head. I can just see the poor old hangman the first time he does this....wooooops :D

U know the death sentence is too easy altho some crimes like sex offenders shud recv mandatory death sentences. However for peddlers of misery like this guy has done or was going to do, i would be more in favour of life without parole or pardon in the BKK Hilton. No transfer to downunder for him.

my 3 kilo's worth

To rape a child and to sell heroin to john bonham (R.I.P) are not the same sport.

Anyway, I cannot feel "happy" for him to be in jail now. I think nobody of you really is. I'm just sad, cuz quite for sure he does not deserves 8 years of hel_l for 3 kgs of H.

IKO

No, 8 years is just the beginning, he will serve that and then be transferred back to Aus. to finish serving the rest of his 40 years.

Also, the Kings pardon only invloves giving a small percentage on time reduction for drug offenses. So the King may say to knock 20 percent off of everyone's sentence, EXCEPT drug offenses, they only get 5 percent reductions, changes every year, and some years the drug offenders get NO reductions in time.

So you may get out a little sooner for stupid things like spraying paint on posters of the King, or stealing a car, or even visa violations, but for drugs, as the Brits say, your <deleted>.

Hepatitis - liver damage

Increase risk of stroke

Collapsed veins

Lung infections

Best hang him me thinks

Back to the subject....

About the execution methods for death penalty in thailand you can find good info in

Chavoret Jaruboon, THE LAST EXECUTIONER.

you say: "That hasn't happened for at least 20 years,"

That's not true. He used to kill more than 5 people any year.

Now they're more 'modern' and use letal injection.

About the former executing methods, you can find a good bunch of info here:

http://www.thaiprisonlife.com/index.php?op...&Itemid=117

and here: http://www.thaiprisonlife.com/index.php?op...3&Itemid=88

The book details are found here: http://deathpenaltythailand.blogspot.com/2...th-penalty.html

IKO

hanging was never used as a executing method in thailand.

What compassion was he showing to people wanting to get off drugs, and people whose houses would be burgled to pay for the drugs?

Also, to name a few, the muggings of old ladies, street robberies, car theft and from cars, untold misery for so many too. Yes he is a tool and his kind deserve all they get. No sympathy for anyone genuinely caught smuggling drugs.

Listen at all you witch hunting little bigots screaming for the death penalty. Why don’t all of you stop giving money to the drug trade? Stop going to bars because the money that is extorted from them in Thailand is used for the drug trade. Stop engaging in prostitution because half the money you are giving them is going to the people who traffic drugs. A article published in the 90’s, by The Nation, out of New York, I think. Showed statistics where, “The average age of a heroin addict in the Netherlands where there is tolerance and minimal punishment, was 45 years old.” “The average age of a heroin addict in the US where they were giving life for 3 drug related crimes was 14 years old.” So spare us the save the children crap. You sound as pathetic as the guy in prison clutching his daughter’s picture for sympathy. The majority of you are only in Thailand because you engage in prostitution which is illegal just like drugs! In our countries you would all be in prison right next him. You promote white slavery, kidnapping, DRUGS, and organized crime by pumping money into the sex trade. A lot of the people in the world think all of you should get the death penalty. I would rather live next door to someone who sold drugs than sold children. We caught a guy yesterday that came back from Thailand and had recorded himself having sex with children between the ages of 9 and 14. He will get less time than our idiotic friend awaiting your death penalties for heroin. Would it be fair to homosexuals with HIV if we just say, “SOM NAM NA!” and don’t try to aleve their suffering? So to all of you who say som nam na, well right back at ya. I say your intolerance of adult drug use creates the situations where children get involved with drugs. If alcohol were illegal the average age of an alcoholic would be below 18. Would it be any different for me to think if we started rounding up homosexuals and killing them that the rest would stop playing grab ass with each other and those children on that tape we confiscated would have been spared? Next time you all go pay for sex or find your romance in a mans hairy bum just remember, A lot of people in the world want to see all of you rot in a prison and hanged from the castle walls for what your doing too.

chart-opium-poppy.gif

Sorry to say but the west failed to control the situation in Afganistan its is still the largest exporter of heroin in the world. And the west don't like to control the opium farming in Afganistan who is the basic product for producing heroine, for political reasons. because if they do so, the Taliban will even get greater support from the farmers because its almost their only source of income.

Listen at all you witch hunting little bigots screaming for the death penalty. Why don't all of you stop giving money to the drug trade? Stop going to bars because the money that is extorted from them in Thailand is used for the drug trade. Stop engaging in prostitution because half the money you are giving them is going to the people who traffic drugs. A article published in the 90's, by The Nation, out of New York, I think. Showed statistics where, "The average age of a heroin addict in the Netherlands where there is tolerance and minimal punishment, was 45 years old." "The average age of a heroin addict in the US where they were giving life for 3 drug related crimes was 14 years old." So spare us the save the children crap. You sound as pathetic as the guy in prison clutching his daughter's picture for sympathy. The majority of you are only in Thailand because you engage in prostitution which is illegal just like drugs! In our countries you would all be in prison right next him. You promote white slavery, kidnapping, DRUGS, and organized crime by pumping money into the sex trade. A lot of the people in the world think all of you should get the death penalty. I would rather live next door to someone who sold drugs than sold children. We caught a guy yesterday that came back from Thailand and had recorded himself having sex with children between the ages of 9 and 14. He will get less time than our idiotic friend awaiting your death penalties for heroin. Would it be fair to homosexuals with HIV if we just say, "SOM NAM NA!" and don't try to aleve their suffering? So to all of you who say som nam na, well right back at ya. I say your intolerance of adult drug use creates the situations where children get involved with drugs. If alcohol were illegal the average age of an alcoholic would be below 18. Would it be any different for me to think if we started rounding up homosexuals and killing them that the rest would stop playing grab ass with each other and those children on that tape we confiscated would have been spared? Next time you all go pay for sex or find your romance in a mans hairy bum just remember, A lot of people in the world want to see all of you rot in a prison and hanged from the castle walls for what your doing too.

The majority of you are only in Thailand because you engage in prostitution which is illegal just like drugs!

I don't know in witch social circles you involved , but in my social circles I know nobody who go or life in Thailand for prostitution.

I think you are a little bit sexual frustrated. :o

it..

I'm not sure why you would think what I have said would require me to be careful, irregardless of whether it was an open or closed forum OR perhaps at a social function. You're going to need to be a lot sharper than that, to catch me out. :D

Another wannabe hardnut hey... :o:D

:D you won't get a bite from me on that one 2008 but perhaps you and that weirdo bernie66 (is that you Wadoff?) should get together sometime....he thinks like you and apparently we are all here in thailand just to buy sex, sorry i think his point was that pedo thing you were talking about earlier. We're you boy's tampered with when you were younger or is it just a fashion thing?

r154436305.jpg

r2586513608.jpg

r1828859981.jpg

Australian Andrew Hoods, 36, arrives at Bangkok's Criminal Court December 19, 2008. Hoods was arrested at Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi international airport on Wednesday with 3 kilograms (about 7 pounds) of heroin strapped to his body.

REUTERS

Now do they normally let you carry your stash with you from the Airport to the Police Station? :D

Knowing where I would be going and full access to that plastic bag in my hands I would have 1 last party in the back of that Police truck. :o

This is typical TV fashion ust put the guy down to hel_l and call him all the names under the sun..

Yes the guy is stupid and he will really regret this for the rest of his life but npobody knows the circumstances on why he did this, maybe the guy was on his arse and in so much desperation that he thought it was the only was to do this, or there again maybe not..

I recon a fair few of the slag emm off characters have probably had a dabble in their time so it doesnt really make them any better whether the dealer or taker.

This guys life is effectivly gone now, it isnt law that after a few you get a pardon...

I second that.

Governments, who are the biggest drug dealers, haven't gotten busted.

Listen at all you witch hunting little bigots screaming for the death penalty. Why don’t all of you stop giving money to the drug trade? Stop going to bars because the money that is extorted from them in Thailand is used for the drug trade. Stop engaging in prostitution because half the money you are giving them is going to the people who traffic drugs. A article published in the 90’s, by The Nation, out of New York, I think. Showed statistics where, “The average age of a heroin addict in the Netherlands where there is tolerance and minimal punishment, was 45 years old.” “The average age of a heroin addict in the US where they were giving life for 3 drug related crimes was 14 years old.” So spare us the save the children crap. You sound as pathetic as the guy in prison clutching his daughter’s picture for sympathy. The majority of you are only in Thailand because you engage in prostitution which is illegal just like drugs! In our countries you would all be in prison right next him. You promote white slavery, kidnapping, DRUGS, and organized crime by pumping money into the sex trade. A lot of the people in the world think all of you should get the death penalty. I would rather live next door to someone who sold drugs than sold children. We caught a guy yesterday that came back from Thailand and had recorded himself having sex with children between the ages of 9 and 14. He will get less time than our idiotic friend awaiting your death penalties for heroin. Would it be fair to homosexuals with HIV if we just say, “SOM NAM NA!” and don’t try to aleve their suffering? So to all of you who say som nam na, well right back at ya. I say your intolerance of adult drug use creates the situations where children get involved with drugs. If alcohol were illegal the average age of an alcoholic would be below 18. Would it be any different for me to think if we started rounding up homosexuals and killing them that the rest would stop playing grab ass with each other and those children on that tape we confiscated would have been spared? Next time you all go pay for sex or find your romance in a mans hairy bum just remember, A lot of people in the world want to see all of you rot in a prison and hanged from the castle walls for what your doing too.

Moron.

Now do they normally let you carry your stash with you from the Airport to the Police Station? :D

Knowing where I would be going and full access to that plastic bag in my hands I would have 1 last party in the back of that Police truck. :o

LOL MaddDog!

Looks like fun being led around like a Mad Dog on a chain, doesnt it?