Australian Drug Smuggler Arrested At Suvarnabhumi

Jai Dee

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe he thought the airport was still closed.......

Maddog said:

i for one would feel at more threat in glasgow than in thailand saying that anybody thinking about australia that might be stupid enough watch border security

Glasgow might be tough, but I think I'd feel more threatened in any Asia country where its more of a zero tolerance policy - ie. get caught and you are toast

I'm not gonna judge the guy, but he must know that if you try to do something like that and fail, then you pay the price...i guess its best left to the organised government smugglers of Burma, etc..

YOUR NOT GOING TO JUDGE THE GUY!!

He is drug smuggling scum, what are you ?

I actually think that he is just a mule, being paid a fraction of the real value of the drugs worth, however, i believe that he should be dealt with as harshly as the law allows, and in a very public way, this might in some way deter others from the drug traffiking in Thailand.

FF

I actually think that he is just a mule, being paid a fraction of the real value of the drugs worth, however, i believe that he should be dealt with as harshly as the law allows, and in a very public way, this might in some way deter others from the drug traffiking in Thailand.

FF

Mule or no mule, he is a DRUG SMUGGLER! I have no sympathy for this IDIOT! & I hope he enjoys fish head soup, concrete floors for sleeping upon, bright lights, heat and real dirty toilets. If his lucky, no one will use his fluffy little chin to clean the toilet with! GOOD RIDDANCE. :o

This is typical TV fashion ust put the guy down to hel_l and call him all the names under the sun..

Yes the guy is stupid and he will really regret this for the rest of his life but npobody knows the circumstances on why he did this, maybe the guy was on his arse and in so much desperation that he thought it was the only was to do this, or there again maybe not..

I recon a fair few of the slag emm off characters have probably had a dabble in their time so it doesnt really make them any better whether the dealer or taker.

This guys life is effectivly gone now, it isnt law that after a few you get a pardon...

I for one dont like to see the drug dealers get life it just aint right, life should be saved for the pedos, rapist and murderers not some poor mule who was probably gonna get a few g for his cut..

good luck mate, and i mean that

Add your own photo to your avatar. Prat!!

And you really look like yours?

Oh, sorry is that a voice from beyond the grave?

I think the point that Mr Daly was making was that Mr MyPhuket life is a fascist like the people in the photo of his avatar, so he should add himself to it, rather than your avatar should look like you.

Toodlepip

This is typical TV fashion ust put the guy down to hel_l and call him all the names under the sun..

Yes the guy is stupid and he will really regret this for the rest of his life but npobody knows the circumstances on why he did this, maybe the guy was on his arse and in so much desperation that he thought it was the only was to do this, or there again maybe not..

I recon a fair few of the slag emm off characters have probably had a dabble in their time so it doesnt really make them any better whether the dealer or taker.

This guys life is effectivly gone now, it isnt law that after a few you get a pardon...

I for one dont like to see the drug dealers get life it just aint right, life should be saved for the pedos, rapist and murderers not some poor mule who was probably gonna get a few g for his cut..

You obviously have no morals, no responsibilities, no kids, no clue :D

It doesnt matter, whatever the circumstances, peddling or muling that sh@t, you deserve the very worst.

Having heard the stories of prisons over here, I hope he spends many many years inside.

And before you ask.No I have never had a dabble myself, but am proud to say that I did put a lot of similar scum bags inside. :o

First of all there's no sympathy for this guy from me.

But reading the story, here's a 36 year old guy with a young daughter and family back in Australia.

What the hel_l was he thinking when he made the decision to go ahead with the deal, strapping a load of heroin to his body.

Was he in so much financial trouble here or at home that his parents could or would not help him?

Where has he been living, in a cave?

Nearly everyone who comes to Southeast Asia for a holiday is fully aware of the serious penalties for drug smuggling.

Midnight Express and Bangkok Hilton starring Nicole Kidman are well known movies and he must surely have understood life in a Thai prison is not for the faint of heart.

I guess there's no way he'll turn in the supplier, if he even knows, as his life would be terminated right quick.

Another one bites the dust. :o

Poor bastard. If your gonna be dumb you gotta be tough. I really feel sorry for his daughter. Right now he's feeling pretty sorry for getting caught. I've also locked up a few of his kind. But in 20 years, when he's halfway through his sentence, he will truely be sorry for what he did.

Does Thailand and Aus. have the 8 year policy of completing his sentence back home?

You obviously have no morals, no responsibilities, no kids, no clue :D

It doesnt matter, whatever the circumstances, peddling or muling that sh@t, you deserve the very worst.

Having heard the stories of prisons over here, I hope he spends many many years inside.

And before you ask.No I have never had a dabble myself, but am proud to say that I did put a lot of similar scum bags inside. :o

Well it sounds like you are/were in law enforcement. From the history of smugglimg dangerous drugs, using dangerous drugs or selling dangerous drugs whatever the sentence Death, Life, or many years in the gray bar hotel doesn't seem like much of a deterent. I think educatation is the key to wiping drugs off the face of the earth. I personally don't feel anything for this person. I feel for his daughter and only hope this has educated her about being involved in illegal drugs. I can't resist asking is alchahol (sorry for the spelling) any less dangerous just because it is legal?

Nice to see compassion alive and well here. Yeah....you are right....the guy was/is dumb. This is a sad story.

Personally I hope he gets the death sentence, it will deter others from bringing drugs into any country from Thailand.This is how your kids get onto drugs and in all likelihood die from an overdose.

What is sad about the story, he was doing it for money and to hel_l with the suffering he was going to cause. :o

This could possibly be one of the most stupid posts I have ever read. Now to apply your own theory to this 2008bangkok, you must be a pedo, rapist and murderer, that what you are saying, isnt it....because for all those that spoke against this fellow you said were dabbling in the drugs, now you've had a shot at pedo & rapists, so that makes you one??? That is silly, very silly.

Further to that you're saying that if someone is desperate, 'was on his arse' as you so put it then that makes it ok to be a drug dealer/mule whatever....thats very stupid. I guess in your world, when you're down and out....its acceptable to break the law. Well having locked up more than my fair share of scumbags I would say that its most likely that you are the one that has a few issues here? Sympathise with Drug Mule/Dealer for what?

Edited by neverdie

I wonder if he had successfully done the same thing previously a few times with a smaller amount, and gotten dependent on the income. So now he thinks he can make a really big carry since no one caught him the previous times.

Hard to imagine someone (stupid enough) trying to carry 3 KG as a first-time attempt. You don't just stroll around Thailand asking people for 3 KG of heroin to take home, do you? And if you did, wouldn't they be tempted to say "yes" just to set you up for a police payoff?

kenk3z

I guess the culprit in question didn't see that CNN special in Columbia where they had a special on cocaine smuggling.  These "mules" would swallow 100 or so capsules that were sealed in wax and then fly to Europe and avoid all dogs and suspicion.  As i stated much earlier in the thread, this guy is an idiot, but at least think about your smuggling method from both sides of the customs and immigration queue before you put your daughters future on the line.

Drug mule dad Andrew Hoods tried to kick heroin habit through Narcotics Anonymous

His daughter came second - Thailand's death penalty was a distant third. Andrew Hoods' first thought was the $500,000 pay-day 3kg of heroin would earn in the streets of Kings Cross in Sydney.

Only now, languishing in a Bangkok prison where he faces the possibility of a firing squad [factually inaccurate, lethal injection is used. -SJ], has Hoods realised what he left behind in Annandale, where he would have said a last goodbye to his daughter.

What drove a man to leave behind his nine-year-old girl and risk a death penalty for a few kilograms of heroin?

It's a story of drugs, divorce, rehab, and a little girl. She's the only thing he truly has left to hold, a memory captured in a picture in his wallet.

In the past few weeks Hoods still fought to kick a heroin addiction, friends from Narcotics Anonymous say. "I was in rehab with (him) and I know Andy has been struggling not using heroin any more," an NA friend said.

But far from being the candle of hope in Hoods' storm of addiction, Narcotics Anonymous appears to be where the ill-fated plan developed that led him to strap 12 packets of heroin to his chest.

He was a drug mule. He stopped using, or was trying to, but couldn't break the cycle with the NA crowd and tried to smuggle the powder through Suvarnabhumi airport on Wednesday.

"A lot of people in NA send mules over to Thailand," Hoods' friend said. "A lot of people that get off it (drugs) don't use any more but they still sell. They get caught in the trap of the easy dollar from when they were using."

It's not what NA had in mind when it opened the upstairs back room of the Newtown Neighbourhood Centre in King St for addicts to meet for support.

Hoods, from Blacktown, turned to NA after years of drug abuse that led to a divorce and unemployment. Friends last saw him near Broadway about 5am or 6am, two weeks ago.

The next time they saw him he was surrounded by Thai customs officials. His victorious captors wheeled him out, surrounded by the drugs for the cameras.

"I've got my daughter here with me," he said, clutching her photo. "And that's all I've got, man, that's all I've got."

- The Daily Telegraph (Australia) / December 20, 2008

Edited by sriracha john

2008Bangkok's post may be the result of someone who has walked in the arrestee's shoes. Kind of feeling guilty and compassionate at the same time. Whether or not the guy is simply transporting heroin or is in fact a drug trafficker is moot at this point. They got him if you know what I mean. Even the Thai police won't be able to screw this up. He may or may not give up his buddy who was also body packing a similar amount, otherwise why would he be traveling with the guy? His beloved daughter should be ready to finish high school at least without her father attending any important life's events. She is a victim in this case but may have dodged a bullet losing her father.

Poor bastard. If your gonna be dumb you gotta be tough. I really feel sorry for his daughter. Right now he's feeling pretty sorry for getting caught. I've also locked up a few of his kind. But in 20 years, when he's halfway through his sentence, he will truely be sorry for what he did.

Does Thailand and Aus. have the 8 year policy of completing his sentence back home?

Yup.

He will get Death, commuted to Life because he will admit resposibility, do 8 years in Bangkwang and then go home............. Next :o

He was obviously a very pathetic father anyway.

He has PREVIOUSLY chosen drugs over his daughter.

He has AGAIN chosen drugs over his daughter.

She wasnt so important to him before, was she? The big sad sob story....worlds best father gets detained for being a drug mule....I don't think so.

Hopefully they remove his wallet and also the photograph of the girl from him.....she would be better off if he forgot about her.

I wonder if when they go to give him the lethal injection if he says, "You don't put the needle in like that, you do it like this.." dam_n JUNKIES are the pits.

Are dealers not murderers then? No dealers, no drugs, no overdoses :o