Like To Buy Card Key Lock For Condo

richsilver

Does anyone know where I can purchase (and have installed) a programmable card key lock for my condo? I would like either an RFID or magnetic card, but I want to control the card access from my computer (if, for example a card is lost).

If you want a card access lock then try Tuk.com but they usually activate or deactivate a large and impractical magnet bolted on the inside of your door.

Alternatively google "Keyless Locks" and you can buy online from many websites based in USA & UK far better alternatives like fingerprint or number pad locks.

Keycard locks are out of date now.

ask your insurance company first as they are poor for security and may increase your premiums

wondered where you got your information from?

My experience is that here in the UK the only security issue with some hotels is poor management of the system by hotels that fail to cancel lost cards or check that staff who leave return cards, etc.

The big problem is the high turnover of staff, the other week I went to a hotel in London because they had a burglary in a annexed building, initially I was asked if I would pop in when I was passing to quickly show them how to read the lock so they could see who's card had been used to access the door at the time of the crime, I show the reception manger who was new to the job how to read a lock only to find out that when I went to read the lock it had not been configured so any card would open it, turned out their maintanace guy had fitted it, he was also new and to date he has had no training on the system.

The hotel trade is probably one of the worst employers in the UK with a very high turnover of staff, because the pay is poor and the conditions are harsh with split shifts, etc, quite often it is usual to find that many of the staff do not even speak English and I would not be surprised to learn that many were working illegally, therefore I an not surprised at the amount of alleged theft in hotels.

BB

Edited by Basil B

Does anyone know where I can purchase (and have installed) a programmable card key lock for my condo? I would like either an RFID or magnetic card, but I want to control the card access from my computer (if, for example a card is lost).

contact EVVA mr willy schranz 022318075

If you want a card access lock then try Tuk.com but they usually activate or deactivate a large and impractical magnet bolted on the inside of your door.

Alternatively google "Keyless Locks" and you can buy online from many websites based in USA & UK far better alternatives like fingerprint or number pad locks.

There was a Mythbusters episode where they opened a fingerprint door system just by using a photocopy of the fingerprint :o

:D

There was a Mythbusters episode where they opened a fingerprint door system just by using a photocopy of the fingerprint :o

:D

I would still think that a fingerprint photocopy would be harder to get from the owners finger than a card or key though, but an interesting experiment to try once i fit my fingerprint lock, im waiting to purchase one when i return to the UK early next year.