If (insert Famous Person Here) Were To Die, It Would Be A Sad Day.

I think this thread, by the way it was presented, was designed to elicit posts that are outside the rules.

Some have obviously, and foolishly, been sucked into this trap. Perhaps a new thread title would be appropriate?

On topic, for a famous person we all know, I certainly would miss/am missing Weezy F! :o

I think this thread, by the way it was presented, was designed to elicit posts that are outside the rules.

Some have obviously, and foolishly, been sucked into this trap. Perhaps a new thread title would be appropriate?

I had absolutely no intention of sucking anyone into a trap via the thread title.

In fact, I had no idea the thread would take the turn it did!

I am a member of dead celebrity watch sites like stiffs.com and dpsinfo.com and frequently read the news to see who has died recently.

When I read about someone who has died who has touched my life in a way that I was unaware of, I am always appreciative. For example Iwao Takamoto - he died last year - was a Japanese cartoonist who designed Scooby Doo. Did you know Scooby Doo was designed by a man born in Japan? I didn't, but because I read those sites - now I do.

I started this thread so perhaps I could start appreciating some people I was currently unaware of.

So - keep it going, in a positive way.

I will miss Les Paul - he is 93 this year and still jamming.

post-20031-1230058027_thumb.jpg

Edited by DeathbyDurian

• 7 months later...

It is a sad day.

He will be missed:

(CNN) -- Les Paul, whose innovations with the electric guitar and studio technology made him one of the most important figures in recorded music, has died, according to a statement from his publicists. Paul was 94.

Les Paul, whose innovations helped give rise to modern pop music, played guitar into his 90s.

Paul died in White Plains, New York, from complications of severe pneumonia, according to the statement.