4 Pages Left In Passport

Just heard a story that a friend of a friend was refused a T.V as his passport only had 2 pages left, got me a little bit worried as after enter Laos I may only have 3, possibly 2 pages left myself. Is there a limit on the ammount pages a consulate wants you to have in order for them to issue the visa?

I'll do a trip soon with 4 blank pages currently. Enter Laos takes 1 page, 1 page for the entry/exit stamps for Laos and Thailand. 1 page for the actual Thai visa. This gives me 1 full page left. I do not foresee any troubles.

If anyone does know a minimum amount of pages required for a Thai visa, please let us know. I know it needs to have something like a 6 months validity period left, but never saw, read or were informed about minimum amount of pages required (as long as there are enough for stamps and visas).

(For all you cynics/negative people: Yes, I have applied for a new passport, but it takes some weeks to arrive, and I have to renew before that.)

As long as you have room for the sticker and your exit/entry stamps it won't be a problem.

Two or 3 pages will be plenty.

But still better to take care of a new passport before it gets an emergency....

Even better, when applying for a new passport, ask for a so called Business passport.

It has double the pages.

It is more expensive, not much, but it is much handier!

OOPS

You did already apply for a new passport.

Sorry

Small print, and so on.

Next time, apply for a bisiness passport

Sorry

Edited by hansnl

My wife got turned away today in Vientiane because the remaining blank pages in her passport didn't specifically say "visa" (even though Laos did just that). Not a big deal.. just went and had some added from the U.S. Embassy for free. But we have to stay an extra day now, and only because of a pretty basic technicality.

The services section at the U.S. embassy is open from 1-4.

Edited by phildavid

• 3 weeks later...
I'll do a trip soon with 4 blank pages currently. Enter Laos takes 1 page, 1 page for the entry/exit stamps for Laos and Thailand. 1 page for the actual Thai visa. This gives me 1 full page left. I do not foresee any troubles.

If anyone does know a minimum amount of pages required for a Thai visa, please let us know. I know it needs to have something like a 6 months validity period left, but never saw, read or were informed about minimum amount of pages required (as long as there are enough for stamps and visas).

(For all you cynics/negative people: Yes, I have applied for a new passport, but it takes some weeks to arrive, and I have to renew before that.)

So I left with 4 pages, I returned with 2 pages remaining (1 page each for the visas).

They were nice enough on both the Thai and Laos sides to notice the low number of pages remaining, and leafed through to find empty spaces on earlier used pages and stamped accordingly.

All 4 officers looked happy when I thanked them specifically for the extra care taken.