New Magazine For Krabi, Koh Lanta And Khao Lak

keestha

Saw a new magazine for Koh Lanta, Krabi and Khao Lak, called "the Trader". It is free, and the content is mainly advertisements and classified ads. Most of the ads concern Koh Lanta, so I guess that is where it originates from.

Strange anyway to lump Khao Lak in with Krabi, whilst leaving out Phuket: Khao Lak is far closer to Phuket than to Krabi. Also, Krabi is far closer to Phuket than to Khao Lak.

Edited by keestha

Saw a new magazine for Koh Lanta, Krabi and Khao Lak, called "the Trader". It is free, and the content is mainly advertisements and classified ads. Most of the ads concern Koh Lanta, so I guess that is where it originates from.

Strange anyway to lump Khao Lak in with Krabi, whilst leaving out Phuket: Khao Lak is far closer to Phuket than to Krabi. Also, Krabi is far closer to Phuket than to Khao Lak.

Just to let you know that THE TRADER has lumped together (as you put it)koh lanta and khao lak in order to improve links between the two areas, as well as Krabi and Ao Nang. It aims to make tourists aware that these areas exist and that they are an alternative to Phuket, as weel as servicing the needs of expats and Thais alike. The Trader specificaly excludes tourist related advertising from Phuket in order to benefit the areas in which it opperates. The Trader welcomes all other advertising from phuket. It may well be mostly advertising, but it also includes some local news, and a decent amount of humour, which is pretty important in my book! I hope you will choose to actualy read it when the next issue comes out on 15th January. Regards, Richard

• 3 weeks later...

such small magazines are usually a little GEMS, very use- and helpful, even if they mostly consist of ads.

I collect all such material from anywhere in South-East-Asia and I have hundreds such small mags and booklets, which helped and still help me a damned lot in my tourist-related business.

is anybody down there at the moment and can bring such a mag to either BKK or CM ? I will cover the costs in case of sending by mail of course.

or maybe even the publisher is willing to send me one ?