Yellow Bus To Mukdahan

khazaddoom

Can anyone help me out with the where, what time, how much for the big yellow/black bus to mukdahan from Pattaya. Want my girlfriend to be on it evening 28th Dec so she can renew her Thai visa and get back in time for N.Y.E. with me and our daughter. Really want to be together for the New Year.

Merry Xmas to all.

This is taken from the website pattayatimes.com.

You can catch the bus from Pattaya to Mukdahan every day of the week. The Pattaya to Mukdahan bus service is available in the evenings each day and leaves the Pattaya bus terminal at 7pm, 7.45pm and 8.30pm. However, the bus to catch is the 8.30 service since it is the VIP bus which allows you to stretch out for the duration of the trip from Pattaya to Mukdahan, the current cost for the VIP bus is 657 baht one way. The earlier buses that leave the station have much less leg room than the 32 seat full size VIP bus service.

The bus terminal it means is the main one on Pattaya Nua (North Road).

Hope this helps!

The current VIP fare was about 800B, sorry can not remember exactly, when I sent the girl friend home last month. There is also a daylight bus that leaves at about 8am.

The booking window is the last one after Sai Thai window at the bus station on Pattaya nua. There is a printed timetable in the window if they are having a break. :D The busses go 2 different ways to Mukdahan if the final destination is not Mukdahan so make sure you put teruk on the correct bus :D check the map also in the window. There is also a timetable available for the punters.

If you want a specific day get there early (8-10am) in the morning and book for your preferred bus, they do not take bookings very far in advance so busy times can be a pain. This may have changed but best to check in advance, we had a problem at the end of school holidays and at songkran (she who was travelling would not go into town to book the ticket :o and had to spend a couple of extra days in Pattaya :D ).

• 3 years later...
  • 9 months later...

Four year old topic!!

But i guess, still interesting for some members. I just come back from Mukhdahan to Pattaya with Yellow Bus Line. It was horrible. The bus stopped uncountable many times. Those 700km takes more than 15 hours. I have to say, i took a standard bus instead the VIP32, because i didn't book up in front and the VIP32 was full already.

From Pattaya to Mukhdahan i took the VIP32. It was quit comfortable. Even for a tall farang easy to stretch its legs. The VIP32 had less stops and the trip takes exactly 11 hours and 45 minutes. On the standard bus i was lucky to got the front seat were i was able to stretch my long legs. In any case, avoid the standard bus in daytime, because the air condition was weak. I got the night bus. The temperature in the bus was ok. But as came out the sun in the morning, the temperature raised up quickly. Another major different to the VIP32 bus, the standard bus driver drived very slowly. Many times we got overtaken from small motorcycles with 3 or 4 persons on it. I don't know if the engine of the bus not have enough power or the driver was just inexperienced.

So, i recommend to booking early and get the VIP32. On all their buses you get a food coupon for a Thai meal at a small bus terminal. We stopped so many time, but never at a station were is a 7/11.

Anyway, if someone have other suggestions for comfortable trips to and from Mukhdahan, let us know.

Edited by alocacoc