Aquarium Shop In Bangkok

flanker

I'm looking for an aquarium shop in Bangkok-the kind where they manufacture their own aquariums from glass..In pattaya there was a nice big one on 3rdv road near Tony's stuff.. looking to buy a bigg one so I need a place where they make their own so I can get best price..if anyone knows of one it would be much appreciated..

Theres a small shop near my home (Saphan Mai) near Don Meuang that make their own aquariums.

I bought a standard size from them 48"x20"x20" inc filter, lid and large stand for 3500 baht.

They mainly stock Flowerhorns, which are also very cheap. I bought a nice 8" fish for 400 baht.

Go to map at: http://www.jatujakguide.com/main/map_zoom/zoom_big.html

Scroll to bottom right corner of map to orient yourself. You will see the area where the BTS skytrain, the MRT subway, and the Bus system all have their stations. You can travel by any of these systems.

You walk up Kamphaengphet 3 Road until you reach Kamphaengphet 4 Road, where you turn left. Walk about another 100 meters - and directly opposite the "C" in "Children's Museum" on the map, you will see the first tropical fish shops. There are various entrance ways into a labyrinth of passageways and alleys behind the front row of shops. You need to wander around inside this network of passageways, which are lined with various kinds of animal and fish-related shops. Most of the aquarium builders seem to be at the end farthest away from Kamphaengphet 3 Road.

This area is open every day. Once you grasp how extensive the collection of shops really is, you will be quite impressed. You can get almost any kind of fish, plant, aquarium, or accessory there.

Good luck!

Indo-Siam

Very good advise and direction from Indo-Siam. Just make sure you explore the whole area, there is a big indoor area where they mainly cut class and build aquariums.

I am also planning to have a big salt water tank. Can't wait to get started when I get more time.

Robert

Go to map at: http://www.jatujakguide.com/main/map_zoom/zoom_big.html

Scroll to bottom right corner of map to orient yourself. You will see the area where the BTS skytrain, the MRT subway, and the Bus system all have their stations. You can travel by any of these systems.

You walk up Kamphaengphet 3 Road until you reach Kamphaengphet 4 Road, where you turn left. Walk about another 100 meters - and directly opposite the "C" in "Children's Museum" on the map, you will see the first tropical fish shops. There are various entrance ways into a labyrinth of passageways and alleys behind the front row of shops. You need to wander around inside this network of passageways, which are lined with various kinds of animal and fish-related shops. Most of the aquarium builders seem to be at the end farthest away from Kamphaengphet 3 Road.

This area is open every day. Once you grasp how extensive the collection of shops really is, you will be quite impressed. You can get almost any kind of fish, plant, aquarium, or accessory there.

Good luck!

Indo-Siam

I would like to get some new purple/blue acentic lights for my aquarium, but I can't find any shops in Phuket that sell these. ย If anyone knows of a shop that sells 4' blue acentic lights, let me know.

Sorensen, I have a big saltwater aquarium and I enjoy the tank, even after 5 years.

Sorensen. Do you already know "Phuket Fish" shop?

They have the best salt water (marine) shop I have seen in Bangkok. It's near Chatujak, a few blocks away.

Dotcom, Nope I haven't been to the Phuket Fish shop. Do you have a link to a map or can you describe where it is located?

Robert

Yes Sir.

MRT to Kamphaeng Phet station. Red 2 on this map.

As you come upstairs travel 1 to 2 blocks North East on that main road. It's on the other (North) side. Behind their main shop - across an alley is their Marine Shop.

Lots of Blennies clowns Lion Fish etc. Tons of invertabrates too.

post-8282-1230720991_thumb.jpg

Edited by dotcom