Breakfast Recommendation

DaninBangkok

I'm coming up from BKK for a few days, and one of my great pleasures in life is great food. I especially enjoy starting the day with an outstanding breakfast. Occasionally on a day off, I'll visit one of the better hotels in BKK to enjoy their breakfast buffet, read the paper, enjoy tea and scenery, etc.

Can anyone recommend an outstanding breakfast in Chaing Mai, either a la carte or buffet? Thanks very much.

Oh no... :o

... not another thread on breakfasts !

Dan you need merely to google the forum, for a multitude of threads on where to find the best food in CM, including breakfasts, happily this seems to be one of the most weighty topics which occupies our minds ! Bon Appetit ! :D

this morning i bought Latna w/ Sen Kob (crispy noodles) Moo for 25 Baht. Just outside McCormick Hospital, the first restaurant West of it. It was amazingly tasty. Some days I eat Khao Mun Ghai from somewhere near the entrance of Payap University at the back of Carrefour. Huge portions of BBQ's pork and chicken on rice w/ tasty prik sauce for 30 baht. The best in Chiang Mai for me so far. PM me for directions.

My other choices of good breakfasts are Mad Dogs on Moonmuang Rd., Art Cafe for its Poached Eggs on muffins with Hollandaise Sauce, Bake and Bite for its Breakfast Burritos.

Wots Hollandaise Sauce? :D

"Hollandaise sauce is an emulsion of butter and lemon juice using egg yolks as the emulsifying agent, usually seasoned with salt and a little black pepper or cayenne pepper. It is a French sauce, so named because it was believed to have mimicked a Dutch sauce. Hollandaise sauce is well known as a key ingredient in Eggs Benedict. The sauce is one of the five sauces in the French haute cuisine mother sauce repertoire.

Hollandaise requires some skill and knowledge to prepare; care must also be taken to store it properly after preparation. Properly made, the sauce should be smooth and creamy. The flavor should be rich and buttery, with a mild tang added by the lemon juice and seasonings. It must be made and served warm, not hot. If the ingredients are emulsified improperly by over- or under-heating them they will separate, resulting in the sauce "breaking" from the emulsion and the yolks coagulating from excessive heat. The sauce may be portioned and frozen for future use. When ready to use, let it come to room temperature; some stirring may be required." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollandaise_sauce

Merry Christmas :D

/ Priceless

PS BTW, it's great with e.g. salmon steak, as well :o

Edited by Priceless

Haha give 'em the bait and they'll run with it!

Nienke being Dutch, and the sauce being French, I think she posted a valid question.

/ Priceless

Aha, there you go, a French sauce called Hollandaise sauce. Hhhmmm, makes loads of sense. :o

Thanks, Priceless, for the explanation. :D

How about the "Espagnole" sauce? Comes from Greece?

My other choices of good breakfasts are Mad Dogs on Moonmuang Rd., Art Cafe for its Poached Eggs on muffins with Hollandaise Sauce, Bake and Bite for its Breakfast Burritos.

Mad Dog has the cheapest English breakfast in town and it is tasty and filling as well.

Art Cafe and Bake and Bite are fighting it out for best American breakfast. They both have good hash brown potatoes, Eggs Benedict, ometets, buttermilk pancakes, waffles, French toast, cinnamon buns, etc. :o

Mad Dog has the cheapest English breakfast in town and it is tasty and filling as well.

Art Cafe and Bake and Bite are fighting it out for best American breakfast. They both have good hash brown potatoes, Eggs Benedict, ometets, buttermilk pancakes, waffles, French toast, cinnamon buns, etc. :o

But do they serve ALL BRAN without the raisons?

Here's the link to Mad Dog that I post every single time somebody makes a new thread about breakfasts! :o

Enjoy.

JxP

Man, sitting here at 0125hrs and after reading the posted link....

I'm frickin' HUNGRY!!!

Hehe! A couple of hours earlier and you could have ordered a delivery. I don't know if the breakfast is on the delivery menu but I do happen to know that they've just expanded the delivery menu from just the pizza menu to now include steaks, salads, fish, pork, beef and jacket potato dishes - the details aren't on the Mad Dog web site yet but just click through to go to the MealsOnWheels4U site and I'm sure you'll be able to find the rest.

Didn't help your hunger much though did I?! :D

Sorry OP, no further help yet from this corner!

JxP

• 2 months later...

Had a tremendous English style breakfast in the Queen Vic this morning. 160 baht for 2 slices of big bacon, one big pork sausage, beans, two eggs, tomato, sauteed potatoes with mushroom, onion and capsicum plus two slices of wholemeal toast, butter and jam plus a pot of tea. Bursting after it! Very friendly service and a lovely, clean pub with nice decor.

Also, comparing this to the UN Irish Pub's new style full breakfast for the same price, the Queen Vic wins hands down imo.

Try it and see.