Buying Sri Lankan Rupees At Svb

Xangsamhua

Is it possible to buy Sri Lankan rupees at Suvarnabhumi? The banks don't quote a rate, so presumably don't have them in town. Our flight gets in to Colombo just after midnight and I've heard it's not easy to get them at the airport there at that time.

Hi,

Actually I go regularly to Sri Lanka and arrive around the same time and the money exchange banks are open at Colombo airport. Rates are same as in Colombo as I recall. If for some reason they aren't open (why would that be????) there are ATM machines in the main terminal building.

I should be sitting on a beach now in Sri Lanka but since its the busy season I am freezing my butt off in Chiang Mai.

I was there a few months ago and the exchange opffices are open 24/7.

When you leave the arrivals area, after customs you will see them all hanging out of and over their offices all shouting at you to change money in their bank. The reates are all the same and from my experience they are similar to those offered outside the airport.

Not sure about them changing THB, I have never see the rate on their boards.

Get some small notes as well because taxi drivers, food stalls have no change.

Google : Commercial Bank, Hatton National Bank and see if they mention THB on their site. Keep in mind that there has been a scare here recently about fake 1000 notes so if you are bringing any of them with you, make sure that they are spotless and have all the watermarks.

If you need help or advice on places to stay, PM me and I can do what I can for you