Marmite

mr.buffalo

I'm a Marmite fan but have never seen Marmite in sachets at any of the popular European style stores, maybe we could make our own somehow as I also prefer Marmite to jam or marmalade at breakfast.

Probably around Soi Day/Night/

I've seen lots of people sashay around the streets there - and the breakfast offers are pretty good value.

But are they really doing Marmite ln sachets now? Never seen any. Suggest it to Villa Market or Friendship - they may take the trouble to import it, but it's probably an expensive way to get your daily vitamin B fix.

• 1 month later...
Probably around Soi Day/Night/

I've seen lots of people sashay around the streets there - and the breakfast offers are pretty good value.

But are they really doing Marmite ln sachets now? Never seen any. Suggest it to Villa Market or Friendship - they may take the trouble to import it, but it's probably an expensive way to get your daily vitamin B fix.

I'm a Marmite addict, sometimes have to resort to Vegemite, have a steady stream of people from UK. bringing VERY LARGE JARS here plus Boots Ear Plugs, more important than sustenance.

One told me that it is now banned in schools ,(didn't say you could not bring a sandwich), due to it's high salt content.

The prices here are ridiculous, but I suppose that goes for any imported food.

Edited by desertrat

It was banned in schools a good few years ago (Labour's diet police) but then Marmite reduced the salt content.

Just returned from 10 months in Vietnam - do not expect to find anything savoury there that's European style. I lost 15 kilos there. But it was affordable - all from my waist.