Eva Air Prices!

Lisaloo1977

Hi,

Firstly Merry Christmas to everyone and if you don't do Christmas i hope you all have a great 2009 despite all the doom and gloom. :o

I was hoping that someone could maybe help me out with some flight prices.

I have been looking at flights over to Thailand for Febuary onwards, we usually go for 6 weeks from start of december but as its son's first real Christmas that he understands, we put it off this year so that we could spend it with family here in Blighty.

We usually fly with Eva, and the price is usually alot better than i am finding at the moment. In the article regarding the TAT cutting hotel prices on another thread it mentions Eva and Thai are going to be cutting their prices soon, does anyone have anymore info on that?

With things being a little crazy in the world right now, i guess i thought that flights would become cheaper, but if anything they are going up?? I know Thai cut some routes, are others flollowing their lead?

Should i book something soon, or do you think some bargains will start appearing after the new year? I have found Jetairways for a fraction under £400 with a good connection that is very tempting. I would just rather fly with Eva or even Ethiad, if the connection was good.

Sorry for the waffle, it is so frustrating trying to time the booking right to get the best price. I do not have any experience of the January airline sales, as we are usually not looking having just come back.

Are they worth waiting for?

Thanks for any advice.

I flew with eva in november/december for 570gbp, but the ticket was issued yet in august, at the height of fuel crisis. Do expect prices to drop in january. At the beginning of the year I have bought for 600gbp flight with only one week advance with quantas/ba - they do fly directly to bangkok as well, worth watching them.

They are coming down ...£545..but ???.....however I noticed earlier Thai-TG doing a return for sumit like £485...London>Bangers but starts in April.

Our next Jolli will be March and a couple of dates I chucked in on Expedia gave me Etti at £392

The transfer time seems to have improved and I hear that they have /maybe moved into a new terminal in the 'Dhabbi'

so...lots of opts.........under 20,000 Bts.....r/t

:o £392.30 - Expedia Special Fare

20:40 Depart London (LHR)

Arrive Bangkok (BKK) 18:45 +1 day Tue 3-Mar

Duration: 15hr 5min Etihad Airways 18 / 408

Connect in Abu Dhabi (Abu Dhabi Intl.

20:15 Depart Bangkok (BKK)

Arrive London (LHR) 06:45 +1 day Tue 17-Mar

Duration: 17hr 30min Etihad Airways 401 / 11

Connect in Abu Dhabi (Abu Dhabi Intl.)

If you often come to Thailand, maybe it's worth buying Bangkok-London-Bangkok tickets in Thailand. EVA Air's current promotion to London is THB 25,000 plus tax and is valid for departures until 30 June. Cathay Pacific is THB 22,000 plus tax.

Here is good website for the latest deals for flights from Thailand www.moxtravel.com

If you often come to Thailand, maybe it's worth buying Bangkok-London-Bangkok tickets in Thailand. EVA Air's current promotion to London is THB 25,000 plus tax and is valid for departures until 30 June. Cathay Pacific is THB 22,000 plus tax.

Here is good website for the latest deals for flights from Thailand www.moxtravel.com

Sorry but with tax/charges of some B10k-11k, those fares come to several hundred pounds, so it's still much cheaper, to start from London than BKK.

Qatar were quoting me 27k + 10k for May, last week, but I expect cheaper-fares nearer the date, when they're trying to boost the emptier flights.

Sorry if it's a daft question, but is it possible to pay for a ticket in the UK in GBP for a flight starting from BKK?

yes, it's possible, but not travel agencies offer this option.

of course, you can buy directly from the airline website from any destination

Sorry if it's a daft question, but is it possible to pay for a ticket in the UK in GBP for a flight starting from BKK?

yes, it's possible, but not travel agencies offer this option.

of course, you can buy directly from the airline website from any destination

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I've tried this and I always end up with the price in THB once I've started from BKK.

Dial-a-Flight only gives me London departures.

I'll persevere - it's not like you need the ticket in your hand any more. I just want to charge it to my UK visa and pay it in GBP at UK prices, not in THB - unless of course it's the same either way?.

Maybe if you wait into the New Year than the price of a direct flight will drop but for the time-being you are not going to get much cheaper then Etihad as mentioned earlier. Coming in at just under £400.00 this represent's the cheapest ticket for a long time.

I booked with Qatar for a flight in the next 3 weeks (booked early November) and now its £100 odd dearer. It's just a matter of keep surfing the web for the best deals and booking it as soon as you see something good. Now that i've seen Etihad it's a little disappointing but that's the way it goes!!!

Good luck!!

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Going to hang on for a few more weeks and hope Eva have some cheaper ones. I would go for the Ethiad, but the hope of a cheaper direct flight is stopping me.

I did try to search for the review on Jetairways, but could not find it. Would you be ble to put up a link?

Thanks again everyone, cant wait to come back.

Everything that moves is on SALE over 'ere at 70% OFF so hopefully we will see BA-Thai-EVA selling tics at £100 quid return before too long....... :D

.......gotta be realistic....s'right init....

anyway back to Santa .........what did he bring me..... :o

Everything that moves is on SALE over 'ere at 70% OFF so hopefully we will see BA-Thai-EVA selling tics at £100 quid return before too long....... :wai:

.......gotta be realistic....s'right init....

anyway back to Santa .........what did he bring me..... :o

to follow up with that famous chaps saying.........

'I Just Dont Be Leeeve it'... :D

Went down to old Woolies today ......FYI...Woolworths and not only is the discounts 90% OFF but Buy one get One FREE

wiffee plus half of Londons Thai femail population seem to have been (her friends) there saying that prices here in UK are MUCH cheaper than anything they could ever buy in LOS.....albiet its basically a fire sale....dont they have them in Bangers?

Anyway we managed to kit out half the kids in our local (Mae-On ) school for about £20 so tomorrow its off to M&S for their Ties....wot. :D .....

:D90 % OFF brings tears to yer eyes.........

Now if only TG did the same thing..................might have to one day..... :D

Can somebody tell me what I am doing wrong.

I have tried all the websites mentioned here to get a flight back to the UK mid Jan as I need to see my ailing father before he passes away.

The cheapest I have found is $1,000 or 31,000 baht (both around the £600 mark). People keep talking about tickets for £400 or less, but I can't find 'em. Any ideas?

Would prefer from Manchester but happy to go from Heathrow if an Eva flight direct. Looking at going end of march, any time from about the 26th for 3 weeks.

I hope they are going to go down again as they shot up by about £150 on Kayak for that period. I am thinking it is so they can claim to be having great sales soon, whilst really just putting them to the previous prices.

Would prefer from Manchester but happy to go from Heathrow if an Eva flight direct. Looking at going end of march, any time from about the 26th for 3 weeks.

I hope they are going to go down again as they shot up by about £150 on Kayak for that period. I am thinking it is so they can claim to be having great sales soon, whilst really just putting them to the previous prices.

It may be because your dates include Songkhran.