Bangkok Softball League

bangkoks got a great slowpitch softball league--mostly expats but all are welcome

season lasts from jan to april and most games are played at polo club on soi polo near uS Embassy

PM or reply if u would like to join a team

Best bet to "recruit" softball players --- visit UnitedFilipinosInThailand google Not many in thailand plays softball - but Filpinos , YES ... its one of their better participated sports.... United Filipinos is a social org.... & they r quite involved in sports..

U must be a Singaporean - they do play softball in Singapore - try also the Singapore Embassy @ Sathorn South Rd... post notice there.../Singapore-Thai Association..??!!!

Any sports is good ..... keep at it...

bangkoks got a great slowpitch softball league--mostly expats but all are welcome

season lasts from jan to april and most games are played at polo club on soi polo near uS Embassy

PM or reply if u would like to join a team

Best bet to "recruit" softball players --- visit UnitedFilipinosInThailand google Not many in thailand plays softball - but Filpinos , YES ... its one of their better participated sports.... United Filipinos is a social org.... & they r quite involved in sports..

U must be a Singaporean - they do play softball in Singapore - try also the Singapore Embassy @ Sathorn South Rd... post notice there.../Singapore-Thai Association..??!!!

Any sports is good ..... keep at it...

I played for several years in this league and there was always players available. I was fortunate to play on some of the better teams, but everyone had fun and the players normally came from the US, Thailand (they play fast pitch in the universities) and Japan. The Japanese have a baseball league here and some like to cross over and play softball.

Anyone who works out at the local gyms in Bangkok can find players. Also, check out the American Chamber as guys coming in with the MNC's often play and also several players come in from the military.

Good luck!

When I read the OP I originally thought that it might be fun but after reading that lots of the players are in university, the military or Japanese hardball players it scared me off. Most of these guys would probably be 30+ years younger than I. Can I just stop by and check it out before I commit to joining up?

When I read the OP I originally thought that it might be fun but after reading that lots of the players are in university, the military or Japanese hardball players it scared me off. Most of these guys would probably be 30+ years younger than I. Can I just stop by and check it out before I commit to joining up?

Come on, you can do it. I was over 40 when I played and I wasn't the oldest in the league (OK, I was one of the oldest), but it is great fun. You will love it. Go for it.

Come on, you can do it. I was over 40 when I played and I wasn't the oldest in the league (OK, I was one of the oldest), but it is great fun. You will love it. Go for it.

Let me add to the above - as the OP mentioned, this is a slow pitch league. Hardball players and fast pitch softball players have no advantage. Guys who swing hard normally pop the ball up. I am sure the league hasn't changed and if it hasn't, there are players from all levels. You won't run into any former pro's in this league. One guy I played with was in his 50's and he was one of the best players out there.

Groongthep, you will enjoy it.

OK, I'll check it out. BTW, I'm not just over 40 I'm in my mid-50's. I'll put some Geritol in my gatorade and wear my Depends. :o

OK, I'll check it out. BTW, I'm not just over 40 I'm in my mid-50's. I'll put some Geritol in my gatorade and wear my Depends. :o

If you can still hit a line drive and run the bases, you will have a great time. They allow a rover (10 in the field) so that part isn't that tough. For me, the spirit is willing, but ....

as far as i know= there are no japanese playing in the league now--and there are lots of guys over 40 , several over 50 and even some over 60

i know lots of filipinos in thailand and none of them play softball--basketball is their favorite sport.

come check it out

old man river?/- are u a dentist????

as far as i know= there are no japanese playing in the league now--and there are lots of guys over 40 , several over 50 and even some over 60

i know lots of filipinos in thailand and none of them play softball--basketball is their favorite sport.

come check it out

old man river?/- are u a dentist????

I see the league has changed a bit. At the time the oldest was near 50, but he may well be one of the 60 year olds still playing.

I am not a dentist.

I am sure the league is still as much fun now as it was when I played. Back then we mostly played at the Polo Club, NIST, and ISB, but also had a few games at the old military academy (what is now Suan Lum Night Bazaar).

Enjoy!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm really interested in this.

I have played baseball since my 15th. Later on we changed over to softball because the

baseball competition was played in the weekends and most players had other stuff to do then(family/children).

Later on again the whole team broke up as it was a constant battle to get enough players on the field.

So I gave up playing. But I still have my gloves. I was'nt aware that they play softball in bangkok.

Would be great to play again. problem is that I work outside thailand very irreguarly. Next week I go to vietnam for about 7-8 weeks.

So nobody can count on my that i will be there every training and match.

Guido

• 10 months later...

I would love to join a softball league here in Bangkok. One of the things I miss most about living over here is that I haven't been able to play. I played for many years on my fire department softball team in Northern California and I hope to be able to play over here. Please let me know who I can contact so I can make sure I am signed up for next season. Thank you.

-Noah