A Bohica Christmas Gift From Los!

capco1

Here's the deal, we have a six year old daughter who is staying at my mother in laws house in LOS, we send her a Christmas package from the States (kids stuff), we spend $100.00 to purchase the gifts, another $110.00 to ship them (most came from somewhere is Asia to start with) and when my mother in law gets notice to pick up the box at the post office they inform her that there is a new fee in place for imported items and that she either pays 885 baht or the post office will keep the package!!! <deleted>!!......Of course my mother in law calls us at midnight all upset because she has to pay the tax. We've been sending gifts to LOS for years and have never been charged an import tax, has anybody heard of this crap before?.....Anyway......Merry Christmas Thai style!!

Here's the deal, we have a six year old daughter who is staying at my mother in laws house in LOS, we send her a Christmas package from the States (kids stuff), we spend $100.00 to purchase the gifts, another $110.00 to ship them (most came from somewhere is Asia to start with) and when my mother in law gets notice to pick up the box at the post office they inform her that there is a new fee in place for imported items and that she either pays 885 baht or the post office will keep the package!!! <deleted>!!......Of course my mother in law calls us at midnight all upset because she has to pay the tax. We've been sending gifts to LOS for years and have never been charged an import tax, has anybody heard of this crap before?.....Anyway......Merry Christmas Thai style!!

Yep, had it a few times when I have had stuff sent over. It's all pretty random though. Got stung for tax on 10 DVD's worth hardly anything, but paid nothing on other packages that were far in excess of $500, go figure.

Yes

I think that most of us here have had some duty slapped on packages on occassion. I now have mine sent from the US to my partner here and have a label in English and Thai and since I started that have not had them try for import duty (but the duty charge is legal and due in most circumstances)