New Immigration Notice

but does makes it clear there is no more 90 day rule.

Does it??

I agree there is no mention, but there is also no mention that the rule has been cancelled.

So the rule is still there, waiting to be dusted off and reused at some later date. :o

For the time being Mario's interpretation is probably correct.

but does makes it clear there is no more 90 day rule.

Does it??

I agree there is no mention, but there is also no mention that the rule has been cancelled.

So the rule is still there, waiting to be dusted off and reused at some later date. :o

For the time being Mario's interpretation is probably correct.

The 90 day rule was introduced with article 3 of police order 608/2549. That was the legal basis of the 90 day rule. With police order 778/2551 article 3 has been amended and no longer contains the 90 day rule. Therefor the 90 day rule no longer exists. Instead art. 3 now states that an alien can enter Thailand as often as he wants on a visa exempt entry (if qualify for visa exempt entry).

If you are saying that the 90 day rule can be resurected, yes it can. Rules do change. But currently there is no 90 day rule anymore.

Immigration just posted a new notice on it's website: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/2noti...RTP778_2551.pdf

Thai and English

regarding the 30/15 day visa exempt entry. Doesn't seem to change anything, but does makes it clear there is no more 90 day rule.

Any person who have a passport or document in lieu of

passport is authorized to stay temporary for touring in the

kingdom as provided in section 13 (3) of the ministerial

regulation (prescribe about principles, process, visaing, visa

exemption, visa change) as this follow:

13(3) Any person is authorized to enter the kingdom by

many times. The period of time which one is authorized to

stay is not exceeding 30 days from the day that alien enter the

kingdom.

Only if said alien enter the kingdom thought the proper

route of Immigration checkpoint which located at border of

Thailand, said alien shall be authorized to stay is not

exceeding 15 days from the day that alien enter the kingdom

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I do agree that the 90 Day rule seems to be gone...

BUT....

Doesn't this new rule also eliminate ALL Tourist Visas OVER 30 days??????

Amazing Thailand ????

CS

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I do agree that the 90 Day rule seems to be gone...

BUT....

Doesn't this new rule also eliminate ALL Tourist Visas OVER 30 days??????

Amazing Thailand ????

CS

It is refering to Visa Exempt Entries.

This is the Sunbelt Translation of the rule. Comparing the old rule with the new one.

This is the Sunbelt Translation of the rule. Comparing the old rule with the new one.

Having just read Sunbelt's translation of the new ruling dated November 25th (thank you for posting btw), can somebody please tell me when land borders actually began enacting this change down to 15-days?

You see, when I crossed the Ban Laem land border on November 30th I got 30-days, so I'm curious to know exactly when this ruling started being enforced. :o

The Sunbelt translation does confirm that the new order replaces the old one...

To cancel and replace Point number 3 of the National Police Order Number 608/2549 (2006) dated

September 8th, 2549 (2006) with the following

That was not clear, or stated, in the link to the Thai site,

hence the 90 day rule has gone.

The Sunbelt translation does confirm that the new order replaces the old one...
To cancel and replace Point number 3 of the National Police Order Number 608/2549 (2006) dated

September 8th, 2549 (2006) with the following

That was not clear, or stated, in the link to the Thai site,

hence the 90 day rule has gone.

Hmmm...very interestin'. I'm wondering how many of the month-to-month crowd will now revert back to now doing a visa run every 15-days? Until October, 2006 I must confess that I had been doing the 30-day trip but now I've had a taste of Laos, I must say that I actually enjoy the day I'm forced to take in Vientiane, even though the travelling can sometimes be a bit of a pain. :D

It's great to have a decent curry and the bread; wow, not to mention Beer Lao of course - is absolutely; well, "c'est formidable!"

Of course, if I were living in Southern Thailand, I think the idea of going to Malaysia every 15-days and stocking-up, then xxxx duty free, would be a good enough incentive not to get another visa - until (of course) the rules change again. Anywayz...

Finally, thanks Lite Beer and ubonjoe for answering my inquiry. :o

Ok, maybe I'm dense but this means the 90-day reporting requirement is kaput? If I walk into Jomtien Immigration to report they'll smile and tell me to go home? I'm here on a one-year retirement visa.

It is not in reference to 90 day reporting. You still have to make 90 day reports,

It is about the old rule for visa exempt entries that limited those to 90 days in 6 months.