Any Idea On How To Deal With Indian Tourists

I find it very reasonable for people demanding special diets to demand the hotel help them have their special food. If the hotel has lots of Indian clients and fails to respond to customer demand with some Indian choices, it is common courtesy to heat up an instant packet on request. Whats the big deal? It would be outrageous if someone brings in a food similar to what you offer and ask for that free, but that is not what is described. There are many examples of this. Perhaps a person is on a gluten free diet and they can't trust your kitchen. Common courtesy to make special accommodations. BTW, it is the CHINESE who are most commonly called the Jews of the East not the Indians, because of the way they have communities all over Asia and are usually more successful and better educated than the locals.

perhaps i made up the saying.

No, you didn't make up the saying, you're simply mistaken. Jingthing is absolutely correct in his assertion that the Jews of the East saying commonly applies to the Chinese.

if you have travelled to india you'd know what i'm talking about,i spent 6 weeks there and IMO they are the jews of the east,just have to agree to disagree,am not talking about who coined the phrase first.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Less than 1% of Indians from India travel abroad. These Indians are wealthy and always get their way back home, pay next to nothing, click their fingers and demand the best. They then take this attitude abroad with them. This can be extremely uncomfortable for those on the other end.

I could not cope with such demeaning attitude, and would have to tell them where to get off(unless it was a genuine complaint).

Financially,India is doing well at the moment, so expect more of them traveling abroad. I think they'll get unstuck when they start to come to Europe, with that attitude.

where did u het that statisic from 1 %. have u ever been to south hall in england or houslow or half of london. what a load of curry sauce

It is the same in the US. I manage a store that has about 5% Indian customers and about 75% of the complaints. I have seen and heard some of the most ridiculous requests. Most of these I just laugh off and walk away from the customer because they are so trivial in nature. We have had to adjust some of our policies/procedures just to deal with such a small part of our revenue.

I once did a return for a middle-aged Indian customer consisting of a few dollars. At the end he asked me, "Candy bar for weight?" I said you want a candy bar to lose weight? He said, "No, candy bar for weight?" Oh, I said, you want a candy bar to "gain" weight. He said, "No, No. I want candy bar for me have to wait for you to refund money." I started laughing once I realized why he really wanted the candy bar. I said, "Oh, you want candy bar for waiting." He said beaming from ear to ear, "Yes, Please!" With a deadpan look, I said No and walked away. By the way, he was returning Halloween candy the morning after Halloween.

AT some point in time you would think they would realize that they are not in Mumbai anymore and that haggling/bargaining is not acceptable in many places in the world.