Phuket Motorcycle Clubs

Arthur88

Recently barrybiker posted link to very impressive list of Thailand MC's . My base is in Phang Nga, not much action there, therefore decided to check Phuket scene.

Mangmoom, Sunriders, Phuket MC, Black Rose, Ghost Riders and few other chapters.

I own 2 bikes, HD and Gixxer.

Anyway, had a chance to meet some few guys and they were quite friendly. I met them while riding HD, had a few drinks, chit-chat and so. Couple of days later I stumble upon them while riding sport suzuki and stopped to say hi. Their attitude instantly changed towards me, had no idea what a hel_l is going on? Apparently they were kinda disappointed to see me riding sport bike. Days ago they were offering club membership and now all of a sudden they won't even look at me? I mean, whats the deal here? It's not as if I was desperate to join them but if friendship depends on my ride....<deleted> it...

Went to certain "big" MC and met some guy who is heavily into mc protocol, cant remember his name. He kept talking about their guided tours blah blah....Dude, I had a feeling he was talking about geriatric bus tour without the bus. Where is adventure? You can dress it up but come on, no guts no glory. I mean, golden rule is: if you have to make reservations, it is not an adventure.

Checked out another club recently mentioned on this forum but they were too old for me. Ok bunch but always drunk, gallery of ugly women with them...real sorry sight.

Sent mail to 3 other clubs, just 1 replied and oh boy am I glad I spoke to him. Friendly, lots of knowledge and most important not wannabe tough guy biker gang member (1%er) as often seen around. No politics, just rides and kick ass bike fleet. Told him I ride HD without mentioning my gixxer and he said I would be 1st harley in the group. All other bikes are adventure or sport, nevertheless they took me into their fold. No membership fees either, even though I'd pay gladly if asked. Gave me beautiful t-shirt, patches, logos etc - all for free. Their members are from 6-7 different countries and all get along unlike some other groups based on nationality or type of ride.

I hear there a many more ride groups, clubs and similar here in Phuket but with lots of internal politics and squabling. Funny thing, most of dissent comes from westerners, Brits in particular while Thais are very cool. What is so big deal? Can't they all just get along without listening their envious Thai wifes who most of the time start drama because other dude has better looking bike or wife?

Even though I spent years with some really cool bike outfits in USA, never seen such negative attitudes. Apart from genuine biker gangs, everyone is friendly and glad to have you even as a guest. How do you explain this?

I know, long rant and perhaps no big deal. Had to throw in my 0.02.

Recently barrybiker posted link to very impressive list of Thailand MC's . My base is in Phang Nga, not much action there, therefore decided to check Phuket scene.

Mangmoom, Sunriders, Phuket MC, Black Rose, Ghost Riders and few other chapters.

I own 2 bikes, HD and Gixxer.

Anyway, had a chance to meet some few guys and they were quite friendly. I met them while riding HD, had a few drinks, chit-chat and so. Couple of days later I stumble upon them while riding sport suzuki and stopped to say hi. Their attitude instantly changed towards me, had no idea what a hel_l is going on? Apparently they were kinda disappointed to see me riding sport bike. Days ago they were offering club membership and now all of a sudden they won't even look at me? I mean, whats the deal here? It's not as if I was desperate to join them but if friendship depends on my ride....<deleted> it...

Went to certain "big" MC and met some guy who is heavily into mc protocol, cant remember his name. He kept talking about their guided tours blah blah....Dude, I had a feeling he was talking about geriatric bus tour without the bus. Where is adventure? You can dress it up but come on, no guts no glory. I mean, golden rule is: if you have to make reservations, it is not an adventure.

Checked out another club recently mentioned on this forum but they were too old for me. Ok bunch but always drunk, gallery of ugly women with them...real sorry sight.

Sent mail to 3 other clubs, just 1 replied and oh boy am I glad I spoke to him. Friendly, lots of knowledge and most important not wannabe tough guy biker gang member (1%er) as often seen around. No politics, just rides and kick ass bike fleet. Told him I ride HD without mentioning my gixxer and he said I would be 1st harley in the group. All other bikes are adventure or sport, nevertheless they took me into their fold. No membership fees either, even though I'd pay gladly if asked. Gave me beautiful t-shirt, patches, logos etc - all for free. Their members are from 6-7 different countries and all get along unlike some other groups based on nationality or type of ride.

I hear there a many more ride groups, clubs and similar here in Phuket but with lots of internal politics and squabling. Funny thing, most of dissent comes from westerners, Brits in particular while Thais are very cool. What is so big deal? Can't they all just get along without listening their envious Thai wifes who most of the time start drama because other dude has better looking bike or wife?

Even though I spent years with some really cool bike outfits in USA, never seen such negative attitudes. Apart from genuine biker gangs, everyone is friendly and glad to have you even as a guest. How do you explain this?

I know, long rant and perhaps no big deal. Had to throw in my 0.02.

G'day Arthur,

I'm not big on the MC club thing but would always be keen on catching up for a ride I have a new Nightster Sportster , I'm not to old ... I think!! If 37 is old ???

I live in Phuket and work off shore here in thailand any way if you'er heading to Phuket or want catch up just drop me a e-mail.

I have'nt meet to many other people here.

Cheers,

Coatesy.

One of the many reasons I have no desire for any affiliation with these clubs is the 'we ride cruisers' or 'we ride xx' to them..

Add in crazy things like on a ride your all supposed to have a rank, with the 'leader' riding front and ranking backwards, no position movement.. I remember some laughable outcry from one of the local clubs when they mistakenly gave member t shirts to 'supporters'.. Demanding them back.. The whole 'president' vice president' 'vice vice sub president' etc.. Lads its a bike club not a bisiness title..

A few mates to go for rides with.. Sure great.. Having a grouping to organise some BBQ's or days out.. Again sure.. but all this hierarchy stuff.. Makes me laugh..

I have pretty much good idea who these guys are. Yes, very cool group. No club officers, ranks and similar crap.

Will be joining them shortly. See you soon arthur :o

• 4 weeks later...
U guys are no fun......

For the record, Team 27 in Singapore is part of the organising committee for 3NCR.

Various smaller groups of just groups of riders will piggyback on team27 on the 3NCR events.

Team 27 is the go to people regards to handling accidents be it fatal or not or information about any Singaporean bikers fatality in Malaysia and Thailand.

They are also the 1st to disseminate information to the rest of the Singapore Bike Groups in the events of Singapore Bikers death and serious accidents in Malaysia and Thailand.

they are the bearer of bad news, but news we need to know of our fella bikers.

I have pretty much good idea who these guys are. Yes, very cool group. No club officers, ranks and similar crap.

Will be joining them shortly. See you soon arthur :o

Well what options to join a club are here in phuket