Flights To Drop By 25%

crudy21

Speaking to a bloke in the pub last night and he reckons flight prices are going to drop by 25% in the new year, he wouldnt reveal his sources but says he read it on the internet!!

Just done a search for my preferred dates in Jan and its coming up at less than £430 from Manchester with Etihad, good connections too. Very temped to book but i would like another airline really i.e. CI or KLM to boost my points and/or upgrade.

Do you well educated guys reckon there is any truth in this guys ramblings?

Speaking to a bloke in the pub last night and he reckons flight prices are going to drop by 25% in the new year, he wouldnt reveal his sources but says he read it on the internet!!

Just done a search for my preferred dates in Jan and its coming up at less than £430 from Manchester with Etihad, good connections too. Very temped to book but i would like another airline really i.e. CI or KLM to boost my points and/or upgrade.

If his name was Willie Walsh or Michael Bishop then you're in with a chance, otherwise you should probably ........ get real!

I've been looking at 6 month tickets BKK to the UK - costs around £800.

BUT UK - BKK for the same dates is about £500.

I would think there is a strong possibility of a drop in BKK-UK flight prices but not the other way around.

If his name was Willie Walsh or Michael Bishop then you're in with a chance, otherwise you should probably ........ get real!

Tommy Thompson actually. It seems you may be the one who needs to ''get real''!

Willie Walsh, CEO of British Airways, Michael Bishop, CEO British Midland, they are the sort of people who might have an idea about next years pricing, get the idea now!

With the ecomonic downturn 20,000 baht for a return flight from London to Bangers sounds about right....init... :D

but do I hear 15k.......

Hotel rooms at 999 could also be en-thai-cing....for 2009-10--11-12.........and realistic.to start with....gotta get real but of course...tit :o

I've been looking at 6 month tickets BKK to the UK - costs around £800.

BUT UK - BKK for the same dates is about £500.

I would think there is a strong possibility of a drop in BKK-UK flight prices but not the other way around.

This is my experience also. Frustrating, isn't it?

In the end, I plumped for Air Asia X out of KL and then bought a separate Air Asia connecting flight to the Kok.

Thai Airways was always my preferred airline but they priced themselves out of the (my) market. I continued to check regularly and have just booked Auckland/Bangkok for $1,360 which is cheaper than any other airline offering the same direct flight. I asked the travel agent and she said it was because of a large scale reduction in their surcharges. I am not smart enough to understand the goings on with these surcharges and what drives them but I do know I am happy with the deal I just got.

T

Laphraoig - it is because of a huge drop in the fuel surcharge a bit over a week ago. And there was a smaller one a few weeks before that. Australia/Thailand flights are $300 (AU) less now than they were 2 months ago, because of the fuel surcharge. Thai airways is now doable again for me too

Flights from Australia (Sydney) have dropped just to-day from approx $1,300 return to approx $970 for Feb 2009,this is with thai Air,or a little cheaper with B/A.

Im gutted,would have saved about 500 quid,bought in start december,was told the same,flights only going up ,paid 1950 for 2 adult 2 kids direct with eva for 21 march till 21 april.But would have got the cheaper flight with short change with jet and saved 500 pounds.

Unfortunately I have to fly a fair bit at the moment. I just bought another airfare between Australia & Thailand with thai airways & this one was $700 cheaper than the last ticket, that was with thai airways....i could of gone cheaper airline again, but the flights didnt suit.