New Pickup Model, Upgrade In 2009 Coming?

ALFREDO

I would like to change my old Ranger Limited 4x4 Top model 2003, the power output and performance is today against all the new stronger cars a little low.

But until now, I am not sure, which car is preferable.

Strong, 4 doors and maybe 4x4.

thanks, did you see something on the motorshow?

Edited by ALFREDO

Howdee my ole mate Alf.

Not sure how much cash you want to part with, but I saw a new model Toyota Hilux 4x4 the other day with full leather & it was looking real sweet. Something about the 4x4 & the height of it that makes em look sweeter. Good strong motor in the turbo diesel & fuel economy depeding on how you drive it. Check out the new toyota information on the thai toyota website.....a little birdy had a whisper in my ear that Toyota may be looking at some specials in the very near future. :o

Lot's of good deals on New Ranger, 2.5 TDCi, Open Cab. Look at an '08 model for around 370,000 Baht.

Okay, as you know it's not quite four doors, but all the same it looks like the best value truck in LOS.

Neverdie,

thanks for your friendly greeting.

From the Toyota engine I am impressed, yes!

I drive that engine in the Light bodied 2 door 2x2 Vigo my girlfriend has in her family, very good.

With the BIG Toyota Vigo, 4x4 I drove that once, 2 years ago and it was same a big ship, did not make me feel good.

Maybe the new Model is different, but its still a lot of metal!

MJP,

Ford, yes possible, but than it has to be the 3l 4 door version, I have 2 kids and always some mor family with me. The price range is not so important. The power and how the car behaves on the road is.

So no new stronger engines this coming year, Chevrolet?

Kind Regards, Alfred

Neverdie,

thanks for your friendly greeting.

From the Toyota engine I am impressed, yes!

I drive that engine in the Light bodied 2 door 2x2 Vigo my girlfriend has in her family, very good.

With the BIG Toyota Vigo, 4x4 I drove that once, 2 years ago and it was same a big ship, did not make me feel good.

Maybe the new Model is different, but its still a lot of metal!

MJP,

Ford, yes possible, but than it has to be the 3l 4 door version, I have 2 kids and always some mor family with me. The price range is not so important. The power and how the car behaves on the road is.

So no new stronger engines this coming year, Chevrolet?

Kind Regards, Alfred

I've been in the new 2.5L Ranger. Pulls like a train!

The 3.0L has 380 ft/lb of torque! Blimey Charlie! There's something honest and a bit 'Tonka' about the Ford. If I had one (got a D-Max boredom special at the moment) I'd put the wife in the load bay and keep a small pony in the passenger seat.

Listen, if you've got loads of money, fancy selling me that 2003 Ranger on the cheap?

:o

MJP,

I go home for some weeks, in Februar when I come back, we can talk about everything.

Its a cow coloured Ford Ranger Limited 4x4 Year 2003 with grey leather and he has the load bay closed.

So nobody sees your wife there inside!

135 thousand km on the clock.

So, up to you, we can talk in some weeks.

By the way, I thought I will have some more Information and ideas to get to read in that Thread.

Really no new things in the 2009 Thai Pick up market?

By Alfred

MJP,

I go home for some weeks, in Februar when I come back, we can talk about everything.

Its a cow coloured Ford Ranger Limited 4x4 Year 2003 with grey leather and he has the load bay closed.

So nobody sees your wife there inside!

135 thousand km on the clock.

So, up to you, we can talk in some weeks.

By the way, I thought I will have some more Information and ideas to get to read in that Thread.

Really no new things in the 2009 Thai Pick up market?

By Alfred

Sorry dude I was only kidding. I want to buy a good bike, but they are SAVAGE money in LOS.

Shoe leather appears to be the future.

Alfredo

I was at the Ford Dealers in Nakhon Sawan last week and they gave me a price list.

I am sorry but is in Thai and it looks as though there is 0% finance.

Double cabs start from around 691,000 for a 2.5 turbo diesel up to 693,000 for the Wildtrak and on to 847,000 for the top of the range 3.0 turbo diesel.

We have had a 2.5 turbo diesel since Dec 2001 with 183,000 on the clock and only minor repairs mainly due to the dents and scrapes. All my own doing as my wife is a better driver than me.

If I could afford a new pickup in the current economic climate I would go for another Ford Ranger.

I used a Toyota Hilux in PNG for 4 months and was less than impressed by it and also a Mitsubishi in New Zealand for a month and I don't like the look of them at all, and I found them not so comfortable either.

Alfredo

I was at the Ford Dealers in Nakhon Sawan last week and they gave me a price list.

Double cabs start from around 691,000 for a 2.5 turbo diesel up to 693,000 for the Wildtrak and on to 847,000 for the top of the range 3.0 turbo diesel.

We have had a 2.5 turbo diesel since Dec 2001 with 183,000 on the clock and only minor repairs mainly due to the dents and scrapes. All my own doing as my wife is a better driver than me.

If I could afford a new pickup in the current economic climate I would go for another Ford Ranger.

I used a Toyota Hilux in PNG for 4 months and was less than impressed by it and also a Mitsubishi in New Zealand for a month and I don't like the look of them at all, and I found them not so comfortable either.

Alfredo

Got to agree. The old woman bought a D-Max and it is a good tough truck. But my choice would be the Ranger.

Grant, billd766, MJP

Ford would be ok with me, I like my Ford,

also I had nearly a go for the new Navara.

But I was not so impressed from the engine when I drove the 4 door 4x4 version from the Navara.

Maybe I drive to often the light weight 2 door Vigo 2x2 with the strong 163 HP engine.

Thats a good combination, and how this car is driving!

I would like to feel that in a 4x4, 4 door.

So you need power, but the weight and design and lay out difference.

Nothing will drive than similar.

The FORD-MAX, YES, 2 door, ok and also in that LAMBORGHINI colour!

BUT WHEN??? and what engine is inside there?

By Alfred

• 2 months later...
Alfredo

The Ranger is designed in Germany, the engines come from Germany too.

The inside dimensions of the Ranger are based on a standard European male.

Dimensions of the Japan & Korean models are base on an international standard male, which is a smaller male.

For most Caucasians the Ford feels more comfy because of the standard internal dimensions.

The Ford engines are made for the Ranger, and the Thai-built Ranger is also imported into Germany, but only in 2,5 form

So no problem with the quality.

Besides, a 2,5 diesel is a very sweet running motor.

The 3,0 is a wee bit rougher around the edges.

But both are very dependable indeed.

Edited by hansnl

heard a whisper from someone who works for toyota that there is to be an upgraded vigo due out soon

Is it a facelift....different grill and seat trim or a complete new model?

was told it was a new model, this was from a falang who works for toyota, heard this 3 months ago but have seen nothing more since. The time frame he was mentioning was to be out around songkran.