Thaksin Supporters To Rally During Two-day Parliament Meeting

george

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looking at Thai tv at the 3rd attempt for Police to push back the redones, gates closed again :D

TiT :o

This would have been a better posting if you used an image of the Oct police actions with tear gas to push back the crowds :D .... just ask our favorite news poster....

One a different note, I wonder how long this will go on for, and if it will stay peacefull

:o prosecute the PAD for copyright violation!

opp_logo.gif

Only the PAD logo showed fists surronding a bird.... All too fitting the fist represent those "peaceful" protestors and the bird is the airplane.... The logo fits thier actions pefect!

Edited by MyphuketLife

Or is this another case of "I abhor violence except..."?

You read me posting that putting a picture from Oct with a news article about protests today is missleading, and you take away from it, that I don't abhor the violence in the picture featured with the wrong article? Interesting.... That "logical connection" makes me understand allot about your other posts on this forum.

Edited by MyphuketLife

If, as everyone knew, the PPP were to be dissolved how could they call an election ?????

They would have been dissolved and banned half way through the election campaign ?

Simple. PM-Somchai dissolves the house, and calls an election, PPP are subsequently dissolved by the courts. PTP fight the election, on their platform of being Thaksin's latest nominees, and get a larger (or smaller) share of the vote & seats.

There's no escaping the fact, Somchai could have done this, having lost the support of the police & army & some of his temporary-coalition partners, but didn't. Instead he chose (or was ordered) to press ahead, with the constitutional changes, which led directly to further confrontation & bad consequences for the whole country.

Now the boot is on the other foot, the red-shirts are making their legal & mainly-peaceful protests, hopefully without generating too much adverse publicity for Thailand, in the international media. Good Luck to them ... it is their right to protest ! And I wouldn't wish the police to go in mob-handed, with tear-gas or whatever-else, and hospitalise them.:o

Now the boot is on the other foot, the red-shirts are making their legal & mainly-peaceful protests, hopefully without generating too much adverse publicity for Thailand, in the international media. Good Luck to them ... it is their right to protest ! And I wouldn't wish the police to go in mob-handed, with tear-gas or whatever-else, and hospitalise them. :o

I hope the red will take al the Thai airports peacefully. It is their right to take the airports, just like it is the right of the PAD to take the airports. DM, Swampy, Phuket, HadYai & Krabi.

opp_logo.gif

Only the PAD logo showed fists surronding a bird.... All too fitting the fist represent those "peaceful" protestors and the bird is the airplane.... The logo fits thier actions pefect!

Again, I repeat,

the 4 clasped arms are

not fists, but hands clasping arms, lifting a greater weight through cooperation'.

THAT is why Oppenheimer is using a similar logo. Obvious to an unbiased observer.

So your observation of this logo is not "pefect".

Edited by animatic

Now the boot is on the other foot, the red-shirts are making their legal & mainly-peaceful protests, hopefully without generating too much adverse publicity for Thailand, in the international media. Good Luck to them ... it is their right to protest ! And I wouldn't wish the police to go in mob-handed, with tear-gas or whatever-else, and hospitalise them. :o

I hope the red will take al the Thai airports peacefully. It is their right to take the airports, just like it is the right of the PAD to take the airports. DM, Swampy, Phuket, HadYai & Krabi.

It was never PAD's right to take the airports; And it has been said to be going to the courts.

I think everyone now sees the negative consequences of another airport take over.

So since the powers that be are more content that Thaksin's minions are not at the levers of state control,

the police will be acting more forcefully to prevent further seizures. Fair... nope, but who said life's fair?

If teargas is used it will be CHECKED OUT this time in advance no exploding version. a

And you can bet the BORDER GUARDS will NOT be leading the charge to control or oust the protestors.

The Border Guards were much of the problem Oct 7th.

Govt to deliver policy speech at Foreign Ministry: spokesman

The government will deliver its policy statement to parliamentarians at the Foreign Ministry, the spokesman of the Democrat Party said.

Coalition MPs have gathered at the ministry for the policy debate.

The Nation

Opposition to boycott policy debate at Foreign Ministry

Opposition chief whip Witthaya Buranasiri said the opposition will boycott the policy debate at the Foreign Ministry.

He said the government could not change the venue of the debate on its own without consulting Parliament first.

He said the change of the venue was the administration's interference in the legislative branch's affairs.

The Nation

Police chief arrives at Metropolitan Police head office

Police Commissioner-General Pol Gen Phatcharawat Wongsuwan arrived at the Metropolitan Police head office Monday morning to monitor the protest outside Parliament.

Phatcharawat told reporters that police were still in control of the situation.

The Nation

Deja Vu? :o

My husband and I will join the rally today.

Talk to you all later.

Consider obtaining legal representation! :o

Deputy Metropolitan Police chief Pol Maj-Gen Amnuay Nimmano said the UDD had the right to demonstrate but must not break the law.

If they tried to seize the parliament grounds to disrupt the government's delivery of its policy statement on Monday they would be arrested for insurrection.

He insisted he had no prejudice against either red or yellow shirts.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/8534

Breakingnews » Breakingnews

Policy delivery takes place at Foreign Ministry

By: BangkokPost.com

Published: 30/12/2008 at 10:22 AM

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva and cabinet members decided to deliver the policy statement to parliament at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

After leaving the Democrat party head office on Tuesday morning, the premier and entourage travelled to the Army Club in preparation to enter the parliament building. They left the Army Club via a parade of vans at 9.20am but changed their destination to the Foreign Affairs Ministry.

Mr Abhisit and his cabinet decided to use the Foreign Ministry to deliver the policy statement to the parliament, as police failed to drive out many United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) protesters who were rallying in front of the parliament.

opp_logo.gif

You cannot claim Copyright on a logo, it's called a [registered] trademark dispute.

And they aren't close enough in art or in similar fields [of business] to warrant a intervention by a court.

Looks like the ole red shirts have been outmanouvered here. They wont get the violence they need. The policy statement will be made. The government will move on. Without Newin the red shirts also will struggle to get the numbers they need.

Abhisit has chosen a very clever and careful tact. Avoid confrontation and violence and appear utterly reasonable while the red shirts havent even gioven the government a grace period to prove their intentions which is something the yellow did. Tactically the red shirts need to back away from this appearance of unreasonbleness which is losing them the democratic high ground rapidly. In fact it makes them look like puppets for Thaksin's interests.

That Thai TV is carrying the statement on many channels also shows the government are in control, strong and have legitimacy.

Another problem for the red shirts is everything that they criticsed about PAD tactics and quite rightly in many cases is now all they have to resort to. Their controllers will need to think long and hard if they arent to appear as luntaic as the PAD finally did.

Edted to add: it is good to see the statement moved to avoid confrontation. This is what many said should have been done last time around. It is good to see that lessons have been learned.

Edited by hammered

Govt to deliver policy speech at Foreign Ministry: spokesman

The government will deliver its policy statement to parliamentarians at the Foreign Ministry, the spokesman of the Democrat Party said.

Coalition MPs have gathered at the ministry for the policy debate.

The Nation

Opposition to boycott policy debate at Foreign Ministry

Opposition chief whip Witthaya Buranasiri said the opposition will boycott the policy debate at the Foreign Ministry.

He said the government could not change the venue of the debate on its own without consulting Parliament first.

He said the change of the venue was the administration's interference in the legislative branch's affairs.

The Nation

Police chief arrives at Metropolitan Police head office

Police Commissioner-General Pol Gen Phatcharawat Wongsuwan arrived at the Metropolitan Police head office Monday morning to monitor the protest outside Parliament.

Phatcharawat told reporters that police were still in control of the situation.

The Nation

Deja Vu? :o

This is the National Police Chief who's reinstatement was confirmed by the new government despite findings by the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) that he (Pol Gen Patcharawat Wongsuwan) ----along with the Former PM, 31 of his former cabinet members and 23 police officers ------should be charged with murder over the bloody clash with protesters at Government House which left two dead and hundreds injured.

Pol Gen Patcharawat Wongsuwan was in overall command of the bloody clash with protesters at Government House . After this shocking event he was "stood down" by the then PM for failing to follow direct orders from the government to remove the PAD protesters from the airports ..... it is obvious just how much control the former PM & the government actually had over this police officer. It is not unlikely that he was pursuing his own agenda. Pol Gen Patcharawat Wongsuwan"s elder brother is Gen Prawit Wongsuwan who is now Defence Minister in the Abhisit government.

Policy delivered!

Let's move on!

Someone red-faced today?

and by the way, the "red's", minions of the fugitive, are demanding that this government steps and dissolves, so did the "yellow's" with 2 previous governments, then these governments claimed they were legitiate, well then this one is - som nam nah!

What goes around, comes around!

link:

Edited by Samuian

Can anyone estimate how many Red shirt protesters are active today.
from 20,000 to a few hundred :o, as expected, pay protest will never work.

the Democrat know how these protester works, they just wait it out sooner or later nobody would be there.

and maybe more importantly the Chidchob's know exactly how they organize, fund and where all the skeletons are and they still have their contacts inside the UDD particularly the core UDD itself where Newin Chidchob was a central figure in its initial success.

Also Newin Chibchob was the single biggest organizer of bodies for the mass rallies. Yuth "dooyen"and the Udon boyos are not in the same league as far as numbers go although their mobs tend to be less well controlled and potentially more violent. The actual unpaid/unorganised core of the red shirts although well committed are also quite a disparate group with different ideas on aims and tactics and number only a few thousand.

That Thai TV is carrying the statement on many channels also shows the government are in control, strong and have legitimacy.

What's that old song? "I guess it's true because I saw it on TV."

There's also state controlled TV in North Korea, maybe Burma as well.

Sorry, but I am missing something in your reasoning here.

opp_logo.gif

Again, I repeat,

the 4 clasped arms are

not fists, but hands clasping arms, lifting a greater weight through cooperation'.

THAT is why Oppenheimer is using a similar logo. Obvious to an unbiased observer.

So your observation of this logo is not "pefect".

Thanks for taking note on my typo (where do I send my check for your English tutoring fee?).... Oppenheimers logo is cleary hands holding anothers arms lifting together.... the PAD logo to my eyes look like fists, I know what it is supposed to be, but does not change the fact that it looks like fists, blame the designer.... so again not what the logo is supposed to mean but what the actual image looks like, it is "pefect" and very fitting of their actions.

Edited by MyphuketLife

What's that old song? "I guess it's true because I saw it on TV."

There's also state controlled TV in North Korea, maybe Burma as well.

It is all about PR. The people will see the address live or reported later and most will accept it. People want the country to move forward. There have been village meetings in Thaksin supporting areas wher people have said the government should be given a chance. That they have delivered the statement without state violence shows reasonableness and control. That parliamnet which is the elected body has chosen Abhisit and backed his policy shows he has as much legitimacy as any other PM before him. This is a parliamentary system with government selected by and responsible to the elected body and not the people. Thailand is nothing like Burma or N.Korea. Red shirts may not like what has happened but it is still within the democratic constitutional and legal framework of Thailand. It is not a coup. Fact.

Same Same, but different

Taiwan's ex-president back behind bars on corruption charges

TAIPEI : A Taiwanese court Tuesday ordered ex-president Chen Shui-bian to be locked up on corruption charges that the former leader has dismissed as a politically-motivated campaign by the China-friendly government.

The decision by the Taipei District Court reversed an earlier ruling and saw the former pro-independence leader sent back to a detention centre outside the capital after spending just over two weeks free pending trial.

The judges said in their ruling they feared Chen could collude with other suspects, destroy evidence or flee the island unless he was detained.

That is what should have happened to Toxic. His lackey friends let him get away. He belongs in jail, not controlling politics. If this were China, he would face execution for his good deeds. Many

Thais don't seem to know better, but it is beyond comprehension that farang support the useless thief.

Oh dear, has this really degenerated so much that people are claiming petty "victories" just because this or that happens ?

Rather childish.

The UDD/DAAD have been warned and we have already seen their people locked up in jail. Unlike any PAD supporter who resorted to violence or vandalising state property.

This is why yesterday the UDD/DAAD left a small opening all the way to parliament so that MP's could "walk there" - as they had to be sure they did not "block them" or they would be arrested UNLIKE THE PAD.

You see the PAD sponsors are so powerful now that nobody can stand in their way, Thailand is now in a very dangerous situation where a certain group of people are controlling the Army, Government, Judiciary and by way of that influence over the Police.

Therefore the UDD/DAAD knew they cannot block the policy statement being made, all they can do is take the moral high ground that they did not break the law, and keep the push on for all Yellow shirts to be arrested and charged. This remains a key political tool now to hammer the Democrats with, and not let the media forget that the PAD must be charged, which the Democrats will delay and try to avoid. In my opinion you will not see any PAD leaders taken to task within this governments term. They might collect information and begin to look at things, but likely they will not quite finish the investigations before the next election, so that the PAD can them claim any action after that is based on retribution. This is politics, so mark this post and wait and watch.

The UDD/DAAD also claimed 20,000 supporters on Sunday (holiday) and can claim today they are not paying people and people have jobs to go to, which is why they are low on numbers, unlike the PAD who were reported to be paying 900B a day, along with free food and drink and entertainment and clothing. Again, UDD/DAAD claim the moral high ground.

The Democrats will have two things on their mind, get as much money as possible in the shortest possible time and also change the constituion to protect their power in the future. How delightful that a massive government spending campaign is just about to be announced, and where will all those contracts be placed ?

Therefore, the oppostion must now play the game, which they will. Expect them to not only not attend the policy meeting, they will also refuse to be the oppostion and will not to any checks at all.......for a period of time.

They will charge that the Democrats will have to pay back all the favours, and so corruption will be rampant. Therefore, rather than make them try to be careful, they will in fact just walk away and leave the Coalition MP's like children in a sweet shop, with no watchers, no camera's, just their own conscience not to take the sweets.

We all know what will happen..............TIT............and then the opposition will come swooping back demanding investigations into all projects, all bank accounts, all foreign transfers of money, all payments, all tenders etc..... and they are likely to catch a number, and then this will lead to another round of corruption cases and what they hope will then finally be the dissoluton of the Democrats.

This is a game.

So my predictions :

1/ PAD leaders will not be prosecuted under this Democrat government.

2/ No opposition will be present most of the time, certainly no shadow cabinet, they will let the Democrats operate with no checks/balance for a period of time.

3/This Democrat government will spend more than any other government in a shorter period of time.

4/ It will all end in massive corruption allegations.

Looks like the ole red shirts have been outmanouvered here. They wont get the violence they need. The policy statement will be made. The government will move on. Without Newin the red shirts also will struggle to get the numbers they need.

Abhisit has chosen a very clever and careful tact. Avoid confrontation and violence and appear utterly reasonable while the red shirts havent even gioven the government a grace period to prove their intentions which is something the yellow did. Tactically the red shirts need to back away from this appearance of unreasonbleness which is losing them the democratic high ground rapidly. In fact it makes them look like puppets for Thaksin's interests.

Another problem for the red shirts is everything that they criticsed about PAD tactics and quite rightly in many cases is now all they have to resort to. Their controllers will need to think long and hard if they arent to appear as luntaic as the PAD finally did.

Edted to add: it is good to see the statement moved to avoid confrontation. This is what many said should have been done last time around. It is good to see that lessons have been learned.

Good decision by the government, and the UDD will quickly run out of steam, especially with the 5 day holiday coming. To many red shirts need to drink and drive with their children loaded in the back of the pick up, and they can't miss that for a silly old protest. :o

Abhisit will be a great PM, and will give the country a shove in the right direction. Puea Thai is a joke. They were a joke as the ruling party (PPP - 2 failed governments in less than 12 months) and they are a joke as the opposition (not showing up, encouraging demonstrations, can't even pick a leader for Pete's sake, etc). Losing gracefully with dignity intact is a skill that their parents never taught them apparently.

Happy New Year to all, and Chok Dee Bee Mai to PM Abhisit.

Who's "reasoning"?

to try to put Thailand on par with Burma, North Korea and the new sworn in Government with the military junta there doesn't make you sound very reasonable... just my 2 cent's... but there is so much of this confused stuff since Doc's throne started to become very shaky... until it fell over in the earthquake and it looks an abyss has opened and someone keeps falling..

"the harder they crawl, they harder they fall...

One set of rules for the rich and another for the poor. Civil War within 2 years. It's Cambodia all over again. Viva La Revolution.

:o

A post this stupid deserves a round of applause.

There are some seriously stupid people on here, and as is said, you cannot make a dumb person intelligent, all they can do is drag you down to their level. My last post on here until we are at the stage of corruption charges, when I shall return to remind all these brainwashed people of what they said and how they supported it all to happen, so blindly.

There is a chance of civil war in two years. VERY REAL. You would be stupid to ignore the potential.

1/ World Wide Recession and Depression. Japan is now being hammered.

This means Thailand next year will be particularly hit badly with much reduced demand for anything to be made in Thailand. Thailand sadly makes not very much itself and is a workshop but not the owner of the technology.

This will lead to hundreds of thousands of people being laid off, returning to their villages and having no work. This will lead to a massive impact on rural wealth, and lead to a very nasty slope resulting in drugs, drink and theiving.

This will of course be blamed soley on the Democrats and their intereference. It will be blamed on the PAD and Bangkok Elite, who are happy and rich while the poor suffer.

This could turn into a very nasty situation.

2/ On top of this Tourism will be hit hard due to the PAD, the WWR, and present Baht strength.

Again this will feed mostly down to effect the rural poor, and there will be a drying up of the funds thats sent from Bangkok/Phuket/Pattaya/Samui back to the rural area's.

Again this will be blamed on the incumbent government and the PAD for making all this mess.

Therefore you could be looking at the majority rural poor being devastated financially in the coming 12 months and more, which will get blamed on the Democrats/PAD/Bangkok Elite.

If at that time a person can rouse them up and lead them, then civil war could easily happen, expecially if the expected, but dreaded death of a particularly well loved and respected gentlemen should happen.

To ignore the world events going on, the effect they will have on the rural poor, and how this will all be laid firmly at the feet of the incumbents, is to be very STUPID.

Anyway, no more posts from me, thats it, I am not going to continue to be dragged down by the stupid people on here, when the corruption charges are flying against the new government I will come back with lots of I told you so, to make up for not posting now :D

Enjoy :D