Enhancing The Honda Jazz

stuckinbkk

Hi,

Does anybody know where we can buy a boot cover for the new Honda Jazz? It's a little discomforting having the contents of your boot visible to all! Really does encourage theft, doesn't it?

Also, do you guys know of any aftermarket modifications that we can undertake to improve the performance of the Jazz (presumably the City as well since they share the same engine)...

Any advice on where and how much would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestions... may try HKS if it does not void the car's warranty.

It's interesting to note that nobody else seems to have the same concerns about covering up the boot!

I used dark tints on the windows.

I have thought about it but then again I use to dark film on the windows to see inn...

On another note I did take off the sporty springs on my jazz a few days ago and that showed me that the shocks were coroded badly. I have to talk to honda to claim something from them. The car is only 6 months old so it should not be so bad... I will update more later...

• 1 month later...

snowflake,

Sorry to hear about your springs. Are these the standard springs for the sport package?

I just got a 2007 (1 year on the road, 28k) that doesn't seem to have any problems.

I want to modify my Jazz in the following ways:

1. Sub woofer for the stereo (saw a compact one on the web: www.honda-access.com/dk/da/Images/68227.pdf).

2. Nice wheels to replace the stock ones (but I'll stick with 15" because I've read that's the best for fuel economy, ride comfort and performance).

3. Gauge for real-time fuel economy and engine temperature

Anyone have suggestions on where to look for them?

snowflake,

Sorry to hear about your springs. Are these the standard springs for the sport package?

I just got a 2007 (1 year on the road, 28k) that doesn't seem to have any problems.

I want to modify my Jazz in the following ways:

1. Sub woofer for the stereo (saw a compact one on the web: www.honda-access.com/dk/da/Images/68227.pdf).

2. Nice wheels to replace the stock ones (but I'll stick with 15" because I've read that's the best for fuel economy, ride comfort and performance).

3. Gauge for real-time fuel economy and engine temperature

Anyone have suggestions on where to look for them?

There are dozens of Jazz related clubs & magazines around. My Thai mates here in Surin have Jazz 'show cars' and love to talk 'Jazz' IN THAI !

If you have no luck, PM and I will do some 'digging'

Dave

When you say enhanced, do you mean to turn it into a racing car like this,

post-41687-1233970671_thumb.jpg

post-41687-1233970819_thumb.jpg

The owner of the car has won a number of races, and I am sure she would be pleased to give you some advice. PM me if you want to contact her about the car. She speaks English well but does not understand spoken English that well, so it would be useful if you had someone to speak Thai or Lao if you speak with her.

Does anybody know where we can buy a boot cover for the new Honda Jazz? It's a little discomforting having the contents of your boot visible to all! Really does encourage theft, doesn't it?

Honda always sold them as an option for the old model, but at near 6,000 baht is expensive..

On my old model Jazz one of the FREE options was window film, I had 40% silver mirror, so from outside you could see yourself and not what was in the back of the car..

Friend with the New Jazz has 80% tint on the back doors and hatch, with 50% on the front windows, you cannot see what is in the back.

do you guys know of any aftermarket modifications that we can undertake to improve the performance of the Jazz

Plenty of 'Mugen' powered or customized Honda's here

Try NDV Autosport 18/25 Moo 10 Soi Onnut 80 Onnut Rd. Prawet Bangkok Thailand 10250 Tel 662-3207222-4, Fax 662-3207225

http://www.nvdautosport.com/

Main Honda aftermarket mods are by Mugen - T1R - J's Racing - Spoon here..

When you say enhanced, do you mean to turn it into a racing car like this,

Nice car! Other than stereo, tires and gauge, my idea of mod is anything that will improve fuel economy along with performance. The main reason I got the car was because it is "green'. :o

There are dozens of Jazz related clubs & magazines around. My Thai mates here in Surin have Jazz 'show cars' and love to talk 'Jazz' IN THAI !

If you have no luck, PM and I will do some 'digging'

Thanks for offers to help. Tilokaratm and Dave!

I saw it today at a store that sells wheels and stereo equipment. They also showed me speakers that can improve the stock ones.

I asked about a USB adapter (like the iPOD input in the new top-end Jazz). Their only solution was a stereo head unit replacement with an LCD etc.

No gauge options for real-time mileage readout or temperature gauge. I hate idiot lights! :o

I'd like to be able to see how much gas I'm burning at any given time.