Statuette In Car

tc4mez

Lord Ganesha (Paprikaneh) to face...  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dear all,

I've bought a statuette from a museum in Chiang Mai recently. I wish to place it in my car but I have feedbacks & comments on placing facing the driver & facing the front from my friends (non thai)...

What is the correct placement for the mini statuette? I have a 5 headed (paprikaneh) aka Lord Ganesha statuette to be place in my car. All comments & feedbacks are welcome.

Regards,

Loh

post-72901-1230609096.jpg

Edited by tc4mez

If you keep in mind that the purpose of Buddhist images is simply to remind us of the virtues of the Buddha, the Dharma and the Sangha then you will realize that your statuette has no magical or spiritual powers whatsoever and therefore I would think that whatever direction you wished it to face would be perfectly OK.

There may however be some local custom where images should be placed facing a certain direction that I am unaware of and if so you may want to do it that way just to respect the local customs regardless of the fact that it is just superstitious.

Dear all,

I've bought a statuette from a museum in Chiang Mai recently. I wish to place it in my car but I have feedbacks & comments on placing facing the driver & facing the front from my friends (non thai)...

What is the correct placement for the mini statuette? I have a 5 headed (paprikaneh) aka Lord Ganesha statuette to be place in my car. All comments & feedbacks are welcome.

Regards,

Loh

This is not a Buddhist statue.