Great American Rib Co

kyb789

I just ate at the Great American Rib Company for the first time in Hua Hin. Last Friday night, the food was fresh, soooo good, and I felt like someone has finally brought American BBQ to Thailand.

We went back on Sunday night, and it was terrible. The food tasted 3 days old. It was dry. The white meat chicken was over cooked and hard. The cheese potatoes were burnt. Half the items on the menu were "no have". No corn, no curly fries, no corn bread, etc, etc. The staff was sitting down giggling and talking amounst themselves.

Just terrible terrible terrible service and food. I thought this was a sad sight to see, since this place had potiential to be one of the best American BBQs in Thailand.

Can you tell me your own experience? Was it just a bad night, or is this the norm?

I went there once and they were out of ribs! I never went back. Since then I discovered the American owned California Cantina across from the Sofitel. They have the best ribs I've had in Thailand and they (the ribs at least) are consistent because I've had them several times. I grew up in Tennessee so I know bbq pork ribs and these are goooood!

I found out about the Great American Rib Co a few years back while at a 4th of July party held at the BKK International school and was hosted by the US Embassy. I visited the BKK restaurant that same week and had a great meal. Needless to say I went back about a year later while in town for business and it was just as good as it was the first time. Hopefully I'll check it out again when I get the opportunity as I enjoyed the food very much but hey, I can usually make just as good of ribs at home only I don't like to wait or clean the mess afterwards. :o

The Pattaya location also has some serious consistency problems. Their prices aren't low enough for this to be tolerable. Too bad, as when they have been good, they have been very good (but also bad/bad).

Totally agree. Place was excellent when Greg the manager was around , now it has gone downhill very fast.

I sometimes try Bob's BBQ but his prices are as high and not often that good.

Had a very good burger last year with crispy curly fries and I liked it though a bit pricey as they nickel and dime on the tax and service charge (do the staff ever see any of it?).

I was in about 10 days ago craving a hamburger.

Burger patty was small, resembling a Brit's idea of a burger :o

Curly fries gone with the wind "factoly close now" so had crappy frozen McD-style fries.

Won't be back.

Sounds like yet another great idea for farang food, ruined by lack of attention to detail, not delivering high quality for high prices, etc. It can happen in any country. I saw the same variation at Sizzler, at different locations. Hamburger franchises. We farang get rather demanding when spending over 102 baht for a meal

Horrid food....Went once and wished that I had went to Burger King instead. Then had to go a second time since I was in a group of people thay would not listen to me and it was even worse than the first time.....they boil there ribs before cooking them and I would guess that they keep the boiled ribs in the fridge then grill them when they are ordered......I built a smoker..and a to buy a full rack at Makro is less than 100b....feeds 3 people and you can buy all the diffrent types of wood to smoke with at HomePro.......I see that place now when I am in town and I get queasy :o