Why No British Restaurants Anywhere?

theonlyway

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and is american cuisine just whoppers and pizza and mcnuggets?

Cmon round of your diet with KFC :D

Pizza is Italian :D As for British maybe they don't import lard into Thailand 555555

There's always the Rovers Return in Chaing Mai :o

cv

I had a delicious steak and potatos at the Londoner Pub opposite the Queen's Park on Sukhumvit the other day. Really good food. There is no such thing as 'American' food; Cajun, Mexican, Chinese, South West, Italian and good ol' Southern Cookin are some of my favorites. McDonald's, KFC, Pizza Hut, Wendy's,

A&W ect......all rubbish!

QUOTE(Pablo H @ 2004-12-26 21:00:56)

Oh yes indeedy ... we Indians and Paki's have far more British restaurants in the UK than any other food sellers. Oh my very wordy

Oh dear! Racist admins.

A wonderful sense of humour I see. Happy new year.

Pat Pong if you thing calling people Pakis is humorous then thats up to you, not sure many people agree with you.

The last time I heard that was in a schoolyard, but guess thats your type of humour though eh?

Happy New Year :o

Oh yes indeedy ... we Indians and Paki's have far more British restaurants in the UK than any other food sellers. Oh my very wordy

Oh dear! Racist admins.

Pat Pong if you thing calling people Pakis is humorous then thats up to you, not sure many people agree with you.

The last time I heard that was in a schoolyard, but guess thats your type of humour though eh?

Happy New Year :o

Hear Paki(s) all the time- go in any pub in england and your bound to hear the word. :D

Oh dear! Racist admins.

Happy New Year :D

From someone looking you do thats hilarious :D

Nothing wrong with Joe daki's :o

Yeah, generally said by meatheads in english boozers who have never left the country and left their brains (if they had any in the first place) in school.

Dont like the term to be honest, would never have expected it to come up on a forum like this, especially used by a moderator.

brits , aussies , japs , pakis are all abbreviated terms and not automatically racist.

it all depends on the context in which they are used as to whether they are racist or not.

some people have been so conditioned to racial awareness that they (want to) see racism in every nook and cranny.

your avatar could be seen to be grossly offensive to people suffering from certain well documented cranial birth defects that lead to facial deformities

Edited by taxexile

brits , aussies , japs , pakis are all abbreviated terms and not automatically racist.

it all depends on the context in which they are used as to whether they are racist or not.

some people have been so conditioned to racial awareness that they (want to) see racism in every nook and cranny.

your avatar could be seen to be grossly offensive to people suffering from certain well documented cranial birth defects that lead to facial deformities

Ok then point taken, so if someone wishes to say wop, gook, geek, coon, nigger, spade, chink, spic, its allright in the right context. Sorry, I disagree.

Anyway, Patpong said what he said as a joke, I dont find it funny, but I guess some people do so each to their own, I am not one to start preaching and this being an open forum everyone has the right to say what they like.

About the avatar, your dead right, I dont want to cause offense to anyone with cranial birth defects so I will change it, maybe to a golly <deleted> or something. :o

Oh dear! Racist admins. :o

Oh dear, it's finally arrived in Thailand - bloody political correctness!

I'm from Yorkshire and people call me a Yorkie. No offence (in fact I consider it a compliment - especially if you're buying the beer). So what's the difference between that and people from Pakistan being called Packies? It's the same with septics; and those criminals from down under. Jasus, where's the humour gone?

I will always call a spade a shovel whatever.

BTW, does anyone know where the acronimn "W.O.G." originated?

Anyway, I'm p1ssed and going to bed.

Edited by jayenram

Wobbly Old Git? :o

It definitely would in my case. However, I'm informed (correctly or incorrectly) that it originated from the Egyptian w*rkers employed during the construction of the Suez Canal; something to do with "Working on Orders of the Government" being stamped on the back of their w*rk clothes. But I could be wrong - I have been before.

:D

Oh dear, it's finally arrived in Thailand - bloody political correctness!

I'm from Yorkshire and people call me a Yorkie. No offence (in fact I consider it a compliment - especially if you're buying the beer). So what's the difference between that and people from Pakistan being called Packies? It's the same with septics; and those criminals from down under. Jasus, where's the humour gone?

I will always call a spade a shovel whatever.

Anyway, I'm p1ssed and going to bed.

Its nothing to do with political correctness, I have had enough of that shit myself as its gone too far.

I just think and this is just my opinion that 'paki' is a derogatory term, if you dont agree, no problem.

If you see a chinese shop assistant in a shop and you needed some help would you shout "oi chink over ere". I dont think so. I think its the older generation on this forum who dont mind using these terms as when they were brought up these words were totally exceptable, so its no fault of their own when they mouth these words as thats the way they have been brought up. The same people are still calling French people 'frogs'.

Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on your view times have changed.

Think about it, if you were from Pakistan would you like people to call you a Paki?

Anyway this thread is about British restaurants so I will refrain from posting about this subject on this thread again. My apologies to 'theonlyway' for changing the subject. :o

mbkudu,

I would love to but jayenram sems to think I would be offending people with cranium birth defects, now thats the last thing I would want to do as I have heard they can be a tough bunch and I dont want to get on the wrong side of them, so I shall stick with my current avatar which I think might resemble a x-ray of the skulls of the people who use the word 'paki'. :o