Can I Go Alone For Border Stamp ?

Can I go alone for border stamp ? Visa renewal by walking through ?

Now the new rule of every 15 days applies,its getting very costly. Is it possible for me to just ride there and walk over and back ? Or are they going to sting me some silly charge ?

Has anyone done this ok before to Cambodia ?

Thank and Happy new Year everyone.

Now the new rule of every 15 days applies,its getting very costly. Is it possible for me to just ride there and walk over and back ? Or are they going to sting me some silly charge ?

Hello....its a better idea to go to laos and apply for a double entry tourist visa,, to just cross at cambodia every 2 weeks will be much to expensive:

Cambodia visa 1.000 THB+ tea money to the cambodia immigration 200 THB and travel expenses and so on

I hope you can get more alternatives from other members and its good idea to let us know your nationality ,age and if you married to a Thai citizen or have some kind of income from abroad like pension or so, then we can provide you whit all the necessary information you will need to get the best visa alternatives.

If you mean arranging your own transport yes you can do it instead of using a visa run company.

But you don't save a lot of money doing it that way plus they stream line everything for you.

I agree that you should get a tourist visa as stated in other posts. See last few pages of this 31 page topic for info. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Vientiane-La...sa-t158561.html

You cannot get a Visa Renewal anywhere. You have to go to a Consulate and apply for a new one. :o

In fact, different members are using the term “visa renewal” for so many different things that I cringe every time I read it.

In the case of the OP it is a border run to make a new visa-exempt entry into Thailand. Other popular uses of “visa renewal” I have seen are for

– a new application at an immigration office for an annual extension of stay

– a border run to activate an additional entry of a multiple entry non-immigrant visa or of a tourist visa valid for more than one entry

– an application at a Thai consulate for a new visa (as already mentioned by Lite Beer)

--

Maestro