Koh Larn Getaway...

Michaelaway

We are planning a few days on Koh Larn for a romantic getaway. Here are my two questions:

1) Is it definitely true that I can take my motorbike from Pattaya, on the ferry, for 100 Baht?? Any particular ferry...?

2) Can anyone recommend a romantic Bungalow place on the Island??

-Many thanks

:o

We are planning a few days on Koh Larn for a romantic getaway. Here are my two questions:

1) Is it definitely true that I can take my motorbike from Pattaya, on the ferry, for 100 Baht?? Any particular ferry...?

-Many thanks

hi not sure about the bike but why do u want to take it anyway,its a small island and they rent out bikes as soon as you get off the ferry or taxi bikes are abundant. a quick lookaround on your bike or hire bike/taxi will find many differing accomodation available....wont take you long to find something,on some of the quieter beach areas there are some basic bungalows.sorry i cant be more helpful but no one else answered yet!

-Many thanks

hi not sure about the bike but why do u want to take it anyway,its a small island and they rent out bikes as soon as you get off the ferry or taxi bikes are abundant. a quick lookaround on your bike or hire bike/taxi will find many differing accomodation available....wont take you long to find something,on some of the quieter beach areas there are some basic bungalows.sorry i cant be more helpful but no one else answered yet!

Never mind!! And thanks a lot for your opinion!! Maybe we won't take the bike...

:D

well leave the bike in pattaya , as just had a day out there and its another dissaster in thailand waitting to happen , ok it was a choppy day when we were there ,but i am used to worse weather but i was with my wife and 3 month old daughter and 2 family members , we even did not go on the last ferry as in my opionion it was verry over crowded and i my own judjment not safe ok they must have got back to pattaya ok . we did not take the gamble as that is what i think it would have been . even the platform going from the concrete quayside to the ferry before you reach the last concrete bollard the wooden ramp is nor built to withhold the weight of all the pushy foriengers that crowded onto it that made my decision to not get on that ferry and go to the other side of the island which infacht was the lee side to the island.i expect to see a disaster ther in the not to distant fututre , but who care's here if you can get another 50 twenty bahts on ok . would like to hear from any that travelled on that ferry at aprox 1600 hrs from koh larn to pattaya , i bet it was not nice .