When Does The Time Start

going for retirement visa for my father, and i think i will do the tourist visa again, and turn it into my marriage visa when i get there, the last one i'm am looking at was... date of issue july 6, 2005, enter before october 5, 2005..if i arrive lets say october 4, 2005, would my 60 days plus 30 day extention start oct 4th the day i arrived ..i ended up getting there july 16, 2005..so not sure if i just have to enter, before date or that i would have used the time up, before i get there..also my stepson and dauther-in law are going with me, maybe stay 21 days, do they need visa before they leave usa.., and another also, can i just get a one way ticket to thailand, if i go with the marriage visa and the retirement visa for my father, bought round trip tickets last time,never got anything back. thanks

Your 60 days will start from the day you arrive, and can still be extended for a further 30 even if you arrive the day before the 'enter before' date.

Your stepson and daughter in law will receive a 30 day visa exemption stamp at the airport - no need to apply for a visa if they are only staying 3 weeks.

One way flight is no problem if you have a valid visa (although I travelled from Singapore with no visa recently and it still wasn't a problem).

Good luck with it all, sounds like you have your hands full.

going for retirement visa for my father, and i think i will do the tourist visa again, and turn it into my marriage visa when i get there, the last one i'm am looking at was... date of issue july 6, 2005, enter before october 5, 2005..if i arrive lets say october 4, 2005, would my 60 days plus 30 day extention start oct 4th the day i arrived ..i ended up getting there july 16, 2005..so not sure if i just have to enter, before date or that i would have used the time up, before i get there..also my stepson and dauther-in law are going with me, maybe stay 21 days, do they need visa before they leave usa.., and another also, can i just get a one way ticket to thailand, if i go with the marriage visa and the retirement visa for my father, bought round trip tickets last time,never got anything back. thanks

I think I have it figured out now.

I think we need to take all the tourist visa stuff out. You can buy one way tickets if you get non immigrant O visas for you and your father. That would be the best way and also make it easier to get your extension based upon marriage and also for your father if he is going to get an extension for retirement.

You stepson and daughter in law can enter on visa exempt entries. But will need return tickets.

I think I got it. You have to enter before the expiry date of your Visa . So yes you can enter on 4th October(in your example) and get 60 days plus 30 days extension.

As said , one way ticket no problem. You can then apply for the Marriage Extension. (Not a Visa)