90 Day Reporting By Post

I'm attempting to perform my first 90 day reporting (TM.47) by post. The helpful instructions from the Immigration Bureau state that (amongst other things) one must provide a "photocopy of your current visa (last visa) on your passport". Does this mean the blue and white piece of paper that was stuck in my passport by an embassy overseas? Or does it mean the entry stamp when I entered Thailand/the subsequent stamp when my permission to stay was extended?

And are there any pitfalls of reporting by post that I should be aware of?

I've reported once already by post and getting ready to do it again this week. I only sent a copy of the photo page, the visa I entered Thailand on, the visa extension page and Thai wife approval page, the arrival TM and I put my signature on each and every copy. I also sent the original previous 90 day TM 47 receipt (because I had done it before in person) and the new completely filled out TM 47. They returned to me a new receipt, a new TM 47 to be filled out next time, and all the copies that I sent to them. Make sure you enclose a stamped self addressed envelope for them to mail everything back to you.

I would say, if in doubt about a particular page, make a copy of it and send it anyway. I also sent everything via EMS so that I had "proof" of the mailing.

Sorry to appear completely clueless, but the TM.47 receipt - that's the small white card with "Notice" across the top that gives the date by which you must do your 90 day reporting (looks nothing like the TM.47) - right?

Ummmm. The form TM. 47 is the form you fill out and it is titled "Form for Alien to Notify of Staying Longer Than 90 Days". It is a one page form with 2 sections. The top section you fill out with your info. The bottom section is titled "Receipt of Notification", "For Official Use Only". Immigration will return this "receipt" to you after you have done this one time. When it comes time to report again you must include this original "receipt" with the rest of the package.

Hope this helps.

I have been reporting by post for years and I only send  a completed T47 form and a return envelope.

No problems.

Really? Curious, and do you send the form to Bangkok Immigration, ie:

90 Days Registration

Room 401 Immigration Bureau

Soi Suan Plu

South Sathorn Road

Bangkok, 10120

They "spell" out fairly clearly what is required to do this by "post" and according to their "spelling" it takes more than just sending the TM. 47 and a return envelope. Meaning they want signed copies of what I already stated above. And if one does a search on this subject in TV, most people who have actually done it send more than just the TM. 47 because immigration specifically says they want copies of relevant pages of the passport. Anyway, up to whoever, but I still would say be safe than sorry.