Buying A Bike

onlycw

a mate is willing to sell his 1985 Honda CB 750 F for 50,000 Baht. He says the registration cost him 40 grand alone.

What about the cost? Tax = ? Insurance = ? How much tee money to give to traffic cops? Is it okay to use a British DL or should it be an International DL? Can a european big bike license be exchanged for a Thai license? I did that without problems with a German license for a British one with insurance companies requesting a British DL for better rates.

Maybe someone feels like writing a guide to biking over here which can be pinned?

Cheers,

Chris

post-74315-1231130092_thumb.jpg

a mate is willing to sell his 1985 Honda CB 750 F for 50,000 Baht. He says the registration cost him 40 grand alone.

What about the cost? Tax = ? Insurance = ? How much tee money to give to traffic cops? Is it okay to use a British DL or should it be an International DL? Can a european big bike license be exchanged for a Thai license? I did that without problems with a German license for a British one with insurance companies requesting a British DL for better rates.

Maybe someone feels like writing a guide to biking over here which can be pinned?

Cheers,

Chris

first you need to do is to change the registration into your name (i assume your friend has the green book, original one), cost around 1,9k bath in the department of transportation.

second, see the tax for the bike, if the tax havent been paid for over 4 years, you need to do all the paper work all over again, tax can be paid in certain area (you can ask your thai friend), cost not that expensive. around 100 bath.

if you dont commit any violation, you dont need to give money to the cop.... :o .......but 100 bath will solve most things.

for drivers license, there is special thread for it. read it, good article.

cheers.

btw: is that pic the bike your friend has???????

Cheers,

Chris

first you need to do is to change the registration into your name (i assume your friend has the green book, original one), cost around 1,9k bath in the department of transportation.

second, see the tax for the bike, if the tax havent been paid for over 4 years, you need to do all the paper work all over again, tax can be paid in certain area (you can ask your thai friend), cost not that expensive. around 100 bath.

if you dont commit any violation, you dont need to give money to the cop.... :o .......but 100 bath will solve most things.

for drivers license, there is special thread for it. read it, good article.

cheers.

btw: is that pic the bike your friend has??????? 

Nope, I picked it up on the web. With such a bike, cops would not let you drive 1 more meter in Germany  :D

Thanks for the answers, much obliged!

Chris