Warning. . Saabai Resort 2rd Pattaya

oMega69

My 2 friends was leaving there 2 bags outside of reception the area is fully video surveillance .

1 hour later when they come back and get bags and check in to room. . they did see that about 20.000 THB was missing ,

And did talk to managment and they say they wanted to look the video surveillance of that area. .the respons was. . video surveillance aint working cant overlook it :/

So the staff in reception and managment seems to work togheten and stealing customers money ! So stay away from this Resort at all cost you have been warned.

And my friends did not have enof time to get police involved.

My 2 friends was leaving there 2 bags outside of reception the area is fully video surveillance .

1 hour later when they come back and get bags and check in to room. . they did see that about 20.000 THB was missing ,

And did talk to managment and they say they wanted to look the video surveillance of that area. .the respons was. . video surveillance aint working cant overlook it :/

So the staff in reception and managment seems to work togheten and stealing customers money ! So stay away from this Resort at all cost you have been warned.

And my friends did not have enof time to get police involved.

Sorry to hear about to loss, but come on, leaving 20,000baht unattended, even if under the watchful eye of someone else is just plain silly.

This friends of mine are kind of rich so they dont really mind. . . YES indeed not so bright to leave cash in bag.... BUT there was video cams all over the place so they really feelt safe...

And....same thing hapends but from the hotel room last year for them at Sunshine Hotell beachroad soi 8 .

In a perfect world this shouldn't happen... what amazes me is how stupid people can be. Never leave anything unattended of value in your luggage - bring it with you. What makes matters worse is same thing happened before to your mates at the Sunshine - think they would have learned a lesson. :o

Well so far the general consensus is that the theives did nothing wrong, your friends are stupid,this is Thailand and you are to expect this sort of thing, FCK ME ,WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU LOT ! :o

What thieves? I can claim to have done the same thing with 100.000Baht. There are two things that puzzle me - "not enough time to get the police involved" and "This [sic] friends of mine are kind of rich so they dont really mind".

Edited by mr_hippo

The stupidity of this is so great as to beg the question as to whether it really happened at all. Call me a sceptic but I just don't believe people are tht stupid at the same time as a light fingered thief happened upon their unattended luggage. Sorry, doesn't add up to me.

The fact that these friends seem to almost make a business of loosing large amounts of money (you reported the same thing happening to them before at a different hotel...what are the odds of that happening :o ) militates against me believing their story. The other is that the Sabai group of hotels has a very good reputation for value and service and such an action would be out of character (note I didn't say impossible) for this hotel group's employees. Also, not knowing there was anything of value in the bags, it would be highly unlikely the staff would finger through them.

In addition, this is a "he said...she said" type of situation wherein no one could prove who was right...without the video footage. In addition, security cameras are either set-up for real-time viewing only or both viewing and recording. It's possible Sabai's are only set for viewing.

If these guys were really robbed, no matter how rich (and as they were checking-in and not checking-out and rushing to the airport) I'm sure they would have found the time to phone the police.

Well so far the general consensus is that the theives did nothing wrong, your friends are stupid,this is Thailand and you are to expect this sort of thing, FCK ME ,WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU LOT ! :o

Just comments from sensible people who didn't leave their brains at the airport on arrival.

I would say that the cash was in a CLEAR plastic bag attached to the OUTSIDE of the luggage.

There was also a sign in THAI and ENGLISH on the bag notifying all and sundry of

this fact.

Nice one. :D

Yea, I once new a Thai guy who left a million baht in his luggage and checked it in, only to discover upon arriving in country xxx that it was gone :o next topic please

So the staff in reception and managment seems to work togheten and stealing customers money ! So stay away from this Resort at all cost you have been warned.And my friends did not have enof time to get police involved.

Thanks for the warning. I'm always leaving 20,000 baht in an unattended bag. :o