Firefox + Page Not Found

bkkmick

Hi

Recently (past 2 or 3 weeks) I've been having a problem with Firefox (version 3 - not sure if that's anything to do with it). From time to time when following a URL I get the "Page not found" error page on a URL I know exists. Then I click the Try Again button and, after 1, 2 or more clicks, the page eventually loads.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it Firefox v.3? Is it the True DNS being rubbish?

Cheers

Mick

Edited by bkkmick

Guest Reimar
Any advice how to define Open DNS in True wifi router ?

And yes, have same issue with most overseas web pages.

If your WiFi Modem/Router is from TRUE: NO! The Firmware of the from TRUE delivered Modems are modified and difficult to re-programming if!!

Buy your own WiFi Modem/Router and you can easy program without the TRUE limitation to your own requirement.

Cheers.

Yep, using router from True. ZyXel P600 series.

I found some settings for DNS but not sure if this is correct place and nothing to do with DNS server used.

Under LAN settings there is DHCP tab where you can define DNS addresses. Also under Advanced settings there is dynamic DNS settings as below.

No idea which one will do the trick or both not related to DNS used when surfing the net ?

Hi mick i am using firefox,and ais.i experence a lot of dropped calls,when you get that error message you will probably find your connection has been disconnected.just click connect,and it should reconnect.the engineers at ais cannot explan why.

also up-date to latest version of firefox.its free and easy

hope this helps,mr smith

Hi

Recently (past 2 or 3 weeks) I've been having a problem with Firefox (version 3 - not sure if that's anything to do with it). From time to time when following a URL I get the "Page not found" error page on a URL I know exists. Then I click the Try Again button and, after 1, 2 or more clicks, the page eventually loads.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it Firefox v.3? Is it the True DNS being rubbish?

Cheers

Mick