Uk Visa Refused

Hi All

My Girlfriend of 4 years was refused her UK Visitors Visa today, Some Background:

I live in Thailand and have for 11 years I have a Non immigrant B visa

I have a 8 year old son who lives with me, his mother is Thai, and now lives abroad.

He Was issued his Visa (2 year visitor) it is his 3rd Visa

We were all traveling together

I did two applications previously for my sons mother and she was issued the visa on both occasions, I prepared the documents, she applied.

I own a business in Thailand as a share holder, however do not work so do not have a business.

I am 48 She is 30 this year

My GF has lived with me for 4 years.

Refusal was based on the fact she did not prove a substantial relationship with me, a letter from my father inviting us to visit was late arriving so was not included in the application, I had rescheduled before so could not reschedule again to wait for the letter.

It is not a problem to show our relationship and the fact we live together.

I would like her to re apply with the letter inviting her to visit my elderly father, so my question is how quickly can she do this, or would you suggest an appeal?

They did not even ask for an interview which I find strange.

Advise appreciated we wish to travel in March

Thanks

Rob

As all applications are done outside the Uk Embassy,maybe you did not ''''pay enough tea money'''',to the Indian run company issuing the visa now. :o

VFS do not issue the visa. They do the front office work to make sure the embassy only receives 'complete' applications to make a judgement on. Visa's are assessed and issued by the embassy and then passed back to VFS to hand back to the applicant.

As all applications are done outside the Uk Embassy,maybe you did not ''''pay enough tea money'''',to the Indian run company issuing the visa now. :o

VFS do not issue the visa. They do the front office work to make sure the embassy only receives 'complete' applications to make a judgement on. Visa's are assessed and issued by the embassy and then passed back to VFS to hand back to the applicant.

That is correct they just send them on to the Embassy.. so any info on my original question much appreciated

That is correct they just send them on to the Embassy.. so any info on my original question much appreciated

I don't think there is a time limit on when you can next apply. I would just make sure that in your next application you have addressed the issues they highlighted for refusing you last application. Looks like you are going to have to go overboard on evidence that you have been together for the 4 years and that you have lived together for that time.

Edited by CharlieB

You really think UK embassy let's them to issue visas? As others said they just run the application center and embassy is issuing visas.

Actually i find the VFS ladies to be much nicer to deal with than any embassy staff and less waiting in the que. Don't take it on them even if they did turn you down trying to pay them for visa :D

Without knowing the exact wording of the refusal notice it is difficult to advise or comment fully.

However, there is no reason why she cannot apply again immediately, but unless you address the reasons for this refusal she will only be refused again.

BTW, these days for visit visa applications the embassy rarely interview and usually make the decision based on the paper evidence alone. Remember the onus is on the applicant to provide the information to show that they meet the criteria for the visa they have applied for.

Thanks Guys

Main reason was no invite letter and no proof of relationship, I didn't address this properly as I live here and as we were traveling together with my son, I did give them around 20 pages of other documentation. I Have the invite letter now and lots of stuff showing us living together.

You really think UK embassy let's them to issue visas? As others said they just run the application center and embassy is issuing visas.

Actually i find the VFS ladies to be much nicer to deal with than any embassy staff and less waiting in the que. Don't take it on them even if they did turn you down trying to pay them for visa :D

You are correct even when a visa has been issued or refused it comes back from the Embassy sealed, the VFS staff have no knowledge of the result, I've a;ways found them very polite, saying that the staff at the Embassy when I applied for my son's Visa's and his mothers were always polite and very helpful also.

Refusal was based on the fact she did not prove a substantial relationship with me,

Well, going by this you now need to provide substantial evidence of this, besides statements from yourselves that you have had a 4 year relationship. Examples could include a collection of photos, third party evidence of you both living at same address such as bills. Letters confirming the relationships from profession people eg a doctor, lawyer, community leader...

As has been previously stated,you can reapply immediately,ensuring you fully cover the initial reasons for refusal.If you have lived with your girlfriend in "a relationship akin to husband and wife for a period of more than two years in the three years immediately preceding the date of application",(I think this quote from the UK Immigration Regulations is correct)then you should ensure that you apply for a "Family visit" visa,not just a "tourist" visa.This is because this category of visa carries a right of appeal if refused,whereas a simple "tourist" visa does not.This is what happened to me and my girlfriend of three years,on the second application under the category of "Family visit" she was granted the visa.But you must prove the length of the relationship.Hope this helps

Sorry to hijack the thread, but what about Canadian visa?

Wife has had previous visas to canada before but right now they are being @ssholes. They were interogatting me!! I said I already have a canadian passport why are you interogatting me?

They are also shocked that we have not applied for a PRV. We said not yet, but later. They gave us that look.

I said look, we have been married legally for years, own property and work. Now they want my tax receipts for the last 2 years, How when I have been working in LOS for less then 2 yrs??!!!! And to look at all my Thai visa stamps.

From the way things are going, might probably get rejected. BUT really need to go, MOM is sick and wants wife and I around.

So anyone knows how quick before i can apply for new CDN visa. I have heard 6months :o

With respect, as this thread is headed "UK Visa........." I doubt that many people with the information you seek will be reading this thread and so see your post.

May I suggest you start a new topic headed "Canadian visa........"?

Sorry I can't be of help.