Ed Visa Application For My 7 Year Old Australian Daughter

Hi all

our daughter is Australian " 7 years old" and is going to the "new" international school of phuket in Thalang . she currently is in thailand on an " O" visa , we received a letter from the school so we can obtain an ED visa as it apparently makes it easier ,then every 3 months applying for an extention at the immigration office.

can someone advice me correctly in how to obtain an ED visa , as we are been in phuket only 6 months and we are not so sure how to go about all this..

my wife : Dual, Thai national / Australian

me : Australian "B" visa

my daughter : Australian

any good information and help will be greatly appriciated

thanks again :o

Marc

See 2.9 of this police order for info on the ED extension of stay.

Link to police order: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a70477-...ember-2008.html

The school should know what is required.

If your daughter is from your current marriage she can have Thai citizenship and a passport.

If not then you can also get her a visa under 2.18 (4) as a family member since your wife is Thai. This extension would be easier to get than an ED extension.

You can get either extension at immigration and the fee will be 1900 baht.

thanks guys,

she has "O" visa at the moment and i have a "B" visa.

my wife is thai and yes our daughter is from us both .. i love to get her a thai id and passport , but i am not so sure if there is any persons in phuket who could assist with obtaining this .

the problem i think we might get into is that they need my passport as well when submitting the application . i work offshore in malaysia on a 28/28 rotation so i cannot afford to handout my passport for an extensive time . knowing the thai goverment institutions . they could end up saying 2 weeks what can take longer then i can permit my passport to be away for verification of official paperwork.

have said this . if anybody knows a proper institution who can asssit with this paperwork and are accepting a signed copy of my passport i am more then happy to do this..

thanks for all your help so far

I think maybe at the moment his best option is to go to the local Amphoe after getting the birth certificate translated to register the birth.

And then to a passport office here.

excuse my stupidity .

but can you tell me where these official translators are??? as i am willing to do what ever it takes to get this passport and id.. " providing they not ripping me of for large sums of money"

marc

thanks guys,

she has "O" visa at the moment and i have a "B" visa.

my wife is thai and yes our daughter is from us both .. i love to get her a thai id and passport , but i am not so sure if there is any persons in phuket who could assist with obtaining this .

the problem i think we might get into is that they need my passport as well when submitting the application . i work offshore in malaysia on a 28/28 rotation so i cannot afford to handout my passport for an extensive time . knowing the thai goverment institutions . they could end up saying 2 weeks what can take longer then i can permit my passport to be away for verification of official paperwork.

have said this . if anybody knows a proper institution who can asssit with this paperwork and are accepting a signed copy of my passport i am more then happy to do this..

thanks for all your help so far

The first thing you need to do is get your daughter birth certificate translated to Thai. And then the translation has to be certified by the Ministry of Forign affairs. You should be able to find a translation servie in Phuket to this. They should be able to do the entire job.

After the translation is done your wife will need to take it to the Amphoe (district office) and have the birth registered. They will put your daughters birth record into her house book and give her a Thai birth certificate.

After this is done you would have to go with your wife to the passport office and sign the paperwork for her passport.

I don't think there will be any need for your passport to out your hands for any more than a few moments.

I think maybe at the moment his best option is to go to the local Amphoe after getting the birth certificate translated to register the birth.

And then to a passport office here.

excuse my stupidity .

but can you tell me where these official translators are??? as i am willing to do what ever it takes to get this passport and id.. " providing they not ripping me of for large sums of money"

marc

The most you should have to pay for the translation is around 500 baht.

Then little bit more for them to handle the certification at the MFA,

The rest you can do yourself.

One of the sponsers of this forum has an office in Phuket you could check with. See the banner add at the top of this page. If recall correctly they do translations.