50% More Expensive?

With a 33% drop in Sterling does that make items 50% more expensive.

75 baht = 1 Pound

1 beer 75 Baht....10 beers 750 Baht = 10 Pounds

50 baht = 1 pound

1 beer 75 Baht.....10 beers 750 Baht = 15 Pounds = 50% increase

Expensive na :o

Yeah, something like that. I think :D .

The only place the Pound is strong at now is, surprise surprise.......the UK!!

If it's cheap beer you want than you simply cannot beat the UK pub Chain JD Weatherspoon. They are now selling selected beers at 99p a pint along with selected bottled beers also at 99p.

Does'nt help when your in Thailand though, sorry :o .

Weatherspons...beer and burger 1.99...remember that.....just wanted agreement that it is actually 50% more expenditure even though the rate has dropped 33%.... so befor a pensioner on 500 a month would now need 750 for the same standard of living, and that of course not including increases within Thailand..... :o

If it's cheap beer you want than you simply cannot beat the UK pub Chain JD Weatherspoon. They are now selling selected beers at 99p a pint along with selected bottled beers also at 99p.

I was amazed to hear this - so a few of us are going to Worthing Wednesday to check out these prices/and beer quality.

The UK govt. as usual said that it is irresponsible!

The promotion I believe is to sell beer at 1980's prices!

Went to Benidorm for Christmas (to see parents) Lager (yuk) for £4 per pint - can't understand people living in Spain!

I was amazed to hear this - so a few of us are going to Worthing Wednesday to check out these prices/and beer quality.

The UK govt. as usual said that it is irresponsible!

The promotion I believe is to sell beer at 1980's prices!

Went to Benidorm for Christmas (to see parents) Lager (yuk) for £4 per pint - can't understand people living in Spain!

Any chance you can text/email me a couple of pints of spitfire, if they still do it?? :o

Already a 4% increase this week in Sterling and the grouts couldnt offload their bonds yesterday...dump yer euros thats for sure they will be worth **%# in a few weeks time....looks like its gonna get cheaper for Brits :o

Already a 4% increase this week in Sterling and the grouts couldnt offload their bonds yesterday...dump yer euros thats for sure they will be worth **%# in a few weeks time....looks like its gonna get cheaper for Brits :D

Wow.

Major problems the 7th januari and all solved day 8th. I hope your not bothering with the stockmarket with your limited knowledge about economy.

Keep your analysis at the beer-price level and you should be just fine, even as a brit. :o .

Already a 4% increase this week in Sterling and the grouts couldnt offload their bonds yesterday...dump yer euros thats for sure they will be worth **%# in a few weeks time....looks like its gonna get cheaper for Brits :D

Wow.

Major problems the 7th januari and all solved day 8th. I hope your not bothering with the stockmarket with your limited knowledge about economy.

Keep your analysis at the beer-price level and you should be just fine, even as a brit. :D .

Limited knowledge???....check the exchange rate...Sterling up again even though an interest rate cut.....still if I had euros I would be a bit worried like you seem to be :o

Wow.

Keep your analysis at the beer-price level and you should be just fine, even as a brit. :D .

Limited knowledge???....check the exchange rate...Sterling up again even though an interest rate cut.....still if I had euros I would be a bit worried like you seem to be :o

Im from Sweden, we dont have Euro, im not the least bit worried. :D .

Infact the dollar, pound seem to be cheaper than ever (actually the dollar went up a little the last month but thats a currensy that dont matter at all in my world. I can do my once in a lifetime visit to the states when the dollar is back on rock bottom), and the Swedish money i transfered here 2 years ago are now very high when i transfer them back again since the baht seems to be the only currensy that went up towards our money. (The Euro been about 10 for years. Right now its 10.24 krona for one Euro and the next time i need some it can be up/down 0,50, but it is stabil between 9.50 and 10.50 kr). The negative thing is that when i occasionaly try to use a Swedish atm card over here, i get shocked at how little i get. The baht is strong towards us. The pound is still very cheap compared to what it was. I buy a pound for 12 kr now, and Euro 10:24, The pound was 14:50! Seems to be the only currensy that i can buy much cheaper than usuall. And the baht seems to be the only currensy that costs more than usuall.

The "limited knowledge" comment was more that if you are doing complete analysis of your economy based on one day, being totaly depressed first, and superhappy the next day, it is for your own good that you stick to beer-price effect.