Any Good Sea View Condos For 5 To 6 Mil?

rick99

I am interested in Cha Am/ Hua Hin. I would like a condo for 5 to 6 million. I see some advertised, but do not know what buildings are in good shape and well managed.

Several ads show beach front, large two bedroom, sea view, furnished, etc. in this price range. I will only purchase foreign freehold (otherwise might as well buy a house).

If you live in a place like this, that is a good peaceful :o building, and you would recommend; please give me the name and location of your condo project. Perhaps you can have a new neighbour.

I am interested in Cha Am/ Hua Hin. I would like a condo for 5 to 6 million. I see some advertised, but do not know what buildings are in good shape and well managed.

Several ads show beach front, large two bedroom, sea view, furnished, etc. in this price range. I will only purchase foreign freehold (otherwise might as well buy a house).

If you live in a place like this, that is a good peaceful :o building, and you would recommend; please give me the name and location of your condo project. Perhaps you can have a new neighbour.

Two things to consider when purchasing. Do you want to be in and around town in Hua Hin so you can walk or take a songtaew to do all of your needs or do not mind being out of town and driving the 5 miles or so to get your daily paper etc. There are plenty of Condos out of town in your range. I've seen many advertised next to the Dusit that are complete beachfront units in town it gets to be a bit more expensive but still doable. You need to make the choice of what you prefer. Aniother good suggestion is to rent for a month in a building or even a unit you may consider buying then you have the proof int he pudding. PM me if you want more of my views in relation to my last six years here if you wish. Choke Dee

We have a two storey house in Baan Talay Samran which we throrougly enjoy - they have a a low rise condo building as well as detached houses, all on condo title. BTS is close to but North of Cha Am , which makes for a slightly quicker trip from Bangkok. This is a wonderful family venue we would recommend to anyone and it has a good mix of Thais and Europeans.

We also have a 2 bedroom condo (newer than BTS) on the top storey of a 4 storey low-rise in Puktien - a very sleepy town maybe 20km North of Baan Talay Samran that not many people have heard of and which is enjoyable for that reason. Nicely fitted out building managed by the owners of the Puktien Cabana Resort and beachfront restaurant across the road but smaller than BTS. Ocean views from the en-suite bathtub are a plus but some might find the location a bit too remote compared to Hua Hin.

You are welcome to PM me for details. Are you in Thailand?

We live on the beach a bit south of Cha Am and really enjoy it. The beach is great to walk on and also very clean. There are many good restaurants in the area and you can find most things you need in Cha Am. They have a very nice outdoor (covered) market in town and numerous markets in the area.

If you are into night life not a great place. The drive to HH isn't too long but HH traffic is pretty bad most of the time. We have been here a year and like it more all the time. But if you haven't spent much time in the area it isn't a bad idea to rent for a while and get the feel of it.

Sorry can't comment on the prices of condos but you shouldn't have any trouble getting into the 49% farang chanote. They seem to be mostly owned by BKK thais. The majority of them are empty during the week and have people during the holidays. That makes it nice and quiet most of the time.

Good luck in your search.

I keep hearing some good things about BaanTalay Samran. Can I get a private rental from an owner? Also, are any for sale by owner?

thanks

rick :o

We have a two storey house in Baan Talay Samran which we throrougly enjoy - they have a a low rise condo building as well as detached houses, all on condo title. BTS is close to but North of Cha Am , which makes for a slightly quicker trip from Bangkok. This is a wonderful family venue we would recommend to anyone and it has a good mix of Thais and Europeans.

We also have a 2 bedroom condo (newer than BTS) on the top storey of a 4 storey low-rise in Puktien - a very sleepy town maybe 20km North of Baan Talay Samran that not many people have heard of and which is enjoyable for that reason. Nicely fitted out building managed by the owners of the Puktien Cabana Resort and beachfront restaurant across the road but smaller than BTS. Ocean views from the en-suite bathtub are a plus but some might find the location a bit too remote compared to Hua Hin.

If you live in a place like this, that is a good peaceful :D building, and you would recommend; please give me the name and location of your condo project. Perhaps you can have a new neighbour.

Hi Ric

Did you get my reply to the PM you sent me? I can put you in touch with the owner of a 2br at Baan Talay Samran who might have what you are looking for.

I keep hearing some good things about BaanTalay Samran. Can I get a private rental from an owner? Also, are any for sale by owner?

thanks

If you live in a place like this, that is a good peaceful :D building, and you would recommend; please give me the name and location of your condo project. Perhaps you can have a new neighbour.

Hi Ric

Did you get my reply to the PM you sent me? I can put you in touch with the owner of a 2br at Baan Talay Samran who might have what you are looking for.

I did not get the reply, and would greatly appreciate any further information you have.

thanks

rick :D