Rubber Farming

howieae

Hi all, happy new yeay. I am new to this site and rubber farming. Interested to learn what sort of labour i would require for somewhere around 7,000 trees some of which will be ready to tap soon. Hope this question is not to naiive. Just tyring to work out the economics of going ahead with the purchase of a rubber farm. Already found a lot of good stuff on this site including spreadsheets but I am trying to understand the labour requirements. Any help would be really appreciated.

See topic on this forum "Rubber Farm Expenses And Revenue Spreadsheet"

Thks. Yes I saw that one, really good. But how many tappers would that equate to?

I'll do the math for you based upon Mosha's post in the other thread.

Assume that a laborer can do 750 trees a night. Normally because of rain and that sort of thing, most farmers cut all of their trees every night and rest them all at the same time, so if you have 7000 trees you will need 10 laborers (7000 / 750 = 9.3). So actually each laborer would be responsible for 700 trees. If laborers can only do 600 trees a night as Mosha's brother-in-law said he can do, then you will need 12 laborers.

Also be aware that if your land is not flat, then a laborer will probably do less than 600 trees each night.

See topic on this forum "Rubber Farm Expenses And Revenue Spreadsheet"

Thks. Yes I saw that one, really good. But how many tappers would that equate to?

I'll do the math for you based upon Mosha's post in the other thread.

Assume that a laborer can do 750 trees a night. Normally because of rain and that sort of thing, most farmers cut all of their trees every night and rest them all at the same time, so if you have 7000 trees you will need 10 laborers (7000 / 750 = 9.3). So actually each laborer would be responsible for 700 trees. If laborers can only do 600 trees a night as Mosha's brother-in-law said he can do, then you will need 12 laborers.

Also be aware that if your land is not flat, then a laborer will probably do less than 600 trees each night.

Donx

Thank you, it is a big help. So the challenge will be to find 12 skilled tappers then. Anyway that will be another problem for me to solve.