The End Is Near - Prices Are Falling!

satiariyan

First surprise: Yesterday we got our usual weekly supply of drinking water (1x20 l + 24x1 l). It used to be 40 baht for years, but about 1/2 year ago the price rose to 46 baht (no surprise). However, Yesterday the price was down to 43 baht all of a sudden.

Second surprise: Today I went to my usual supplier of cd's with "free trialware". It has been 100 baht pr cd for years, but today it was 80 baht all of a sudden.

Is this the beginning of the end? - Profound deflation, civic wars and global warming disasters?

GOOD....and about Time......still a Long way to go.......... :o .....LOS might even survive...

Knowledge of the fluctuations in oil prices and the degree of recycling of beers in English pubs, don't compete with the telltale of the fluctuations of prices revealed by the charges by local providers of basic needs - such as drinking water and ice - to local businesses where there actually isn't any dual pricing (except, perhaps for those farang "shops", that doesn't employ Thais of any kind).

The price of our by daily supply of ice has been 20 baht for filling our container with two sizes of "cubes" for years. About 6 months ago the entrepreneur declared he would not charge more, but there would be less ice in his bag. Consequently, an empty container has only been filled 80% for a while. However, since newyear the ice container has been filled to the brim for the same 20 baht. I watch such signs more closely than beer, cheese and gasolin prices.

Edited by satiariyan

Second surprise: Today I went to my usual supplier of cd's with "free trialware". It has been 100 baht pr cd for years, but today it was 80 baht all of a sudden.

Is this the beginning of the end? - Profound deflation, civic wars and global warming disasters?

If you've been buying CD's regularly off the same guy for years and it's always been 100bt, then I would suggest you've been getting a raw deal. I also used to buy CD's on a regular basis off a guy in the night bizarre and I used to pay 70 Bt as I got his 'good customer' price.

Maybe he just got fed up with ripping you off or felt sorry for you or something :o

For the record, I used to get my DVD's from another night bizarre guy for 65 Bt. I went back to see him this week as I was in Chiang Mai, bought 6 DVD's and still got that same price!! (over a year after I moved from CNX to BKK)

Edited by thecatman

Well, the Foremost milk I used to pay 55 B or so for a couple yrs ago was up to about 68 B by 12/07 and now it's frikking 84 B per container!! Taking the Farang to the cleaners unless the cows have cut back their supplies. And me thinks not. Btw, lat week Tesco had the milk marked down with their red slash pricetags: From 84.25 --> 84 Baht only Wow ! Why bother ?!

I'm with you.

Milk is such a rip off.

I am going the way of the veg when it comes to milk these days.